Premier League 2017/18 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
:lol:

Get lost fanboy.

Why praise Klopp? - He did what he always does, and so did Pep.
Allegri does what he always does in big games (his strategy is fairly predictable), I guess he’s not a great manager either?

Are you really this insecure about Allegri’s abilities that you feel the need to talk down other managers to make him look better?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
It's just that Klopps football works well against Pep's - and since none of those two ever adapts, that result isn't that much of a surprise.

The general praise for Pep i somewhat understand, not that i agree with it, but i get it.

Klopp though, i fail to understand why people keep mentioning him when they are talking of top coaches. Definition of a one-trick pony. Open your eyes.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It's just that Klopps football works well against Pep's - and since none of those two ever adapts, that result isn't that much of a surprise.
I remember one single time where Pep actually adapted to Klopps football, it was back in spring 2015 away at Dortmund.

Dortmund didnt produce anything except for a Marco Reus free kick and Bayern won 0-1 just staying back :lol: Its easy if they just want

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
How has Allegri ever adapted in big games?

His strategy is:

1. Make your forwards press for 25 minutes but without playing a high line.
2. Hope you nick a goal so you can defend your lead.
3. Once the players are exhausted, sit back and soak pressure, wait for the counter.

This is how we play every big game. He’s no more adaptable than Pep or Klopp.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I remember one single time where Pep actually adapted to Klopps football, it was back in spring 2015 away at Dortmund.

Dortmund didnt produce anything except for a Marco Reus free kick and Bayern won 0-1 just staying back :lol: Its easy if they just want
Was a DFB pokal game i think? Yep. Pep actually used a back 5 (not a back 3, but a genuine back 5, sitting deep) Completely shut down One trick pony Klopp, who kept playing the same shit for 90 minutes straight.

My question - why not do it again if you know it works? Because most of the time he's just too proud to ditch his beautiful football idea. But at least it shows he could adapt if he wanted to, unlike Klopp.

Yeah I remember that game, Pep can adapt, he shown it in Barca, he is just too purist and elitist in his view of footie that he finds it boring/defeatist to change his approach.

Klopp 100% cannot adapt, I seen him nearly relegate with Dortmund as the proof, every basic coach knew how to stop his Dortmund and he had NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how to switch it up to play another way.
:agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pep is a world class coach and so is Klopp.
Pep is a world class coach with stubborn flaw.

Klopp is nowhere close to world class coach. AT ALL.

And I like watching his Liverpool, but he is far from one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I remember that game, Pep can adapt, he shown it in Barca, he is just too purist and elitist in his view of footie that he finds it boring/defeatist to change his approach.

Klopp 100% cannot adapt, I seen him nearly relegate with Dortmund as the proof, every basic coach knew how to stop his Dortmund and he had NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how to switch it up to play another way.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Pep is a world class coach with stubborn flaw.

Klopp is nowhere close to world class coach. AT ALL.

And I like watching his Liverpool, but he is far from one.

- - - Updated - - -

Nedved is the worst poster here.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
To be honest this was coming for a while, man city have looked off the boil for about a month now.

I'm glad stones got found out today, the amount of praise he gets is laughable, bang average defender at best

This match was not won by klopp's tactical brilliance, he did what he preaches each game and press high.

As for klopp the manager, world class? no fucking way. A world class manager does not drop points to the likes of crystal palace, burnley, west brom

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Was a DFB pokal game i think? Yep. Pep actually used a back 5 (not a back 3, but a genuine back 5, sitting deep) Completely shut down One trick pony Klopp, who kept playing the same $#@! for 90 minutes straight.

My question - why not do it again if you know it works? Because most of the time he's just too proud to ditch his beautiful football idea. But at least it shows he could adapt if he wanted to, unlike Klopp.

:agree:
I think it was a Bundesliga game, but youre very right about the back 5. It was with Boateng, Dante and Benatia, they completly shut Dortmund down.

Pep is not my cup of tea, but i prefer him to klopp any day of the week. There is something about Klopp as a coach i just cant stand.. he is so cringe on the sideline as well, dont know if Its just me who thinks that though :lol:

Here is the match, Pep should do more of that, but like you and others said, he is to stubborn to change his approach

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I actually find Klopp to be a genuinely likeable guy in interviews and his passionate sideline antics (kind of a maniac, like Conte), but him as a coach is a superior version of Zeman, just huff and puff but no bite whatsoever.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Saying that Pep and Klopp are great coaches makes me the worst poster here :lol:
Pep is World class with his flaws. Klopp is good, but not someone i could see coach in the biggest clubs. He lives high on being the underdog

Dont want him in Bayern thats for sure. German media often says he is destined for Bayern

- - - Updated - - -

I actually find Klopp to be a genuinely likeable guy in interviews and his passionate sideline antics (kind of a maniac, like Conte), but him as a coach is a superior version of Zeman, just huff and puff but no bite whatsoever.
I also dont dislike him outside the pitch (he is kinda hypocrite though), but on the sideline he is .. dont know how to put a word for it

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I said to my brother when it went to 4-2 that it would end up finishing 4-4. Not quite but it was so predictable, Klopp doesn't have any clue how to close out a game, and in the PL it's open season with tactically clueless football. 3 goals up at home should not be at risk against any side when yours is that level, it's just nonsense. Aggressive and brainless, pouring players forward when it went to 4-2. You see Klopp at the end looking delighted at the result. Yes it's great to beat City so the result ended up as desired, you can be happy with that. I can't imagine for one second Allegri smiling at the final whistle, he would have had a nervous breakdown and stormed off up the tunnel flapping his arms about. Klopp wants to attack and win and that's it, if it happens he is happy.

As for City, what an absolute shambles in defence they were themselves. It was almost retarded some of the stuff they were doing. It would have been criminal facing an ordinary opponent but against such an aggressive press to be fannying around with the ball like that, lol. That's the good and bad of the Guardiola style I guess.

Any reason why Van Dijk wasn't playing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)