Premier League 2017/18 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We saw him here for two seasons not scoring much. He was amazing in the CL, but pretty meh in Serie A. At that time, it surely was too much of a gamble considering his performances. I actually wanted the club to buy him, but most certainly understood why they wouldn't pay. And remember. A lot happened to the price of the market post Morata's return to Real.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Judging him after he left us shouldn't even be discussed.
yep, if you think scoring is all there is to his game, youre right. he had 15 goals and 7 assists in 2300 minutes (a goal/assist every 105 minutes) his 1st season here, aged 22 and after skipping the preseason and start of the season due to injury. the 2nd year he did even better, having 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes (goal/assist every 99 minutes), despite a huge slump of form he had midseason when he struggled for 3 months. how many strikers you know had better numbers, and how many you know cost less than he did? last season for Real he took it to another level with 20 goals, 6 assists in 1900 minutes (g/a every 73 minutes), and now at Chelsea hes having 9 goals, 4 assists in 1300 minutes (or a g/a every 101 minutes). for Spain, in 1200 minutes, 13 goals and 3 assists (g/a every 76 minutes). he did this in 3 different leagues (strongest 3 arguably) for 3 top clubs and a top nation like Spain by the age of 25. in a world where Chelsea pays 40M for Batshuayi in that same summer he left, you can see why someone like him would have been worth it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
yep, if you think scoring is all there is to his game, youre right. he had 15 goals and 7 assists in 2300 minutes (a goal/assist every 105 minutes) his 1st season here, aged 22 and after skipping the preseason and start of the season due to injury. the 2nd year he did even better, having 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes (goal/assist every 99 minutes), despite a huge slump of form he had midseason when he struggled for 3 months. how many strikers you know had better numbers, and how many you know cost less than he did? last season for Real he took it to another level with 20 goals, 6 assists in 1900 minutes (g/a every 73 minutes), and now at Chelsea hes having 9 goals, 4 assists in 1300 minutes (or a g/a every 101 minutes). for Spain, in 1200 minutes, 13 goals and 3 assists (g/a every 76 minutes). he did this in 3 different leagues (strongest 3 arguably) for 3 top clubs and a top nation like Spain by the age of 25. in a world where Chelsea pays 40M for Batshuayi in that same summer he left, you can see why someone like him would have been worth it
I don't think he suited us that well other when we were counter attacking. It's a bit similar to Cuadrado's case. Again. It's easy to conclude today, when you keep involving his performances after he left Juve. Paying €60 mill. back then was nothing but a huge gamble. Funny enough - no one did. And I already said, I wanted the club to buy him, but it was understandable not to.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't think he suited us that well other when we were counter attacking. It's a bit similar to Cuadrado's case. Again. It's easy to conclude today, when you keep involving his performances after he left Juve. Paying €60 mill. back then was nothing but a huge gamble. Funny enough - no one did. And I already said, I wanted the club to buy him, but it was understandable not to.
60?

and Chelsea paid that, one year after he left. and why should i not include his performances after he left? that was the point i made, it was clear he will become a top player (baring serious injuries) when he was with us, as all the signs were there.

see, you understand why we didnt get him but i dont. he was the best and cheapest option and we should have went for him no matter what. the only explanation as to why we didnt get him and would make sense to me was if Real said hes staying there no matter what

- - - Updated - - -

btw, Rooney hatrick for Everton, including this goal:

[video=dailymotion;x6astxz]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6astxz[/video]
@Fr3sh

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
60?

and Chelsea paid that, one year after he left. and why should i not include his performances after he left? that was the point i made, it was clear he will become a top player (baring serious injuries) when he was with us, as all the signs were there.

see, you understand why we didnt get him but i dont. he was the best and cheapest option and we should have went for him no matter what. the only explanation as to why we didnt get him and would make sense to me was if Real said hes staying there no matter what

- - - Updated - - -

btw, Rooney hatrick for Everton, including this goal:

[video=dailymotion;x6astxz]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6astxz[/video]
@Fr3sh
Sorry. 50. How was that cheap back then? When United bought Pogba everything changed. In retrospect, you might be right. But it's easy to say now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually inclined to agree with you, but your total belief in hindsight is annoying.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sorry. 50. How was that cheap back then? When United bought Pogba everything changed. In retrospect, you might be right. But it's easy to say now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually inclined to agree with you, but your total belief in hindsight is annoying.
but Chelsea paid 40M for Batshuayi who was waaay less proven than Morata, before Morata even went back to Real. if you think that was expensive then ask yourself this:

-how many strikers good enough for us could have been had for similar or less money?
-how many of those are better than Morata or at his level?

i think us paying 90M for Higuain answers this question basically, there was no one we could have replaced Morata with for 50M around, therefore it cant be seen as expensive. lastly, how is this hindsight when i said the same back then also?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
but Chelsea paid 40M for Batshuayi who was waaay less proven than Morata, before Morata even went back to Real. if you think that was expensive then ask yourself this:

-how many strikers good enough for us could have been had for similar or less money?
-how many of those are better than Morata or at his level?

i think us paying 90M for Higuain answers this question basically, there was no one we could have replaced Morata with for 50M around, therefore it cant be seen as expensive. lastly, how is this hindsight when i said the same back then also?
I actually don't know and have to say that you might be right. But - Imo - it doesn't justify paying that much. The money was better spent elsewhere. For 90 mill. I most certainly believe we could've got a Griezmann kind of player.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I actually don't know and have to say that you might be right. But - Imo - it doesn't justify paying that much. The money was better spent elsewhere. For 90 mill. I most certainly believe we could've got a Griezmann kind of player.
i was actually saying we should pay Griezmanns clause when it was clear Cavani and Icardi wont come and Higgy was our seemingly only option. but i dont think the 30M (50M) for Morata could have been used better. the Higuain money i agree, a CM was needed and we could have gone for a lower profile CF to rotate with Mandzukic, like Immobile or just keeping Zaza. i dont know, my memory of that summer isnt so good in terms of what players were available

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Fucking hell, I just realised Morata is 25. Where has the time gone..

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We saw him here for two seasons not scoring much. He was amazing in the CL, but pretty meh in Serie A. At that time, it surely was too much of a gamble considering his performances. I actually wanted the club to buy him, but most certainly understood why they wouldn't pay. And remember. A lot happened to the price of the market post Morata's return to Real.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

#poulsencontent :rofl:

[video=streamable;tb8xd]https://streamable.com/tb8xd[/video]
:lol:

Makes the contract details between Benfica and Bayern even funnier.

Bayern has to pay €10m should he make the FiFA World XI and Another €10m should he get nominated for the FIFA Ballon d'or.

:rofl: @zizinho

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Makes the contract details between Benfica and Bayern even funnier.

Bayern has to pay €10m should he make the FiFA World XI and Another €10m should he get nominated for the FIFA Ballon d'or.

:rofl: @zizinho
He got subbed off at HT and some papers gave him a 3. Looks like a brainless runner with a cool hairstyle, or he's a complete mental midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)