Prem club tracks Tudor (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
23,038
#1
Prem club tracks Tudor
Juventus defender Igor Tudor is holding talks with an unnamed London Premiership club. The 26-year-old Croatian international was bought from Hadjuk Split in 1988 but has suffered several injuries since arriving in Turin. However, he is still a highly rated player and Juve have reportedly put a £4m fee on his head.
 

Orgut

Senior Member
Dec 31, 2002
13,497
#6
let him go will be great we would get his wage back and get money for a non playing player! The things he does since coming to Juve: 90% of the time he is injured and watching the game from the sidelines from the audience from the dressing room or from his own house and the other 10% he plays and scores an own goal
 

Adrian

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2003
4,421
#10
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
yes, I'd like to have him in Turin....but what about Montero and Iuliano? :D
tudor will give us some cash whereas no club would want iuliano or montero now...plus they have high wages for the state they are in as defenders.

realistically, not many of the current defenders should stay. montero, iuliano, tudor, pessotto, fresi(if he is still owned by us) should all be sold.
 

mikhail

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2003
9,575
#11
BTW, the unnamed club is Middlesboro. It's an interesting transfer for them, possibly an indicator that Southgate is indeed interested in moving on.
 

The Arif

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2004
12,565
#12
how can you guys want tudor to stay at juve?

why waste money on him for paying his wages when most of the time he's injured. let's sell him asap.
 

Tina

Senior Member
Aug 21, 2003
916
#13
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++
let him go will be great we would get his wage back and get money for a non playing player! The things he does since coming to Juve: 90% of the time he is injured and watching the game from the sidelines from the audience from the dressing room or from his own house and the other 10% he plays and scores an own goal
there is 1%when he scores for us.:D

BTW, the unnamed club is Middlesboro. It's an interesting transfer for them, possibly an indicator that Southgate is indeed interested in moving on.
Mikhail thanx for info.

hope if Igor leaves turin and joins boro, he will improve there
 

Desmond

Senior Member
Jul 12, 2002
8,938
#14
i wouldn't cry if he left,but i believe tudor is a great defender when fit and if possible we should keep him and get rid of older defenders first.

he is unbeatable in the air,has good awareness and scores alot for a defender.the only porblems are his injury proneness and lack of match fitness.

paired with a pacy defender, he'd make a reliable centreback.
 

Erkka

Senior Member
Mar 31, 2004
3,863
#16
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
BTW, the unnamed club is Middlesboro. It's an interesting transfer for them, possibly an indicator that Southgate is indeed interested in moving on.
Boro?! But Boro isn't from London, so I'd guess Tottenham or even Charlton if they had the money... Besides Spurs seem to love our fringe players...

and about that medicine thing :down:
 

gray

Senior Member
Moderator
Apr 22, 2003
30,128
#17
I'd sooner sell some of our other defenders than Tudor. I mean really, surely he has to get over his injury woes some time in his career, and when the man's fit he plays fairly well. I say keep him, I mean it's not like Boro and Spurs can offer us bucketloads of cash
 

mikhail

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2003
9,575
#18
True, but what they do offer is taking his wages off the books. There's no point in paying a player that injury-prone to sit on the treatment table. He may get over it to some extent, but Juve'll never be able to build a central defensive partnership about him. Let him go, and bring in someone who can offer something for years to come.
 
Jul 12, 2002
5,666
#19
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I'd sooner sell some of our other defenders than Tudor. I mean really, surely he has to get over his injury woes some time in his career, and when the man's fit he plays fairly well. I say keep him, I mean it's not like Boro and Spurs can offer us bucketloads of cash
That would all make sense if Tudor were still a defender. Sorry, but he's a midfielder now, and he sucks.
 

gray

Senior Member
Moderator
Apr 22, 2003
30,128
#20
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
That would all make sense if Tudor were still a defender. Sorry, but he's a midfielder now, and he sucks.
I wouldn't exactly say that "Tudor's a midfielder", just because Lippi decided to play him at DM, which imo served only to increase his injury woes.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)