Pre-season training (2 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
"Uday allegedly tortures athletes when they fail to perform up to expectations. He has beaten them with iron bars. Caned the soles of their feet. Dragged them on pavements until their backs are bloody, then dunked them in sewage to ensure the wounds become infected. If Uday stops by a player's jail cell, he might urinate on his bowed, shaven head to further humiliate him. As you might expect, Uday's unique motivational tactics are not proving an incentive for Iraq's athletes to put themselves in a position where they might fail and be punished.

One of the main fears of the Iraqi athletes is that any IOC investigation might be conducted as badly as the one carried out by Fifa in 1997 after allegations that three players were tortured and imprisoned following Iraq's 4-1 defeat by Japan in an Asian Cup match. When the team returned, the goalkeeper Hashim Hassan, defender Abdul Jaber and striker Qahtan Chither were named as the main culprits for the loss.

They were whipped for three days by Uday's bodyguards. On another occasion players were forced to kick a concrete football after failing to reach the 1994 World Cup finals. A two-man Fifa investigation team spent two days in Iraq. They talked to members of the Iraqi football federation, the coach and 12 players, who were examined for any physical traces of mistreatment."
I guess there's a few people out there glad that we liberated them......

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
"Uday allegedly tortures athletes when they fail to perform up to expectations. He has beaten them with iron bars. Caned the soles of their feet. Dragged them on pavements until their backs are bloody, then dunked them in sewage to ensure the wounds become infected. If Uday stops by a player's jail cell, he might urinate on his bowed, shaven head to further humiliate him. As you might expect, Uday's unique motivational tactics are not proving an incentive for Iraq's athletes to put themselves in a position where they might fail and be punished.

One of the main fears of the Iraqi athletes is that any IOC investigation might be conducted as badly as the one carried out by Fifa in 1997 after allegations that three players were tortured and imprisoned following Iraq's 4-1 defeat by Japan in an Asian Cup match. When the team returned, the goalkeeper Hashim Hassan, defender Abdul Jaber and striker Qahtan Chither were named as the main culprits for the loss.

They were whipped for three days by Uday's bodyguards. On another occasion players were forced to kick a concrete football after failing to reach the 1994 World Cup finals. A two-man Fifa investigation team spent two days in Iraq. They talked to members of the Iraqi football federation, the coach and 12 players, who were examined for any physical traces of mistreatment."
:eek: :dazed: Damn, that's harsh... :scared:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
"Football is not a matter of life and death,it's much more important than that."

i think uday may have proven sir matt busby right...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I guess there's a few people out there glad that we liberated them......
and accidentaly took they're oil... :D And don't take this in a wrong way, I just dislike George jr...

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

and accidentaly took they're oil... :D And don't take this in a wrong way, I just dislike George jr...
TOOK THEIR OIL MY ASS !!!!!!!!

I'm STILL paying $2 a gallon....

We SHOULD have taken it, for all the hard work and losses we suffered over there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

TOOK THEIR OIL MY ASS !!!!!!!!

I'm STILL paying $2 a gallon....
Oh please... I wish i paid $2 a gallon...

Try £4.04 ( $7.52 ) then come back and moan... you dont know how well off you are, you have amongst the lowest petrol prices in the world and you still try and make out your hard done by

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Oh please... I wish i paid $2 a gallon...

Try £4.04 ( $7.52 ) then come back and moan... you dont know how well off you are, you have amongst the lowest petrol prices in the world and you still try and make out your hard done by
Let me get you a tissue....or better yet, take the whole box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year , I was paying $1 a gallon, so this is a big increase

Your economy is better than ours, plus your English pound is almost TWICE the value of my dollar

So it stands to reason that you'd pay more

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Let me get you a tissue....or better yet, take the whole box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No need for tissues vin.... im not the one moaning.... I can afford it... when it gets to £15 a gallon then i might reconsider driving everywhere... but not before

Last year , I was paying $1 a gallon, so this is a big increase
So what... you still pay less than most... and many of the euro contries that pay close to as much as us have worse economies than you

Plus the fact that the US wastes more fuel per person than anyone else and have shown with their lack of interest (cum attempted manipulation) in such things as the kyoto agreement that they have no interest whatsoever in rectifying the issue

Your economy is better than ours, plus your English pound is almost TWICE the value of my dollar

So it stands to reason that you'd pay more
That my friend is jus plain ignorant bollocks... factor in house prices, living costs, taxes etc and the US is miles ahead of the game

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
If things are so bad there....move here !!!!!!!

My whole point was that ppl think we were in Iraq to take their oil, and we didnt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
If things are so bad there....move here !!!!!!!
Things arent that bad jus a bit pricey compared to many other places. Could never move to america... Dont get me wrong ive loved most places ive been in the US, plus i lived in boston for 8 months but america will never be a place i settle... likewise with turin ( a place i have lived in the past for several years and visit every couple of weeks) ... they jus aint home and life in italy or america jus doesnt stand upto to life here.

I have a house in turin where i stay when im there and as we have previously discussed i am looking into buying a holiday home in the us, but that is as much as it could ever be.

A little example as i mentioned it : We recently looked at a 5 bedroom house in florida, with a lovely garden backing onto a river with its own mooring and huge garage etc etc

This wonderful home came in at jus £3000 more than the very average 1 bedroom flat my little sis viewed last week... fvcking ridiculous

My whole point was that ppl think we were in Iraq to take their oil, and we didnt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well thats a different argument that i wont touch on this particular forum.

Personally i was jus replying to a stratement not a whole issue

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
No, I agree...I dont want to get too political here either...I just read the post by Poku, and had to respond

The cost of living here is definitely cheaper than in England, I can also understand the saying "there's no place like home.."

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Yeah everybody came back,we only miss Neddy and Enzo now...we better have in one week a complete squad...i mean with all the transfers made...

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #97
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
    Yeah everybody came back,we only miss Neddy and Enzo now...we better have in one week a complete squad...i mean with all the transfers made...
    No Maresca returned yesterday too.

We're missing Montero, Nedved and Appiah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)