Pre-season training (1 Viewer)

Mikey-DelPiero

Apr 4, 2004
according to alta vista:
Hat contested from ultras bianconeri 03 07 2004 Season 2004/2005 begins in way a po' burrascoso for the Juventus: to the first day of training of the bianconeri to Salice Terme, a cinquantina of ultras bianconeri in fact has contested to the new Fabio technician Hat, inneggiando instead to Marcello Lippi. From the song its, Fabio Hat has not moreover seemed a lot upsotten from the contestazione, greeting the present others supporters juventini close to the field d'allenamento.

hmm :confused:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Capello opens new Juve era Saturday 3 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve’s pre-season campaign has already begun with new Coach Fabio Capello meeting the squad for training this morning.

“I knew Juventus as a player many years ago,” explained the former Roma boss. “Now I come back to find an ambitious club and it is our intention to return to the top of Italian and World football.”

The Bianconeri’s last campaign under Marcello Lippi was something of a disappointment with an early exit in the Champions’ League, third place Serie A finish and defeat to Lazio in the Coppa Italia Final.

They have already drafted in new signings Giorgio Chiellini, an Under-21 international defender from Livorno, Olivier Kapo of Auxerre and ex-Roma man Jonathan Zebina, but more transfer activity is expected.

“We are still working hard on that front, and there is plenty of time to complete the deals we are interested in.”

There was a general sense of surprise when Capello was unveiled as their new Coach, especially after the bitter rows between his Roma side and the Turin giants over the last few years, but Director General Luciano Moggi reveals, “Our meeting to discuss this move turned out to be love at first sight.

The Turin giants are forced to start their season earlier than usual due to the Champions’ League preliminary round to be played in August.

Although the stars involved in Euro 2004 and the Copa America are set to arrive in the next few weeks, Capello has time to work with 17 first team members of the squad and seven youth players at the Salice Terme base.

The players getting to grips with this new era in the club’s history are Antonio Chimenti, Alessandro Birindelli, Ciro Ferrara, Mark Iuliano, Nicola Legrottaglie, Gianluca Pessotto, Alessio Tacchinardi and Fabrizio Miccoli.

Others have returned from loan spells at other clubs this season, such as Matteo Brighi (Brescia), Davide Baiocco (Reggina), Manuele Blasi (Parma), Marcelo Zalayeta (Perugia), Marco Zanchi (Bologna) and Cristian Zenoni (Sampdoria).

Enzo Maresca is at the centre of transfer speculation suggesting he could be sold to any number of clubs around Europe, but he will only join up with Capello’s training schedule on July 16 due to a muscular problem.

The man who has replaced Marcello Lippi at the helm of Italy’s most successful club side will have precious little time to prepare for their first big test of the season – the Trofeo Tim tournament with Milan and Inter at the San Siro on July 27.

It is only a short pause from there to the Champions’ League preliminary round on August 10 or 11, perhaps Capello’s most crucial match of his first year in charge of Juventus.

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    Yes, according to my Italian - Dutch dictionary Capello should be ' hair ' ;) :D.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Capello and the 'Triad'

Hey... what a great shirt Capello is wearing!

Can't wait for the new apparel to be available at subside.co.uk
    This year I am devoting the largest budget on Juventus apparel ever!

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by TroGeee ] ++
    Please translate this...

Capello contestato da ultras bianconeri
    03 07 2004

La stagione 2004/2005 inizia in modo un po' burrascoso per la Juventus: al primo giorno di allenamento dei bianconeri a Salice Terme, una cinquantina di ultras bianconeri hanno infatti contestato il nuovo tecnico Fabio Capello, inneggiando invece a Marcello Lippi.

Dal canto suo, Fabio Capello non è sembrato peraltro molto turbato dalla contestazione, salutando gli altri supporters juventini presenti vicino al campo d'allenamento.
    There isn't that much to say really, some fans weren't very welcoming, Capello just ignored them. Actually I read somewhere else that he cheekly waved at them!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    This year I am devoting the largest budget on Juventus apparel ever!
    Make it the least for me :groan:

I hate the new logo, and for me the jerseys are nothing to write home about either.

Jul 19, 2003
    Who the heck are all those players?!!

I can only recognize Miccoli, Zalayeta, Legrotallie, Zebina, Pessotto, Iuliano and Tacchinardi. Are the youth players training with them or something?

Could someone identify them please

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Friendly Fixtures:

10 LUGLIO: Juventus – Rappresentativa locale (Salice Terme ore 18)
    13 LUGLIO: Juventus – Alessandria (Alessandria ore 18)
    18 LUGLIO: Juventus – Pavia (Pavia ore 20.30)
    21 LUGLIO: Juventus – Genoa (Alessandria ore 20.30)
    24 LUGLIO: Juventus – PSG (Parigi ore 21)
    27 LUGLIO: Trofeo Tim – Juventus, Milan, Inter (Milano ore 20.30)
    3 AGOSTO: Trofeo Birra Moretti – Juventus, Inter, Palermo (Bari ore 20.30)
    6 AGOSTO: Juventus – Cesena (Cesena ore 20.30)
    13 AGOSTO: Juventus – Livorno (Livorno ore 20.30)
    17 AGOSTO: Juventus – Messina (Messina ore 20.30)
    28 AGOSTO: Trofeo Berlusconi – Juventus, Milan (Milano ore 20.45)

PRELIMINARI CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

10 e 25 AGOSTO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)