PRE-SEASON : Juventus - Manchester United (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

It has nothing to do with Keane meaning to take out Neddy or Neddy diving. I agree with Paul (Shadowfax) that Keano did not foul Pavel and that it should not have been I free kick, but I disagree with him when he says that the Man Utd player did nothing after the tackle. I taped the game and I've re-watched it three times and it shows clearly time after time that Roy Keane put his foot on top of Pavel Nedved's head.
Im sorry but that is not true.
There was only one feed for this match , so everyone saw exactly the same pictures where ever you saw it. (apart from those off us that had a perfect view at the time in the stadia, but im glad i recorded the match as well)

You are lying

Keane came to nedved (coming from the left) from the centre and head on .He slid under him (underhim meaning he could not have contact anywhere but neddys legs), with nedved falling forward.

That means that the challenge ended with keanes feet some 10 feet from neddys head (eg. he slid underhim they were laying end to end.
Keane jumped up instantly.

Now jus think about that... You run at some one head on and slide under them... they go over you. Which means you only contact their lower legs in the challenge and end with your head at THEIR feet.

Now you are telling me he preceded to turn (he was facing the other direction) step back nigh on 10 feet and tread on neddys head.... Sorry to be corse, but fvck off, that is complete rubbish

Sorry but you seeing things that are not there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

yes, shadowfax, attacks on keane are based on hate to this player but your defending of him is based on love for him. so nothing's wrong
Im sorry thats not true.
I dont like keane at all. I respect his abilities as i do all top flight players but like him i do not.

My reason for defending him here is purely that you cannot make these kind of lies about people... It is wrong

I defend him because the incident did not happen.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
yeah... great, but xtratime is down at the moment... so do someone know what site Paul is talking about?
Sorry anders,

Didnt know xtra was down, only even knew there was a site on there showing the games because a few people mentioned it.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

that's true, keano did nothing wrong in this tackle but he's still an idiot cause punched maresca and tacchi when they only pushed him. well.
He didnt hit tacchi at all.
As keane came out of the challenge tachhi ran in and chested keane back, keane stretched his arm and pushed him off.
Nothing else happened as another player and the ref stepped between instantly, keane walked towards the goal , around the group of players back to where neddy was laying, Whilst tacchi walked away from the goal and across to neddy..... There was no punch.

Dont recall a major incident with maresca (several challenges between them and un running verbal)
If you can point to roughly whhere in the game this punch happened , i'll watch it again

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zebraheart ] ++
Maresca is disappointing, while Appiah is worth expecting. We does need a creative mid. Maybe Appiah will fill the hole.
BTW: I heard Stankovic is avaiable, It's a good time to get him. He is the man I want to be in the black&white shirt.
Mresca did well, did some very good passes.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i think maresca played well too.

davids was fantastic in the second half before his substitution, and i noticed that our game was faster in attack than usual.

anyways,the result isn't very important, firstly because it was a friendly and secondly because at times we saw a different juve in attack which bodes well for the coming season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well,

in the game against barcelona,,,maresca divaio and CIa, were the heroes.

Yesterday´s game....Nedved a nd the main team were the guys that leaved our proud in high.

Both, juventus A and B did a good job, but both had a bad day too.

lets see.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
BTW guys, our new players look very confident and are playing well :) Maresca was along with Davids the best Juventino on the pitch in the first half and his passing is really good :thumb: Enzo is a complete midfielder, he's a great tackler, a great dribbler and a great passer :strong: Miccoli, though he wasn't very effective, showed some good signs and I hope to see him in the starting lineup for the Supercoppa game :cool: Legrottaglie didn't really have much to do because after Neddy, DP and Treze came on we were attacking non-stop and the commentator on my tv kept saying "Man U are afraid, they're very afraid" :D When Legro did have something to do though, he did it with confidence and he looked very good with the ball at his feet, plus, he almost scored a nice header from a Del Piero corner. Appiah was like Maresca, just not quite as good. His passing was good and he brought a good save out of Tim Howard with a blistering left footed shot :thumb: Overall, this was a good outing for Juve despite the embarressing scoreline, and I think that Lippi now knows what he has to work on and which formation he should play for the upcoming season :)
i really don't know what to believe - on the one side many people in this forum even praise the performance and say the score-line says nothing..
on the other side there are many articles around saying juve played very very bad and that juve-fans are already nervous..
+ lippi was also disapointed... (hopfully he can talk moggi into buying a new striker + defender because of the weak performance)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #491
    ++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++

i really don't know what to believe - on the one side many people in this forum even praise the performance and say the score-line says nothing..
    on the other side there are many articles around saying juve played very very bad and that juve-fans are already nervous..
    + lippi was also disapointed... (hopfully he can talk moggi into buying a new striker + defender because of the weak performance)
    When our first teamers like Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Nedved and co came on we dominated. We had Man U pegged back at this point and we were attacking them in waves. We didn't play badly at all.

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    i think maresca played well too.

davids was fantastic in the second half before his substitution, and i noticed that our game was faster in attack than usual.

anyways,the result isn't very important, firstly because it was a friendly and secondly because at times we saw a different juve in attack which bodes well for the coming season.
    To be honest, i don't like Maresca's performance in this match. He did nice in the first 10 minutes, but later he was wrong. The main reason that we(or our sub squad) lost is that we pass the ball too slow. So when the ball got into ManUtd's half field, their players had already been there to do a good defence. The space left for us is so narrow. We could only threaten them with long straight pass. If Maresca could get the ball and then pass it quickly and properly, we could find more space to attack. This is the reason why I don't like his too much dribbling there. He should be responsible to make us play as a team. They still need time and practices to accomplish this goal.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I kinda feel bad for all the American Juve fans who paid good money to see Lippi put on his "second team" from the start.

I know this game didnt mean much, but if I didnt go to the Supercoppa also, I'd have felt shafted !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)