Prandelli applauds ‘lucky’ Juve (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Cesare Prandelli believes that Juventus were fortunate to salvage a 2-2 draw in last night’s Coppa Italia match. "They were lucky," he said.

Juventus did well to come back from 2-0 down in Florence, but were helped by a fluke equaliser by Adrian Mutu, whose intended centre looped into the net.

"They are a great team," said the Fiorentina Coach. "But they were also lucky that Mutu’s cross made it 2-2."

Bad luck aside, Prandelli was happy with his team’s showing, given that he rested key players and the Viola did not disgrace themselves against Sunday’s Serie A opponents.

The Gigliati scored through Valeri Bojinov and Giampaolo Pazzini before Gianluca Pessotto and Mutu restored parity.

"I am happy, though," added the 47-year-old former Parma tactician. "I am pleased because we put on a good performance."

Juve Coach Fabio Capello agreed that his side were fortunate with their second goal, but was also pleased that the first-choice players that came on in the second half – Emerson, Pavel Nedved and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – made an immediate impact.

"We were lucky," confessed Don Fabio. "We played pretty well in the first half as well, although we weren’t as solid as we should have been.

"Fiorentina played well, while we were handed a touch of good fortune when Mutu scored," he continued.

"But we came to give it a proper go and decided that our best players would get a half – and they did."

Unfortunately the game had to be suspended for 35 minutes after tear gas, that police had been using outside the ground to deal with crowd disturbances, floated into the stadium and on to the pitch.

"I hope that those people’s names aren’t even mentioned," continued Capello, referring to the trouble-makers. "I’m not trying to underestimate the problem, but I’d just rather not afford them any publicity."<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
If he doesn't call the goal by Pazzini lucky, then I don't know what to do...

Overall, I think Fiorentina played better, and that Juventus should be happy with 2-2.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tedi Issajanian said:
@ Akerman

Viola played better than us? Did you see the game?

It was a match against one goal.
Yes, Fiorentina played better, actually Juve played better only from the time they conceded the second goal up until they equalized, all the other time Fiorentina were better.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If Capello wasn't such a straight-laced guy in public, I would love to see a headline of, "Capello applauds `delusional' Prandelli' ".

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Jeeks said:
Yes, Fiorentina played better, actually Juve played better only from the time they conceded the second goal up until they equalized, all the other time Fiorentina were better.

I like when juventus manage their efforts for big games ! it's clever from cappello and their fellows ;)

GO and LEARN ABOUT MANAGEMENT : efficiency and effectiveness :faq2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)