Power is nothing without control (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Juve's power right now seems to rest on a few things:

1. The ex-Parma Triangle (Buffon, Canna, Thuram)
2. Capello (I think he's done a very good job of preparing the team to win close games)
3. An opportunistic Juve bench

I don't follow the control bit, though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Juve's power right now seems to rest on a few things:

1. The ex-Parma Triangle (Buffon, Canna, Thuram)
2. Capello (I think he's done a very good job of preparing the team to win close games)
3. An opportunistic Juve bench

I don't follow the control bit, though.
I think the power is in the midfield. Not many holes are left gaping in the middle of the pitch like last season, and we control possession much better as well. We can even field Montero along with Cannavaro, and the midfield does a nice job not letting Paolo get tested that much.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Good point about midfield. Emerson has made the biggest impact in winning challenges, IMO. I think we have more we can improve on there. But Camo sometimes doesn't do anything foolish, Appiah has improved, Blasi is coming of age, etc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The midfield does not have any improving to do in the defensive aspects, only maybe in the effectiveness of the outlet passes.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello does deserved to be mention. A very good tactician that knows wad is essential for his team and makes changes if necessary.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
All your answers are correct, but the control is with Capello. He is the one imposing discipline in the team

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
our power lies within our ability to remain calm and in control at the back and looking assured whenever on defense.we exude an aura of calm in defence and this settles the team.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
our power?

difficult question.

our defence rulez.
we have the best goalkeeper in the world,
we have emerson who is THE MAN of our midfield
we have NEDVED who gives us this magic tone,
we have ALE that fans ADORE him and..he is our dear captain...
we have capello who is a winner anyway....

we have it all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)