Post your playlist (24 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
When you encode your own music to mp3, you can set the bitrate to anything you want, including the bitrate for unaltered .wav files. :D
didn't i mention that i get my music from KaZaA :lazy:

KaZaA set a limit on bit-rate quality to get the music industry off their back (by claiming that KaZaA doesn't support cd-quality music)

so most songs are 128 kbps, only that real famous songs are found with higher bit-rates.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    KaZaA set a limit on bit-rate quality to get the music industry off their back (by claiming that KaZaA doesn't support cd-quality music)
    Really? I never knew that. :eek: Interesting :)

But to tell you the truth, I don't hear a difference between 128 and higher bitrates, though I know some people claim they do.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Seriously dudes... This discussion is wack.

128 bit is great. I can't hear the diffenrence between that and CD quality.

Maybe my hearing just sucks or something...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Really? I never knew that. :eek: Interesting :)

But to tell you the truth, I don't hear a difference between 128 and higher bitrates, though I know some people claim they do.
    By Anders
    Seriously dudes... This discussion is wack.

128 bit is great. I can't hear the diffenrence between that and CD quality.

Maybe my hearing just sucks or something...
    only to the untrained ears :rolleyes: ;)

it really does make a difference...
    i burn CD's from those 128-bit mp3s so i could listen to them on a stereo or in the car, the quality is not that great when you turn the volume really high (unlike when you play an origional CD) :cool:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #45
    i do :p

with 1600+ songs, i got alll that + Arabic music, Amercian Oldies, Country, African (2 songs by King Afric :D ), Regae, and the Fat Albert theme :p
    country? :eek::shocked::yuck::LOL:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #46
    it really does make a difference...
    i burn CD's from those 128-bit mp3s so i could listen to them on a stereo or in the car, the quality is not that great when you turn the volume really high (unlike when you play an origional CD) :cool:
    Depends on how picky you are then, it's not like it's bad quality even though it's not perfect..

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #48
    I think Shania Twain has a great voice but some of the songs are plain horrible.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    No country whatsoever :yuck: :fero:

BTW... I just added all my Eros Ramazotti songs to my real playlist. I'm not obliged to update my online playlist am I? :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Si fabiana!!! cmo sabias???

jaja no mentira, espor mi lista verdad?? =P

Deberias bajar winamp,,para asi poder poner tu lista!
    ME ENCANTA OT!! no voy a bajar winamp porque ya tengo WMA!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    128kb/s is fine for me, besides I always convert to .wav before burning on to CDs. On winmx ( :p ) you can get high bit rates ;)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    128kb/s is fine for me, besides I always convert to .wav before burning on to CDs.
    So what? Once you set the bitrate low, you downgrade the quality of the recording, increasing the bitrate later doesn't change the data! If you buy shoes too small for your feet and cut off your toes to make your foot fit, you don't get your toes back just by putting your foot in a bigger shoe! (Horrible analogy, I know :D)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

So what? Once you set the bitrate low, you downgrade the quality of the recording, increasing the bitrate later doesn't change the data! If you buy shoes too small for your feet and cut off your toes to make your foot fit, you don't get your toes back just by putting your foot in a bigger shoe! (Horrible analogy, I know :D)

:LOL: :LOL:

that is by far , the worst analogy i've ever read in my life :LOL:

good one Mr. President :D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I can tell the difference ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)