Post of the month: November - nominations (2 Viewers)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    bianconero said:
    I don't know how to link, but when I do, that will be my hew nomination!
    *Sigh*. I guess I'll have to write a tutorial.

Top right of a post is a number, like #7 on the top right of this one. Click on it.
    Now you can only see this post. Top right of the page is "Thread: Post of the month: November - nominations". Click on that.

Now, you should be back in this thread, only with this post as your starting point. Copy the address in your address bar and... well I'll assume you know how to copy and paste.

Sep 1, 2002
    mikhail said:

Top right of a post is a number, like #7 on the top right of this one. Click on it.
    Now you can only see this post. Top right of the page is "Thread: Post of the month: November - nominations". Click on that.

Now, you should be back in this thread, only with this post as your starting point. Copy the address in your address bar and... well I'll assume you know how to copy and paste.
    Can you put that in thick'o english please.
    I can copy, but that is a lot of typing. Pasting lost me..

Sep 1, 2002
    mikhail said:

This is the best of November.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Martin unveils the mystery of the old English translations on the official juventus site:

Martin said:
    The English translations on the official site are now not too bad, apparently they actually hired someone to translate. But who does not remember the legendary Engrish they used to give us? They made us wonder just how they translated those articles. Well, the mystery is solved.

http://www.tashian.com/multibabel/

What happens when an English phrase is translated (by computer) back and forth between 5 different languages?

=

That thing happens, if a printed question English (of the computers) is to translate of two channels between 5 diverse languages?

For added fun, add Chinese, Japanese, and Korean in the chain.

When England explained and the updated restorations that had been turned five languages the internal part do not emit (with the calculation), of the ways happen to something?

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Two more nominations.

Bozi kind of nominated this, and I agree, http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1199874&postcount=61686
    swag said:
    Bozi said:
    you know that the whole process ahs gone arse to elbow when mcdonalds and starbucks get involved :disagree: but whatever makes these stiff-collared,middle-class,eco-conscious blowhards feel better about themselves and able to sneer at us.
    It's been a long strange trip. I've been aware of the whole Fair Trade thing for a number of years. Ironically, it was developed as sort of a response to the big business practices of the likes of Nestlé, Sara Lee, Proctor & Gamble, and Kraft Foods -- where they helped the Vietnamese grow and flood the market with C-grade robusta beans at $0.40/pound, putting any quality grower almost out of business with an inability to recoup costs. Fair Trade was also a response to the big retailers like McDonald's and Starbucks who encouraged those cutthroat price practices with mass quantity, questionable-grade beans.

To that extent, Fair Trade has been a success story in that now McDonald's and Starbucks -- two examples that were the whole cause for Fair Trade -- flipped sides and now support the causes. But Fair Trade has really gotten out of hand, IMO, particularly in the past year when all the "stiff-collared,middle-class,eco-conscious blowhards" suddenly got a hold of it and started to demonize anybody who produced or drank coffee that didn't carry the Fair Trade label.

Fair Trade is a completely flawed attempt at a problem. Some argue that it's better than nothing at all, while others disagree. What it's created is a Fair Trade cartel of sorts that works for some farms in a select few countries. But it's punished other farmers and created a lot of abuses too. It's gotten so bad that one of the premiere, high-end roasters in the U.S., Chicago's Intelligentsia, recently discontinued doing any business with Fair Trade. (THey created their own "Direct Trade" labelling in response to how shady Fair Trade has become.)

So what we have now are all these eco-conscious blowhards that are a couple of years behind of where they should be, promoting something now they should have been a couple years ago, but by now they should be questioning its value and recognizing all its flaws ... for which they are blindly not doing at all yet. :smoke:
    Also, I'm nominating Bozi for:
    http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1199870#post1199870
    Bozi said:
    Hydde said:
    hey where´s nick?
    hiding in his underground layer, working furiously ona bionic knee for rino

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    mikhail said:
    Even if he did misspell "lair". :biggrin:
    what do you expect when you are stuck on the most mundane nightshift and all the old dears have taken their crazy pills?

thanks for the nomination though:pint: :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)