Possible Ranieri replacements? (1 Viewer)

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Agree with you

i do prefer DD but there is no way to bring him back
I'm sure there were (not-so-obvious) reasons besides his transfer-market-attitude that made him leave juventus, and it's quite surprising that he didn't find a new club to manage in the meantime. I know he has been linked with the French NT, but this thing has passed since domenech renewed. There were talks about PSG too if i'm not mistaken, but... it does not seem to me that the clubs are killing each other to get DD, and it kind of makes me think that he's not ready yet for the big stage.
I could be wrong of course, but i'd prefer someone like prandelli every time.
In my opinion, we should focus on Italian coaches who know serie-a, play modern football, and have a decent transfer-policy. To me, prandelli is the only valuable option in this context. But we'll see...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How is Vialli appropriate?

What has he achieved?

Whenever you think about a former Juve player as a candidate, ask yourself if you would want him if he hadn't played for Juve in the past.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
How is Vialli appropriate?

What has he achieved?

Whenever you think about a former Juve player as a candidate, ask yourself if you would want him if he hadn't played for Juve in the past.
not only because he is former Juve player and if you are talking about any significant achievemets such candidates are not available currently unfortunately, so under current circumstances he seems to me appropriate and his chelsea was not bad at all I think

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But is being 'not bad' at Chelsea good enough? Ranieri was 'not bad' at Chelsea.

Why has Vialli not been a manager anywhere for the last few years?

Ranieri won't be sacked until the board finds a suitable replacement and that replacement will be someone they consider better than Ranieri.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
But is being 'not bad' at Chelsea good enough?
yes, along with that he is former Juventus player it is enough in current situation

Ranieri was 'not bad' at Chelsea.
Taking into account his budget and players he was very bad and in addition to that Raniari was terrible everywhere he has ever worked

Why has Vialli not been a manager anywhere for the last few years?

Ranieri won't be sacked until the board finds a suitable replacement and that replacement will be someone they consider better than Ranieri.
No, board is absolutely setisfied with Ranieri they don't have big abitions it's so obvious. so I think he should be replaced as soon as possible Juve has no future with Ranieri and I think we can't wait several seasons without any titke for coaches with achievements

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ranieri was considerably better then Vialli for Chelsea. And he in general is a better manager without any doubt, you couldnt be any more biased. Vialli couldnt do squat in lower league team like Watford and no one wants to touch him with a ten inch pole, while Ranieri has coached many good teams with decent results for almost 2 decades.

The only reason Vialli is even thought of as a manager, is because he was a stop gap manager in Chelsea when no one wanted the job, the only reason he was chosen such was because he played there. Heck when he was coach, he was a playing coach, played in his own games etc. It was a lucky chance he got coaching there to begin with, and he has been a total nobody as a coach since his 15 minutes of fame was over in the circus of Chelsea in those days.

Dont be dense and be able to differentiate between Vialli the player and Vialli the coach. Its ridicolous to be blinded by the former. Do you know of great juve players who tried at coaching after retiring and failed? Platini and Zoff, both coached us after retiring, both were bad. Get the significance? Great player is not = to good manager.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
C'mon.. I'm not saying that great player is the great coach. Vialli didn't have such players and finances as Raniari had in chelsea this is the difference and when you saying that Ranieri coached many good teams you should metion that yes he coached a big teams which was winning before and after Ranieri but not with Ranieri. So he has nothing to do with good coaching and even learning something or gaining experience in his 70, in the other hand Vialli is young and he can progress

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
yes, along with that he is former Juventus player it is enough in current situation

Taking into account his budget and players he was very bad and in addition to that Raniari was terrible everywhere he has ever worked

No, board is absolutely setisfied with Ranieri they don't have big abitions it's so obvious. so I think he should be replaced as soon as possible Juve has no future with Ranieri and I think we can't wait several seasons without any titke for coaches with achievements
He was very good for Parma, Fiorentina and in his first session at Valencia. There's no denying in that.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
He was very good for Parma, Fiorentina and in his first session at Valencia. There's no denying in that.
If we are talking about appropriate coach for Juve, it's not enough to promote once to CL or Uefa cup in his entire long term career and he surely will be the same forever, it's true that Vialli has no achievements also, but has a chance to progress and improve unlike Ranieri, this could be chance for him that's why I prefer him. As of waiting several seasons for the big coach when one will be available while winning absolutely nothing is not quite right thing for me

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
If we are talking about appropriate coach for Juve, it's not enough to promote once to CL or Uefa cup in his entire long term career and he surely will be the same forever, it's true that Vialli has no achievements also, but has a chance to progress and improve unlike Ranieri, this could be chance for him that's why I prefer him. As of waiting several seasons for the big coach when one will be available while winning absolutely nothing is not quite right thing for me
I like vialli too and i think he can be a great coach in the future. He won't be the first guy to manage the team without having trophies to he's name (same case with lippi when he first came here). I remember when ancielotti was our coach everyone was calling him a loser and that he will never be a great coach, i thought that he's great and he proved me right.

If we had a choice to get a more experienced "proven" coach then that would be even better. But if we can't manage to get that guy in the near future (next 2-3 years) then i will definately take vialli as our coach....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)