Possible Ranieri replacements? (3 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
We dont know if he'll be fired,or if hell quit.But what would be our replacement?We're talking about a realistic replacement here.

I dont think Prandelli is realistic at all.Not in the middle of the season.I doubt he'll come here even come the end of the season.He's devleoping Fiorentina,and IMO he'd prefer staying there for season for two more.

Roberto Mancini looks like a very realistic option.Lets keep the Inter hate aside for the moment.The man has won trophies,fairly or unfairly,where he has the upper hand over Ranieri.He's a better coach than most people give him credit for.He's won the league and the cup,so he knows what it's like to win.I wont mind having him here TBH.

Rijkard is a decent option too IMO.Not world class,but he would bring a freshness to our game.Hate him for Barcelona if you like,but the man's won as a player and as a manager.That does count no matter how you look at it.Plus he's played in Italy,so he wont have any problems with adjusting here.

Ferrara would be romantic,but it would be a gamble.One that could pay off,or one that could get us in deeper shit.I dont think this is the time to gamble on someone so young to coaching.We need someone who's coached succesfully at the highest level.

Lets remember that we cant get a Lippi or a Mourinho right now.It comes down to Mancini and Rijkard IMO.Spaletti can be drafted in if he gets the boot at Roma.

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I would agree with this, but your dumbass management wouldn't let him do what he needed to do with the team, so he quit.
They're losers and losers usually get along easilly with other losers (ranieri). I swear from the first time that i've seen the picture were the trio putting their hands together with ranieri i just knew those guys will screw up the club......

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Donadoni,Colantuono,Ferrara,Conte,Rijkaard,Mancini,Zeman,Cagni,Malesani,Novellino...

These are more or less realistic choices.Stop dreaming about the fag Prandelli,he wears too much "viola" for my taste anyway.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would agree with this, but your dumbass management wouldn't let him do what he needed to do with the team, so he quit.
Emphasis on dumbass.

Dumbass also explains the fools who defended the management for their actions regarding Didier Deschamps.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Apart from the mentioned I really cant think of any other good alternatives.

There are managers like Terim, Hiddink and Cuper who are in charge of national teams but I would hardly call them ideal. Zico did an ok job with Fenerbache but he is not proven at a high level. Hitzfeld would be a good choice but he is with the swiss national team.

Houllier would be interesting....

Other than that we have old boys like vialli, ferrara, conte etc.....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Claudio Gentile...for now. Mancio was my twisted kind of pick to piss off inter and win with one of their "boys" like they did with us. Mancio would be a hit or a major miss. Don't know if it would be worth the risk so I'd go with Gentile. He's so hungry to get back after getting the shaft by the powers with the FIGC. He was the man for the NT but the boys decided for Donadoni. Gentile was with Juve and coached a winning u-21 Italian NT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)