pop-up killer (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
A firewall has nothing to do with popups, because popups aren't an external connection to ur comp as such, they're just another browser window as far as your system's concerned

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Martin, "Mozilla" is for sale only? No freeware?

You know what happened to me? One day for unknown reason any webpage I visited the "Classmates" window would pop up, and everytime I'd change the page that thing would pop up. Nobody could find the source for that- I guess it was like a virus or something. I had to reformat my computer!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sounds like spyware to me, u could've just run a spyware/trojan remover :p

Mozilla is an open-source project, I think it'd be illegal to sell it :)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
A firewall has nothing to do with popups, because popups aren't an external connection to ur comp as such, they're just another browser window as far as your system's concerned
well i have Kazaa, iMesh and some other crap and i use Zone Alarm and i do not get and incredible amount of pop-ups.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    well,i solved the problem with pop-ups...i installed msn toolbar and it contains pop-up blocker... ;)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    I dont want anything extra from microsoft.

I use POW!. Everytime you get pop-up, you mark it and it will never pop-up again.

a bit tidious at the begining, but then it works fine :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    well i have Kazaa, iMesh and some other crap and i use Zone Alarm and i do not get and incredible amount of pop-ups.
    Maybe zonealarm is more than just a firewall but like gray said, popups have little relation to firewalls since they work from "inside" your computer.

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

I use POW!. Everytime you get pop-up, you mark it and it will never pop-up again.

where can i get it?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

Wouldn't you rather have a browser that just blocks popups automatically instead of having to add a new entry for every stupid site that has popups?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Wouldn't you rather have a browser that just blocks popups automatically instead of having to add a new entry for every stupid site that has popups?
    :D

Ingenious really.

First distribute an instrument of torture that allows moronic javascript to open popup windows when you least expect them and desire to see them.

Then watch people's frustrations grow to the point where they invent their own tools that block popups, continuously consuming a slice of the cpu time. A self contradictory system, how brilliant. We might as well flush five bucks down the toliet everyday, it doesn't get dumber than that.

And how do you think the popup blockers work? It's gotta be polling. Continuously checking the process list for a match on the window header, I don't see how else they could make it work.

Mozilla to the rescue. gray, what is the mozilla count?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)