Group B

• Austria

• Croatia

• Germany

• Poland

Results are only viewable after voting.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Ballack has hit form at the right time IMO.I dont think losing the final would make a lot of difference.That might just motivate him more.Klose had a pretty good season too.I think the Podolski-Klose partnership is very very effective.I havent followed the German NT after the world cup so i dont know if they're still using these two upfront,but the way they were linking up back then was fantastic.Something along the sames lines in this tournament,and Germany could really be a team to watch out for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I wouldn't prefer Klose-Podolski partnership.How many goals did Podolski score this season? :tdown: He missed a lot of the matches though.
Klose should play but in duo with Mario Gomez.This guy has been great all season and he's great talent.

Germany can't be underestimated.They can always suprise plus they have some very good players.In defense with Merterascker,Metzelder and especially with Lahm on the flank makes their defense good.Yet we are to see if Schweini is going to show WC preformances and see if he's overrated or not.There's also Borowski with solid passes and great shot.I never linked Ballack.I think he's one of the most overrated players around.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Germany is the strongest and the most promising squad, IMO. I'd like to see a final between Italy and Germany. It would be great, absolutely fantastic match to see.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
German trio Jermaine Jones, Patrick Helmes and Marko Marin have all revealed their disappointment at being dropped from the final 23-man squad, but have all wished the team well for the upcoming tournament. From Goal

I am really disappointed with Low especially with Marin as the options on the right hand side are really limited. Odonkor is the only option there or you have to move schweini to the right which makes him almost ineffective. Fritz doesn't give you much as a midfielder, so i really fail to understand the choice.

I understand jones' omission as the CM position is pretty filled up and he opted with the experience of Neuville over the young Helmes which is ok.

I am interested to see how he will exactly play as the creativity was dealt a big blow with schneider injury anyway, and now with marin out. So i want to know how will the team play with that gap.

if he didn't/doesn't fix it then i see Croatia getting first place .

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i saw the germany-serbia game the other day and just noticed a few points about germany. Serbia played a very closed, disciplined, and compact way which was very good as i think many teams will play that way against Germany which wasn't the case in the past.

It was obvious that the right hand of the midfield lacks creativity and i dont think fritz is the right choice there. Also the central of defense looks shaky, the same goes for the right hand side as lahm left a lot of gaps. Schweini didn't impress that much especially on the left.

Jansen looked very good and the same goes for Gomez (although he should've scored).

Its only a friendly but there are few things to work on, and if they are not rectified we will see a similar outcome to 2004.

Serbia look like a team for the future though. Good players all over the field and if they get the right mix and a good striker upfront they could be a surprise in the WC qualifiers.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ballack has hit form at the right time IMO.I dont think losing the final would make a lot of difference.That might just motivate him more.Klose had a pretty good season too.I think the Podolski-Klose partnership is very very effective.I havent followed the German NT after the world cup so i dont know if they're still using these two upfront,but the way they were linking up back then was fantastic.Something along the sames lines in this tournament,and Germany could really be a team to watch out for.
Klose started off well but had an awful second half to the year. Podolski still has alot to offer and he needs to start for the germans

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Germany & Croatia
It seems certain. I can't wait to see Germany face Croatia that should be an awesome match. I'm pumped for the games 2morro Because I want to see how this current German side will play when the pressure is on and they don't have Klinnsman. I also really want to see what Austria have to offer. Who knows, although i doubt they will reach the quarters, if they are underestimated, they could spring a shock victory which could screw over one of their fellow groups.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Damn, i'm so nervous. It's exactly the same feeling like when Juve are about to play Milan or Inter or an important CL match.
And i fear we'll fuck this up and choke badly.
Šimunić (centre back) says he is better techically than whole Austrian team together. The fools are making the same mistake they made before the match vs Australia in 2006 or before the last EURO match vs Switzerland, by underestimating the opponent.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #56
    I wish Croatia all the best for today, I hope we'll see one hell of a football game on a Sunday afternoon.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I've backed them at 12/1 to win the whole thing.

They better not fuck it all up by not beating shitty Austria.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #58
    In our pool we have Italy, Croatia and Russia to win the whole thing.

Russia at 25/1 so I guess it will be most profitable for us for Guus' men to win it.
    Scorer kings are: Del Piero, Torres or Modric.

Then we have 6 tripple coupons for all the group stages, the coupons have four games obviously picked in randomly, so far yesterday's game came in correct but they are in two different coupons.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I don't know if it's mentioned in this forum, but Russians will have very tough job playing without their best player, playmaker and leader Arshavin and without the UEFA Cup topscorer Pogrebnyak.
    Arshavin is suspended for 2 matches while Pogrebnyak (this name is so funny in Slavic) is injured.

Another factor that stopped me from placing money on the Russians is the schedule. In last round it's Spain-Greece and if the Spaniards secure the first place before the last match (i doubt they will, though) they can do the Greeks a favor by playing with their B squad.

Russians are still a good unit with a great coach. If they survive the opening 2 matches (actually, all they have to do is to beat the Greeks, they can even lose from Spain) then it will be another story with Arshavin back in the team.

I also played a lot of trebles and i also won yesterday's matches (Portugal to win and Under 2.5 goals on Switzerland-Czech Rep.)...and i also have them in two different coupons. :)

My favorite coupon with the highest stake is the treble consisting Portugal+Germany+France to win their opening matches and i have this bad feeling that the French will fuck it up.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    Pogrebnyak is Zenit's hitman, right? I had him in my fantasy league team, how log is he injured?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)