Group B

• Austria

• Croatia

• Germany

• Poland

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Germany and Croatia for me. Lame group this one. Hardly a game that gets you excited beforehand.
Really? Germany and Poland have a huge rivalry, and this tie is quite exciting IMO. Both teams are in form, and Poland hold a chance even though the Germans are very strong (IMO one of the biggest favourites of the tournament).

And Germany-Austria is also quite a historic challenge.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Really? Germany and Poland have a huge rivalry, and this tie is quite exciting IMO. Both teams are in form, and Poland hold a chance even though the Germans are very strong (IMO one of the biggest favourites of the tournament).

And Germany-Austria is also quite a historic challenge.
I agree Germany are probably top 3 biggest contenders for the title, but for me this is the least attractive group by far. There are of course non football factors that make these clashes more interesting but it's not enough to get me real excited.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
look at this group and look at azzuri groups.......damn..
This may not be the "Group of Death".

But my wife, a great cook if I might add, likes to make the food of the represented countries during the finals.

This is the "Group of Tastebud Death". For sure. :sick:

(Sorry, Croatia.)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
No.

Do you believe Austria are a feminine nation?
Well, i do believe that one of these two countries will make it to the next stage...

The word "country" is feminine in my language, should i refer to countries as "it"?

Ex:
-Do you like Austria?
-I like her/it

Sorry for my mistake, if it wasnt for you guys, i would have forgotten every single "drop" of the English, i still know, pls correct me, i dont mind and i hope you dont mind either:google:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

This may not be the "Group of Death".

But my wife, a great cook if I might add, likes to make the food of the represented countries during the finals.

This is the "Group of Tastebud Death". For sure. :sick:

(Sorry, Croatia.)
Care to elaborate? What have you tried?
Very true.

Not sure this Croatian side is as good as that one though.
I think it is better then that one in 1998.
That will be decided after the Euro, for now it's not fair to compair. Though I do see lots of talent in this current squad.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That was a great Croatian squad.I remember cheering for them againt Germany(thank me:D).

I always hated Suker,but Boban,Stanic,Jarni,Vlaovic...they were class.I especially liked Stanic.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We suck in the major tournamnets so I am really afraid of being eliminated in the group again.

We will probably beat Austria, then we will draw with Poland and we will fuck up against Germany.

On the other hand, our team spirit is high as never before and that could be the key. We must prepare good for this group. Our talent is unquestionable. But the mentality of our squad was our low point.

We must go into every game with a Juve mentality. :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, i do believe that one of these two countries will make it to the next stage...

The word "country" is feminine in my language, should i refer to countries as "it"?

Ex:
-Do you like Austria?
-I like her/it

Sorry for my mistake, if it wasnt for you guys, i would have forgotten every single "drop" of the English, i still know, pls correct me, i dont mind and i hope you dont mind either:google:

I was just being pedantic.

Over here they are referred to as the host nation rather than hostess, but as a general rule countries tend to be feminine. Bit of a contradiction really.

I don't see Austria qualifying, from what I saw of them against England, they are crap.

Switzerland have a better chance, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
I think it is better then that one in 1998.
But the Germany squad was horrible, full of old, slow players and still playing freakin' 3-5-2. Germany was far from being a world-class team at that time, it took them very long to find their strength again between 1997 and (at least) 2002.

nonsense

Dec 8, 2007

Ex:
-Do you like Austria?
-I like her/it

I like Austria too - Although it's the country were I live in :D

Greetz

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i am slowly getting into the spirit of the euros, i thought i would give some opinion on the german NT.Many people see them as the team to beat but i dont see it as simple as that. Low is going to have to do a lot of work to get the players up for it even though it is essentially the same team from the WC. If he doesn't provide them with the right mindset, then i see a similar scenario to 2000 or 2004.

Factors that are a bit concerning is guess is that many players ( especially key players) are coming of average to bad seasons.
Ballack had a decent season after coming back from injury but he just lost a final, the same for Frings and Borowski. Merterascker's season has been average the same for schweini and jansen. Metzelder didn't even play for half a season but he did well a couple of times. And low himself still doesn't know who will play on the right wing with schneider's injury.

The only player that goes into the tournament on form from that squad is gomez, and i am really interested to see how he fares on the big stage.

This will be a tight group imo, as Croatia will always give a tough game and Poland will lift against germany. Austria are the hosts, so you never know how it will go with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)