Politics... My Complaint (6 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++

I care about people and I wish not to offend them unless required to, and I neither am required nor wish to offend Respaul, especially in this situation :D

sorry for sounding like an egghead, but ive been doing this for a while now....:D
Oh yes I know about doing this for a while now ;)

Dictionary.com said ;) that egghead is not some horrible thing :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I missed the trade wheare you found "ignorant , biased, un educated political statements"... anycase speaking just about the avatars I don't understant how a peace avatar can be offensive. Peace means just peace not to be with somebody or vs somebody else...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
No offence Martin, but your a hypocrite

maybe, but im sure there are more subtler ways to put it regardless of who he is or what status he has

the way you make your point sometimes....well im not surprised that personal arguements get started when you say things like that...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
I am led to beleive there is a no politics rule on this board.

So why is it allowed for people to make ignorant , biased, un educated political statements in a certain thread that some of us may find highly offensive... and yet they are not deleted, and those that are offended cannot return a reply as that would be breaking the rules of this board.

Please, either allow politics completely or ban it completely.

:(

Thank you
Alright, Paul I know that I've delved into the current politikal scene, and I apologize for that indiscretion, but I don't see why you would say, "either allow politics completely or ban it completely" I certainly don't think everything needs to be polarized and I for one trust Martin's judgement and the judgement of the other mods. Furthermore, a peace sign, while probably a politikal statement, is not necessarily so. And even if it were I don't see the harm.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
QUOTE]++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
I missed the trade wheare you found "ignorant , biased, un educated political statements"... anycase speaking just about the avatars I don't understant how a peace avatar can be offensive. Peace means just peace not to be with somebody or vs somebody else... [/QUOTE]

it may be offensive somtimes , imagine an avatar with stop the war on iraq for example , the guys who support the wqar and think that this war is for noble principles will be pissed

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
it may be offensive somtimes , imagine an avatar with stop the war on iraq for example , the guys who support the wqar and think that this war is for noble principles will be pissed
Okay, but until there is a specific complaint about a specific avatar/signature, then I don't think that it'll be a problem. And I don't think that there will be such complaints.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
Yes but the avatars I saw have just the sign of peace with no comments and this can be just a "philosophy" or a sign of sadness to all the victims of the war of both the parts... they are not vs anyone or vs any priciples and they do not even mention the current war.

IMO they can be considered "offensive" just in case they have some insulting words to one of the part who are involved in this war and "someting politic" just if they contains words about how this war was useless or necessary, who of the parts has more foults, ecx...

I think that saying "peace" is not a political sign is just wisching a peaceful world and beeing vs the war in general indipendently to your ideas about this particolar one.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Yes but the avatars I saw have just the sign of peace with no comments and this can be just a "philosophy" or a sign of sadness to all the victims of the war of both the parts... they are not vs anyone or vs any priciples and they do not even mention the current war.

IMO they can be considered "offensive" just in case they have some insulting words to one of the part who are involved in this war and "someting politic" just if they contains words about how this war was useless or necessary, who of the parts has more foults, ecx...

I think that saying "peace" is not a political sign is just wisching a peaceful world and beeing vs the war in general indipendently to your ideas about this particolar one.
Rickenbacker2 , mate
:thumb:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++

maybe, but im sure there are more subtler ways to put it regardless of who he is or what status he has

the way you make your point sometimes....well im not surprised that personal arguements get started when you say things like that...

ok i was harsh. would like to apologise.

ex-rasp9

Apr 8, 2003
fortunately, i have neither avatar nor specific signature exept my name which can't ( i hope! ) offend anybody.
but i do believe ppl shouldn't use any political avatars here. we're very different, actually, and the best thing is to stay rather far from politics, otherwise there will be always ppl who will claim they're offended or so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)