Playing Football (1 Viewer)

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #67
    6-3 loss. Was quite an even game an own goal forced us to push for an equalizer which left us exposed to counter attacks.

For my part I played alright. Couple of mistakes, but my good tackles outnumbered them.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    6-a-side futsal on Tuesday, 5-a-side futsal on Thursday and 11-a-side on Saturdays, all in between other sports.

I should be coaching at the WC or something.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #69
    6-a-side futsal on Tuesday, 5-a-side futsal on Thursday and 11-a-side on Saturdays, all in between other sports.

I should be coaching at the WC or something.
    Do the rules of Futsal differe much from the rules of 5 or 6 a side football? I don't know much about it at all.

What position do you play at 11s?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Fucking bossed the midfield last night! 3-1 win too, got involved in all of the 3 goals with no direct assist it. Good match yesterday :D

It was all down to eating loads of strawberies and cherries before the match :D

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #71
    I always remember this video with Cannavaro giving sport nutrition advice. Pasta, pasta and more pasta :D

Nice one on the win. In my last game I actually fucked my big toenail. The swelling and that has all gone down but it's still black as balls. I'm gonna just tape it up and forget about it for the next game next week, though

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #73
    By the time I get home I'm usually too bushed to have any dinner, let alone beer (I actually don't drink anyway).

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    By the time I get home I'm usually too bushed to have any dinner, let alone beer (I actually don't drink anyway).
    Thats probably why no beer then? :D

We usually go out to a bar after the match, for few hours (sometimes it can be longer... much longer :D )

My knee is still messed up, but it healed to a point that when fully warmed up, I can play without feeling it for most of the match. 3 more weeks and 1 month middle of season break, that\s where I will heal!

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #75
    Nice one. Got a friend who's recovering from an ACL injury he sustained about a year ago. It's still pretty bad though and he struggles to walk after every game. He's decided to rest up for a couple of months. Which scares me shitless because he's my opposite number and pre-injury he was fucking good. Probably could have made it as a pro if he didn't enjoy other things (like having a good drink and generally having a great time) so much.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Know loads of people who would have made it as a pro footballer if not for other "distractions". Kind of sad, because apart football most of them they have not a lot going positive.

As for my knee, If i would think I could get an ACL tear I would definetly not be anywhere near the pitch. Though I have no idea what it is, it's probably some injury which needs time to heal, 3 more weeks and 7 more games. One of witch will be in Lithuanian National Cup against a top flight team :D

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #78
    Know loads of people who would have made it as a pro footballer if not for other "distractions". Kind of sad, because apart football most of them they have not a lot going positive.

As for my knee, If i would think I could get an ACL tear I would definetly not be anywhere near the pitch. Though I have no idea what it is, it's probably some injury which needs time to heal, 3 more weeks and 7 more games. One of witch will be in Lithuanian National Cup against a top flight team :D
    Sweet, man! Which one? Kaunas by any chance (only one I know and that's because of their link to Hearts. I had runner's knee which fucked me for about 6 months before I could walk without a knee support. Pretty bad, but the best thing for it was to strengthen the muscles around my knee and rest as much as I could (not very much)

- - - Updated - - -

Why must you insist on trying to ruin Scotland's heritage? :p
    Knew somebody would say that :D

I used to drink (a shitlot, like any other teenager/student) but it was really fucking with my head and costing me a lot of money so I decided it could get tae fuck. Nearly two years later I feel better mentally and physically, have more money and spend exactly zero time being hungover. Epic win.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    There is no more FK Kaunas, it went bankrupt, but it's a team from Kaunas :D

I'll probably break in half playing against them :D

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #80
    Got an 11s game tomorrow. My toe is...not painful sore but uncomfortable. I've decided just to ignore it and play my ass off on the pitch regardless :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)