Playing Football (5 Viewers)

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
I definitely look at 5s as a kind of training for 11s games. The 11s games I play are just among friends so it's not really a big deal but we have two teams who keep their core players so there is definitely an element of competition. These days in 5s I try to go outside my comfort zone and try to work on things I'm not so good at such as dribbling and not panicking when under pressure. As you say there's less space so it improves your decision making and speeds up your thinking during a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, do you play 11s with a team/in a league or just with friends?
friends

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I play 7s a side and 11v11. Playing a proper 11 on the field is so much more though it's just a different kind of game to all of the 5 and 7 a side.

In lithuania it's fun playing, because the football community isn't that big compared and you get to play in amateur leagues( which is 3rd league of the country and all the rest sunday leagues) with a lot of retired pros, that used to play international football. Last year we won the third league after finishing second the year before.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I played 11v11 in my prime,

made a return last year and am still a fullback and sometimes even slot in at cm (do a shit job)

played 5v5 with my cousins sometimes, you need so much fitness for that shit, plus you need to be really quick on your feet

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I played 11v11 in my prime,

made a return last year and am still a fullback and sometimes even slot in at cm (do a $#@! job)

played 5v5 with my cousins sometimes, you need so much fitness for that $#@!, plus you need to be really quick on your feet
Try some Fartlek training. It's really good.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I play 7s a side and 11v11. Playing a proper 11 on the field is so much more though it's just a different kind of game to all of the 5 and 7 a side.

In lithuania it's fun playing, because the football community isn't that big compared and you get to play in amateur leagues( which is 3rd league of the country and all the rest sunday leagues) with a lot of retired pros, that used to play international football. Last year we won the third league after finishing second the year before.
:lol::lol: what you talkin' lithuania moron stalin gave yous all best football and you say not big :rofl::rofl: western brainwash child 128 bit brain :lol:

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #33
    Played a game of 5s last night despite having a mildly sprained ankle. Fucking thing has flared up worse than it was before. Bad call. Also realised I can't make the next game of 11s I had planned - in an actual stadium as well :cry: - because I already had something to do that night.

A truly dark day in my football career

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    i once got my ankle sprained too. but it was basketball, not football. it was 4 minutes passed in the 3rd quarter. i grabbed a rebound, landed bad and got a sprained ankle on my right foot. i got a "Kobeish i cant get injured" feeling and i didnt want to be subbed out, so i continued to play and i swear i was better with my sprained ankle than without. i scored 10 pts in the last 15 minutes (before that it was only 6 pts in 25 minutes). later, when i got home my foot was bigger than my head but it was worth it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)