Platini : If I Were UEFA President... (3 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
reggaeboy said:
I am new here. I have conflicting views but i am leaning more towards Platini. The UCL has somewhat lost its status because of the excessive amount of teams, which for the most parts are not really"Champions". However i do agree with Seven as well i would prefer to watch the 3rd place team from Italy, Spain or England as opposed to teams from some smaller footballing countries. As a matter of fact, once Juve is involved i am quite satisfied...Italy's only true Champion...Forza Juve
Welcome, Rasta-man!!!:smoke: :D

Enjoy your stay...

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I would bring the old format of the competition. What is this stupidity that a team placed fourth in a league gets to play with another league CHAMPION?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Jeeks said:
I would bring the old format of the competition. What is this stupidity that a team placed fourth in a league gets to play with another league CHAMPION?
Liverpool proved themselves to be more champions than Skonto Riga, no? The old format sucked. I've seen the pain that was the 1990 final. I'll gouge out my eyes before seeing it again.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Point is people want to see big teams. Skonto Riga might be a champion, but who the hell cares? Liverpool is still better by a mile.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
Point is people want to see big teams. Skonto Riga might be a champion, but who the hell cares? Liverpool is still better by a mile.
Who cares? The champion play in the Champions League, it is not called the betters league.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Jeeks said:
:agree:

Exactly, Champions and second-placed teams should play ONLY.

That way some teams wouldn´t have to go through 2 or 3 qualifying phases.

Jeeks said:
Who cares? The champion play in the Champions League, it is not called the betters league.
Again correct, Jeeks.

UEFA guys should be thinking like this:

1. Champions and second placed teams should play in Champions League.

2. Other teams would play in EURO Cup, that way EURO Cup would be more interesting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
It's much less of a champions league if you only allow actual champions. People might think Riga stand a chance against Barcelona, but they'll lose 10 times out of 10. Instead of making it all more challenging it will have the exact opposite effect.

And Chelsea-Barcelona being played in September as a knockout-game? I wouldn't like that at all, I want to enjoy those two teams all season long. I can't be bothered with fucking Riga on my screen every 2 weeks.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
It's much less of a champions league if you only allow actual champions. People might think Riga stand a chance against Barcelona, but they'll lose 10 times out of 10. Instead of making it all more challenging it will have the exact opposite effect.

And Chelsea-Barcelona being played in September as a knockout-game? I wouldn't like that at all, I want to enjoy those two teams all season long. I can't be bothered with fucking Riga on my screen every 2 weeks.
That is your opinion but not Riga fans opinions. The new format simply kills the small teams. It is just like capitalism, makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
Jem83 said:
:dazed:

3 posts in 3 years

that has to be some kind of a record :pint:

Actually, i spent the last 2+ years roaming all over the place in several remote areas...look at it as a long injury lay-off. But i'm back and ready for action.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Seven said:

This thinking is alrigt in one hand, BUT you have to be aware that Football has to be about football, not money and spectators, and Champions League has to be about Champions, not Liverpool who was a champion 2005 and a year before he ended 4th in EPL.:disagree:

So what if Chelsea and Barcelona meet each other in knockout game?

That way we would see some heart-stopping games.

Imagine this quarter-final:

Juventus - Bayern
Chelsea - Barcelona
Real Madrid - Manchester
Milan - Lyon

4 fantastic games which would be more worth watching than the whole Group Stage.

Jeeks said:
That is your opinion but not Riga fans opinions. The new format simply kills the small teams. It is just like capitalism, makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.
I can´t stop ageeing with you, Jeeks.:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
mark83 said:
This thinking is alrigt in one hand, BUT you have to be aware that Football has to be about football, not money and spectators, and Champions League has to be about Champions, not Liverpool who was a champion 2005 and a year before he ended 4th in EPL.:disagree:

So what if Chelsea and Barcelona meet each other in knockout game?

That way we would see some heart-stopping games.

Imagine this quarter-final:

Juventus - Bayern
Chelsea - Barcelona
Real Madrid - Manchester
Milan - Lyon

4 fantastic games which would be more worth watching than the whole Group Stage.
Point is you NEVER get those quarter finals if you use a straight knock out system.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Seven said:
Point is you NEVER get those quarter finals if you use a straight knock out system.
Still it would be better for smaller teams and UEFA Cup could finally get a serious meaning.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
Which is even better, I'd rather see small teams making an impact rather than them sinking like the Titanic in a group that has Liverpool and Inter.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Platini also offered his thoughts on Juve's relegation to Serie B for match-fixing, and praised the players who stayed at the club.

He said: "Juve have been bad and they are paying for this, but I have a lot of admiration for the players who remained.

"I think that, in their situation, I would have stayed in Turin too.

"In two years Bianconeri will once again be at the top in Italy and in Europe."

source:skysports !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)