Platini hails coach Capello (2 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Former Juventus star Michel Platini has paid tribute to coach Fabio Capello for his contribution to the team's success.

Juve are top of Serie A and still involved in the UEFA Champions League, and Platini believes that Capello deserves as much credit as any of the side's star players.

"Capello has charisma and knows when to choose the best players and when to rest them," the French legend remarked.

"The strength of Juve is the squad, because all the players have helped win matches. From (David) Trezeguet to (Alessandro) Del Piero, from (Zlatan) Ibrahimovich to (Adrian) Mutu, from (Pavel) Nedved to (Patrick) Vieira.

"They are a physically strong team, but with a lot of talent. Their strength is in the club and in the coach."

The 0-0 draw with Milan last Sunday kept the Bianconeri 10 points ahead of their nearest rivals, and Platini is confident that they will not be caught.

"I've never been so excited by a 0-0 draw, but due to the fact that this left Juve with a 10-point advantage, it was a good result. Knowing Juve's spirit, I would say the job is as good as done," he claimed.

Platini did offer the Italian club a word of warning ahead of their Champions League quarter final against Arsenal, though.

"Everyone thinks that this match could be easier than one against Lyon or Barcelona, but Arsenal can give Juve a lot of problems," he cautioned.

"And then The Gunners have a certain Thierry Henry, who saw off Real Madrid with his goal at the Bernabeu."

-Sky Sports

Buy on AliExpress.com

AleDP10

Mar 16, 2006
Platini's a big bag full of shit. Last year he was telling La Gazzetta Del Piero was and always had been a mediocre player. This year he's telling La Gazzetta how Del Piero's talent was always going to save Juventus this season. Not to mention he's a Fifa marionet.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
AleDP10 said:
Platini's a big bag full of shit. Last year he was telling La Gazzetta Del Piero was and always had been a mediocre player. This year he's telling La Gazzetta how Del Piero's talent was always going to save Juventus this season. Not to mention he's a Fifa marionet.
agreed, i remember that, he was saying "del piero used to have some qualities", he's jelous, he hates other people getting attention, he wants to be remembered as juve's best numer 10, but its ale

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Il Re said:
agreed, i remember that, he was saying "del piero used to have some qualities", he's jelous, he hates other people getting attention, he wants to be remembered as juve's best numer 10, but its ale
He is very jelous.

Platini told Ronaldo last week that he is a fat guy and ronaldo got furious so he answered that he is only jelous. :lol:

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
poisonwoody said:
well chapello should get credit for what he achieved with the team...no doubt...but nothing compare s to lippi

Yes, Capello did really grat things with the team and has a lot of success but Lippi will forever be the number one for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)