Pietro Pellegri - ST - Genoa (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I’m happy we are looking to get Italian youngsters for the future.
yep, time to renationalize the squad, too many foreigners replacing domestic players las couple of seasons

- - - Updated - - -

and yes, we arent giving up on Kean yet, we are doing our usual stuff. at one pouint we had Zaza, Immobile, Gabbiadini, Berardi, Boakye, and were still after guys like Cerri. then a year ago we wanted Lapadula and Caprari from Serie B, ended up with only Simone Ganz. we jump on every opportunity to sign a talented player within the league, especially if hes italian as well

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It wouldn't be January without a signing from Genoa.

Not convinced by Pellegri yet but Marotta and Paratici have proven that they can spot good young players. The difference this time is the cost involved.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I wonder if we actually intend to use him in the first team squad. That is like our entire january budget, seems odd to spend it all someone who wont reinforce current team

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Arguably the best Italian prospect since Verratti. As a striker he could have an even bigger career and reputation. Good foresight by the club again.

I like what I see of him. He's not some 6'3" target man, the kid can move and play. He's not Morata fast but he's stronger and his game reflects that.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Arguably the best Italian prospect since Verratti. As a striker he could have an even bigger career and reputation. Good foresight by the club again.

I like what I see of him. He's not some 6'3" target man, the kid can move and play. He's not Morata fast but he's stronger and his game reflects that.
He pulled an awesome Morata dive against us when Asamoah brushed against him. :scared:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Monaco-Juve bidding war for Pellegri
By Football Italia staff

Monaco are fighting Juventus in a bidding war for 16-year-old Genoa sensation Pietro Pellegri.

The centre-forward was born in March 2001, yet already has three goals in eight Serie A appearances under his belt.

Juve met with Genoa and his representatives today to discuss a potential transfer for next summer.

It’s reported they proposed a deal worth €10m plus another €20m in possible bonuses for Pellegri.

However, now Sky Sport Italia transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio claims that Monaco have offered €20m plus another €10m in various bonuses.

The difference is that Monaco would bring Pellegri in immediately and promise more playing time, as the Ligue 1 champions have a history of focusing on very young talents.

Juventus could also be talked into taking Pellegri to Turin straight away, but he'd expect a lot of time on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We'd leave him at Genoa for another year or so, I feel like they would probably prefer that.
Unless Monaco really will give him first team ball. No brainer for a kid like that.

:edit: You mean Genoa are more likely to deal with us than Monaco because we would let him stay there another year?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Staying at Genoa probably makes sense for him though so he can play regularly.

Unfortunately if he goes straight to Monaco he will probably make more money, at least in the short term. hopefully he is smart enough to know you dont say no to Juventus

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Unless Monaco really will give him first team ball. No brainer for a kid like that.

:edit: You mean Genoa are more likely to deal with us than Monaco because we would let him stay there another year?
Yep, I'm looking at things from Genoa's side

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    get his ass here now, go to Primavera and you get yourself a HG playa in 3 years modafuka.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)