Pie (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
i would like to throw a party as i am extremely bored!but then i'll be the "school's nerd" if my classmates knew about it!:wallbang: so no,thanks! i'll wait for Valentine's Day :D
but valentines is before Pi day:confused:??

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Dammit. My birthday is on Pi Day. I hate it when people use that as an excuse to give you just one set of gifts -- instead of getting you presents for both your birthday and Pi Day. :mad:

what are you supposed to get for pi day ?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
It would be really great, because me and my friends are constantly looking for an excuse to get drunk :D

And I don't think any of my friends have ever celebrated the Pi Day!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
It would be really great, because me and my friends are constantly looking for an excuse to get drunk :D

And I don't think any of my friends have ever celebrated the Pi Day!
For once you would be doing it for a noble cause :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
True story. About 10 years ago when I was working at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) -- a high-energy research lab that looks into the subatomic structure of matter -- a coworker realized that an office phone number of the first decimal digits of pi was not in use and available as an extension within the SLAC telephone exchange (415.926.5xxx): +1.415.926.5358 (i.e., drop the initial "3"...).

Why not one single physicist or mathematician there ever recognized that or thought of asking for it was actually kind of dumbfounding. It turned out that it was the only place in all the world that it was possible.

But a couple years later the local telephone exchange split up the 415 area code (to accommodate more mobile phones, etc.) so that San Francisco retained the "415" area code and the peninsula, where SLAC is, got "650" instead. That pretty much put an end to that.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I dont really think that memroizing 50 is too much...i bet anybody over here could get on that list...but is there someone geeky enough?? anybody wanna take the challenge??

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
My God!

David Fiore is a hero!

I wonder how many pages of text 10,000 digits would be

I wouldn't be able to remember anything beyond 3.14

Hell, I had a hard time memorizing my new phone number!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)