Pick up your arms, neutrality is impossible! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
We're still eight months away from kick-off on Euro2004 but the world's fiercest rivalry has already erupted. Let me take you to the strange world of superficial hatred mixed with a strange sense of mutual respect as Amsterdam and Berlin go head-to-head:

• 10 September 2003 - Holland loses against the Czechs and are doomed to play-off matches. German TV presenter states that "it's a real shame we don't get to kick their arses in Portugal."
  • 28 September 2003 - Dutch sports commentator refers to Franz Beckenbauer as Hans Bunkerbuilder. Germans evoke in fury.
  • 11 October 2003 - Germany beat Iceland and directly qualify for Euro2004. German fans put up a huge banner at the main border-crossing saying "Greetings from Portugal, suckers!"
  • 12 October 2003 - Dutch fans travel to Munich and put up banner in front of Oliver Kahn's house, showing a photo with his crucial mistake against the Brazilians in the WC2002 final.
  • 13 October 2003 - Draw shows Holland vs Scotland. Scotland's German coach argues he can eliminate the Dutch for Germany.
  • 20 October 2003 - German singer launches cd-single titled Bertie hau sie weg (Bertie, keep them away). The song is an ode to Scotland's German coach Bertie Vogts, asking him to eliminate the Dutch: Ohne Holland werden wir EM (Without Holland we'll be European Champions)
  • 21 October 2003 - Dutch radio dj phones Olivier Neuville. He fakes the voice of Rudi Völler and explains to Neuville that he won't be part of the Euro2004 squad. Confusion in the entire German Federation is the result.
  • 24 October 2003 (TODAY) - Rumours have it that a comedic Dutch talkshow has invited Rudi Völler and that Frank Rijkaard will feature on the same show, without the knowledge of the former.

The ball is rolling. God help us if Holland were to meet Germany in the Euro2004 final! :scared::D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i hope Holland would get to Euro 2004. the 2002WC didn't feel like a WC without them.

Anyway, if Holland meet Germany in Euro 2004, you shouldn't be scared Erik (it's not like you're Saudi Arabia and your gonna get your ass kicked 8-0 ;) ). Holland could be a hell of a lot better than Germnay.

Germany's potential isn't as high as Holland's, but you the damn dutch team has been slacking for a couple of years now despite their start-studed lineup....

tell your NT to get their $hit together! ;)

:D

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    Majed, I've been telling them to get their $hit together for years :D

They need no motivation against the Germans though. Our coach Advocaat once said: "I always have to hold a motivating talk before a match except this time (last year's exhibition match agains the Germans which Holland won 1-3). All I had to do was say "Guys, we're facing Germany soon" and foam appeared around their mouths!"

++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Very interesting run of events :D
    Every major tournament that features the both of us, this happens. Every single time :cool:

Holland-Germany for Euro2004 final wouldn't be a terrible match afterall :)
    Only if we win ;)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    I was never aware of such bitter rivalry. Why is that? Anyone care to explain where this all started?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    Majed, I've been telling them to get their $hit together for years :D

They need no motivation against the Germans though. Our coach Advocaat once said: "I always have to hold a motivating talk before a match except this time (last year's exhibition match agains the Germans which Holland won 1-3). All I had to do was say "Guys, we're facing Germany soon" and foam appeared around their mouths!"

:LOL:

i could just picture Davids, Stam, and Zenden like raging bulls!! :LOL:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    GOAT - you do that. After all, we need a second party in order to HAVE a rivalry at all ;)

++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    I was never aware of such bitter rivalry. Why is that? Anyone care to explain where this all started?
    It started in 1940 with the German invasion (and 5 year occupation) of Holland. Then of course in 1974 the Germans beat the Dutch in the World Cup final (due to refereeing errors and a couple of strange events).

Nowadays (due to several things in the past) the Dutch see the Germans as rude, bossy, arrogant, barbaric people who completely destroyed everything that is nice and good about football. The Germans on their part see the Dutch as a tiny nation with a far too big mouth, an arrogant attitude and a lack of respect for others. A people without moral who smoke marihuana all day long.

Nevertheless, there is a sense of respect from both sides. The Dutch (at some level though they'll never admit it) respect the German attitude in the aspect that they never give up and the Germans deeply admire the Dutch for having created a social and free society in a country they claimed from the sea.

It's your genuine love-hate relationship with a political, sportive and social background that lay at the foundations of the rivalry, making it one of the fiercests (if not THE fiercest) on earth.

Jul 19, 2003
    I hope Holland makes it and I'm very optimistic that they will.

Germany has got to be playing the worst football I've ever seen........worse than Egypt, if you ask me. And to see them get to the WC final last year was really disappointing. Actually, I only supported them in that game because I hate Brazil much more. But my favorite NT after Egypt is Holland and they should have no trouble beating the crap out of those Germans. :fero:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Oh the germans, somehow, somewhere a little bug crawled inside their heads and made them believe that they are the best in the wonderful world of football. They seem to believe that making it to the final in 2002 was some kind of big accomplishment. Jeez, Uzbekistan could have been in that final, with the referees going insane like that... Korea was placed 4th for f*cks sake. Not to mention Senegal's exploits in Korea/Japan.

All this hype might get some Dutch folks nervous... but they really have nothing to worry about. Should they meet Germany at some point in the tournament, then further progress is guaranteed. The germans no longer have lady luck on their side - which means they're doomed.

Oh, and Berti/Scotland to eliminate Holland??? Get real people. Berti would need Moreno as the ref, and two of his clones on the sidelines.

I wouldn't be surprised if Germany placed 4th in their group, while Holland takes home the trophy.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    GOAT - you do that. After all, we need a second party in order to HAVE a rivalry at all ;)

It started in 1940 with the German invasion (and 5 year occupation) of Holland. Then of course in 1974 the Germans beat the Dutch in the World Cup final (due to refereeing errors and a couple of strange events).

Nowadays (due to several things in the past) the Dutch see the Germans as rude, bossy, arrogant, barbaric people who completely destroyed everything that is nice and good about football. The Germans on their part see the Dutch as a tiny nation with a far too big mouth, an arrogant attitude and a lack of respect for others. A people without moral who smoke marihuana all day long.

Nevertheless, there is a sense of respect from both sides. The Dutch (at some level though they'll never admit it) respect the German attitude in the aspect that they never give up and the Germans deeply admire the Dutch for having created a social and free society in a country they claimed from the sea.

It's your genuine love-hate relationship with a political, sportive and social background that lay at the foundations of the rivalry, making it one of the fiercests (if not THE fiercest) on earth.
    Thanks Matto! But why is it that in the few hours I spent in Amsterdam, depite trying to search for people smoking marijuana all over the city, I wasn't able to see any? But I did see the red ligh district behind the church somewhere.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Holland is better than Germany,but you know the Germans always get lucky in big tournaments so i think Germany will beat Holland if the match occures in Euro 2004.

dont get me wrong Matto cause i hate germans.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #15
    Hey, no. I'm already impressed that you dare to make a prediction. Holland-Germany games have a tendency of being completely unpredictible in every aspect! ;)

++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Thanks Matto! But why is it that in the few hours I spent in Amsterdam, depite trying to search for people smoking marijuana all over the city, I wasn't able to see any? But I did see the red ligh district behind the church somewhere.
    Because that's just a prejudice. Really only very few people smoke Marihuana and if they do, then it's at parties or in coffeeshops. Hardly ever on the streets.

You were in Amsterdam? You liked it?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #17
    True. But you can't smoke it everywhere. I mean, where smoking normal cigarettes is forbidden, of course so is the smoking of marihuana.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I have always admired the Dutch. Who would'nt? The country that produced Gullit, Rijkard, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Davids, Seerdorf - Need I go on?
    I don't like German football so it's quite simple ...
    Go Netherlands :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)