Photography? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anyone taking any pics around here? I got a digital camera a few weeks ago and I finally got around to getting some online. Had to cut down on the image size from the original 2000*1500 to save some space on the server. Pics aren't great but hopefully there will be some improvement with time. :)

Some pics from Trondheim is all that's available at the moment...

http://www.stud.aitel.hist.no/~marcinlm/photography.php

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    The Nikon Coolpix 995. Here's the 26 page review that convinced me it's good stuff if you want to have a look: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp995/

The pics were taken at 2000*1500 jpg fine quality, that's about 1mb a piece (they're only about 40-80kb now). To save space I compressed them to not so great quality and 600 pixel max resolution to so they actually look much better.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Nice pics .... But then again I wouldn't expect worse considering the price of that camera. Now we can be assured of pix from all the exotic places you visit. :thumb:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    :LOL: @ [DJ Juve] you certainly have a way with words .... Martin with that kind of camera you better get up and running ... :D That should be good enough an excuse!

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
    Those are cool pics Martin.

This is very wierd as I also bought a digital camera recently but not as good as Martin, yes I got the cheaper Nikon Coolpix 775. I haven't really had time to experiment with it properly but in time I am sure I'll be able to put some pics of the Isle of Man.

BTW Martin which software have you got for your comp.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    Wow, that is a coincidence. :eek: Actually I was checking out the Coolpix 885 at first but then it turned out the 995 was about the same price.

Can't wait to see your pics, Jack ;)

I only got the stuff that came with it, Nikon View 4 or something.

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
    I got the Nikon View 4 too but am thinking of getting some better software as most reviews say that View 4 is not that good. Although as I said before I will wait until I have a bit more time to really experiment with it.

As for being into photography, I amn't really as I just bought the digicam as a replacement for my old APS which was dropped on the floor by a daughter who shall remain nameless. However I may go on a short night course if I really like experimenting with my latest purchase.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #17
    Jack, do you mean photo retouching kind of software? In that case, Photoshop is your best and most expensive option, it's the industry standard in fact. But it would all depend on what your needs are and how far you intend to go with it.

For myself I'm only taking the pictures so far, that's it. So I don't really need anything more.

Sarah, I believe $900 is just about the standard sales price for the camera. A friend of mine found it at just under $700 and we got one each.. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)