Photography (18 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
thanks, man. i'm subbed to this channel and freaking youtube algorithm still didn't manage to put it on the front page. :disagree: looks like a decent alternative to the fuji lenses, although i'd still prefer the xc 35mm f2.0 for price+af speed, and the xf 35mm f2.0 for af+weather sealing. i wonder how the full reviews would rate it. do you plan to buy it?
Viltrox seem to always get good reviews. The 85mm is great too apparently.

Nah, I'll stick with the Canon 50 1.8 on the Viltrox Speedbooster instead.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #145
    Do you have experience with external SSD's which survive some dust and rain? @s4tch

Looking for something to bring on vacation.

Leaning towards those:
    https://www.adata.com/en/feature/441#
    a buddy brought a sandisk extreme ssd, that's tiny af and it has some ip rating too. but this adata looks more rugged and that usb 3.2 is probably faster in real life situations than the 3.1 of the sandisk (if your computer supports that speed). can't go wrong with either i guess :boh:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Yeah, figured. SanDisk was on my radar too. Never had a problem with their SD Cards. However, i do like the look of the Adata better and features are roughly the same. Speed is only secondary for me, i'll backup my files once per day when i'm out and about, i just want them safe and secured.

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #149
    your b&w edits are still perfect. :tup:

do you have any experience with this flash?
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B00UHJ6JH2/
    i know that you have a prime from this brand, and it gets great reviews compared to his price. i like the zoom range, and it would come handy. my brother recently started to work as a real estate agent (normally he's a private entrepreneur in tourism, all his bookings were cancelled 2 months ago...), so i gave him my old nikon, bought him a sigma 10-20 hsm from ebay, but he still needs a flash for some internal pics. most flashes' zoom ranges start around 24mm without adapter, this one is a bit wider. i thought about a used sb 600 which worked for me perfectly, but i couldn't find one locally, and ebay is always some hit and miss, so i can't count on winning one in the coming days... do you have any suggestions for a quick stop-gap solution flash?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    No experience with the model above, BUT I've been using like 4 of their cheapest ones, TT560 iirc, together with that wireless trigger for years, across different brands, even on fuji until a few weeks ago or so, when i got myself a Godox. They work flawless and can handle quite some abuse. An easy yes from me.

Experiences may differ - but personally i've never bought a bad product from Neewer. They clearly the value for money champions as far as i'm concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

For those interested, those above are
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walhalla_(memorial)
    And
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Befreiungshalle

Last edited:
    OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #154
    Cool moment captured and your black and white edits are still perfect :mute:

Kit or the ol Pentacon?
    thanks! it's the chunky pentacon. imagine these guys swimming back and forth, focus was hard to nail. i shot ~30 images, 3-4 ended up being usable, but i like these. here's an other one, heavily cropped, slightly sharpened. i'm not a fan of pentacon colors (that's why i mostly edit these b&w), but the detail for an old lens not made for these 20-something mp sensors (or anything digital for that matter) is beyond expectations:

_DSF3115.jpg

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Figured it was like that :lol:

Doesn't matter though as long as you get a few keepers, and you can be even more proud of them knowing you've done all the work yourself.

Glad that your arms didn't fall off.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Because it is de-clicked?

Not a fan, but gotten used to it using the likes of 7 Artisans, Meike and now the cheapo Neewer.

The important thing for me here is that it actually has an aperture ring.

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #158
    Because it is de-clicked?

Not a fan, but gotten used to it using the likes of 7 Artisans, Meike and now the cheapo Neewer.

The important thing for me here is that it actually has an aperture ring.
    de-clicked is not an issue, but check the vid around 2:20: it's a discrete setting after all, the aperture blades move in well defined steps, despite the ring's continuous movement. the ring also looks to be very sensitive, i bet it's not hard to move accidentally. optical quality is impressive though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)