"Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!!' (1 Viewer)

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    there is no surpassing old school simpsons
    The simpsons from the first 8 or 9 season, I would agree. However, it has gone on a severe downward slope ever since then.

Right now, its all about the Peanut Butter Jelly Time

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    I also have a bias, since it is based in my home state of Rhode Island

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Family Guy.

Greatest. Show. Ever.

Discuss
    Some funny jokes of absolute randomness strung along by the flimsiest and weakest of plotlines. The writers seem to fight against the constraints of a linear storytelling model for 30 minutes and, IMO, would do better to write stories more as independent vignettes, comic strip style. It would probably work better as YouTube shorts of about 5-6 minutes apiece better than it does as a TV show.

As such, I think it's good in concepts and has great moments. But as a linear 30 minutes of television, it's a Frankenstein patchwork of unrelated skits and gags that fails a bit in that format. There's almost zero cohesion between one scene and another one 10 minutes later.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    That was ridicolously on point swag, exactly defined the very thing stops Family Guy from being really good (who am I kidding, I occasionally just watch it for Stewie anyway).

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Some funny jokes of absolute randomness strung along by the flimsiest and weakest of plotlines. The writers seem to fight against the constraints of a linear storytelling model for 30 minutes and, IMO, would do better to write stories more as independent vignettes, comic strip style. It would probably work better as YouTube shorts of about 5-6 minutes apiece better than it does as a TV show.

As such, I think it's good in concepts and has great moments. But as a linear 30 minutes of television, it's a Frankenstein patchwork of unrelated skits and gags that fails a bit in that format. There's almost zero cohesion between one scene and another one 10 minutes later.

Its Official.

I hate you from this very moment, going forward

Boksic

May 11, 2005

eric cartman disagree
    :lol:

Thats the episode of South Park which ruined Family Guy for me.

The first 2 or 3 series of Family Guy were great but I really think they aren't what they used to be, the stories have become weaker and the flashbacks lazier.

It still has the odd great moment but the links to its flashbacks are completely ruined after that episode.

IMO South Park is a far better programme (even after 13 seasons).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)