Peaky Blinders (1 Viewer)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
So the Italian dude wanted to kill everyone before he hit Tommy, yet he makes a deal with Polly to just kill Tommy. Couldn't he just have killed Tommy in the factory and be done with it? Him making a deal with Polly after being ambushed by Little Finger would've made more sense.
Tom Hardy though :tuttosport:

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Tom Hardy is such a beast :D

All the main cast do a marvellous job tbh, but that guy and Arthur...

This exchange was amusing :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
icemaη;5665316 said:
So the Italian dude wanted to kill everyone before he hit Tommy, yet he makes a deal with Polly to just kill Tommy. Couldn't he just have killed Tommy in the factory and be done with it? Him making a deal with Polly after being ambushed by Little Finger would've made more sense.
Tom Hardy though :tuttosport:
Meh, the plot is full of holes tbh, but it is essentially a drama.
In real life is a Brummie gang going to break down a cell of the Sicilian Mafia? Not really.

Even the depiction of the Peaky Blinders in essence is incorrect, other than them being a real gang (about 30 years before when the show is set). And they also weren't yam yams.

It's one of those shows you enjoy for the drama, the acting, the environment and soundtrack, not really a thinker outside the character introspection.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Sure, S3 was weaker than the previous ones but it never felt bad enough to stop watching like I did with House of Cards, Homeland or TWD etc
It wasn't that bad, still a bit poor compared to the first two. Stranger Things season 2 got out around that time, that was a good time for a break.

Finished watching season 3, now I'm in mid season 4.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I've only watched the first episode of season 4, but I'm reading from the comments that it has failed to reproduce the quality of the first 2 seasons.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Finished in like a week. Good shit, just wish it was someone else playing Tommy Shelby. Cillian Murphy is creepy.

Fuck, imagine Tom Hardy in the lead role instead :tuttosport:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Elaborate? Cause he's a gypsy?
They're all gypsies but unlike other family members Tommy is smart, cold (war changed him in that regard) and scheming (4D chess not retarded woman-scheming like Polly). Also he induces respect and even discomfort to his own family, all attitudes precisely conveyed by Cillian's refined facial features. It culminated when he got the family arrested as part of a deal and didn't warn them. And Tom Hardy got this brick face tough guy action hero vibe going on. His Alfie was unpredictable in a crazy, moody, emotional way which is not quite Tommy. If you want to replace Cillian then Adrien Brody would probably work better than Tom Hardy but Adrian had too much fun playing the mafioso

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I thought Adrian brody was terrible, he tried hard to do a Godfather imitation instead of doing a normal act. Even the other and real italian actors weren't stereotyped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)