[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 2-1 Real Madrid, July 31st 2009 (13 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
i thought canna was pretty good :confused:

may i say marrone had a good game from what i saw of him, his tackle on drenthe was class.
:agree: and the kick to the face, very Tekken-esque :juventus:

and before I forget a big thank you to the commentator, I just learned 76 new pronounciations for the word "Grygera"

Mar 28, 2007
Bianconeri again protagonists against Real

Juventus continues to feel at ease against Real Madrid Galactico. The first half of the semi-final of the Peace Cup ended in a 1-1 draw, but Ferrara’s team showed the best football.
The opener was scored on the 4th minute by Cannavaro who headed home with the meringues equalizing on the 41st match thanks to a penalty scored by Cristiano Ronaldo after a foul in the area by Chiellini on Raul.
Before however, Juventus went twice close to scoring a second with Amauri while Buffon was decisive on Guti.

If the match were to finish in a draw it would go to extra time and eventually a penalty shoot-out to decide who of the two teams will play in the final against Aston Villa on Sunday. The English team beat Porto 2-1 in the first of the two semi-finals

Juventus.com

i just love the word in bold. :D

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Some player ratings:

Buffon 7: Apart from his flap at the end, where he recovered well, he was flawless. Terrific save from the Guti free-kick that surprised everyone by sneaking through.

Grygera 5: Not a good performance, too inconsistent. I kno its getting a mixed reaction here, but his tackle on Ronaldo was distasteful. Juve are a classy team and we do not need behaviour like that.

Chiellini 6.5: Good game again he was pretty solid, but it was a reckless and naive tackle on Raul. He needs to control himself.

Canna 7: I enjoyed his performance. Great goal, made some good tackles, and didn't give Ronaldo or Raul any joy.

Sali 7: A good, solid performance capped with a goal. Though Ronaldo bested him a couple of times.

Legro 6.5: Had a solid half and our defense looked strong with his presence.

Camo 7.5: Had amazing touches and great vision throughout the game. He needs to control his temper. Should have scored his free header, despite it leading to a goal.

Melo 6: Gave away the ball, OR played a great pass. Bizarre. He made some good challenges and has an awesome long ball, but needs to do the basics better.

Zanetti 6: Looked comfortable when he came on and broke up the play well. Couldn't get his long ball passing just right, but he is such a useful player for us.

Gio 5.5: Was nowhere in the first half, played decent in the second with a real nice touch to set-up Camo's header to show what he can do. This was a good opportunity for him and while he has amazing potential, he needs to grab the game and get involved more.

Tiago 6: Missed a few passes but was generally solid and made some good challenges too. Very unlucky with hitting the post his shot had great technique.

Del Piero 7: Was not really involved in the game, but again his delivery was expert. I see this maybe being his role this season, with his legs going with age, Alex's main use may well be the set-pieces. Which is very useful as proven today. Pwnd Raul in a head to head once again!

Amauri 5.5: Ran himself into the ground and had some nice touches, specially when he pegged Pepe. But apart from that, Pepe marshalled him quite well and kept Amauri quiet

Marrone N/A: Looked like a good defensive midfielder when he came on with some good tackles, lucky not to get sent off for booting Granero in the face.

IQ N/A: Made no impact.

Overall i thought we worthy of the 3 points, beating Real is always good, but this is just a friendly so there's a lot to build on. I think our real test is Villa. A tough team to beat for anyone, with pace and power in their team, with the money at stake for winning this tournament (3 mill euros??) we would do well to beat them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)