[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 0-0 (3-4) Aston Villa, August 2nd 2009 (5 Viewers)

Durden

May 11, 2006
Win or lose doesnt matter really, even if winning it would cap off a nice tourno, but the manner in we lost really does, that was really stupid pks, Ale should know better. And Trez and Yaki just sucked balls all game long, not only late subs, but subbing out the two creators for 2 more strikers, in a weird 4-2-4 didnt really make sense, I hope Ciro experiment told him that atleast.
I think Ciro just want to get all the players fit in time for the real kick off, so I dont think you should put that much into it. All the players have to get playing time to get in shape.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
this is how i feel right know
we made a good choice when we bought melo he is very confident and have so much class and he is deceiptevly quick
giovinco need to go and lock himself in the gym to bulk up i didn't like the fact that he 'd go behind the defenders waitiing for long balls when he should make himself available in the middle and try to create for the forwards
very happy with zebina and zanetti
and for delpeirp pk just stupid he should 've won this game

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
without Diego we look lost and he's only played 1 game for us
It wasn't Diego. The players were exhausted you could tell that. Additionally, we played 3 matches prior to this one and Diego has only played 60 min of those 3 matches.

But our midfield consisted of Camo, Marchisio, Melo, Giovinco. Now on paper it looks good but in fact, only one of them who can actually create for others.

Melo and Marchisio can't.

Giovinco is yet to prove himself as a play maker. He can create for himself but he is yet to learn how to distribute the ball around.

So it was upto Camoranesi to do all the work. Maoro was pretty tired. So no big shows, and when he did do something our forwards were totally off the game so we did not score.

Now if Del Piero, Tiago, Diego or even Zanetti had started the game things would have been different. In addition to Camoranesi those 4 are the ones who know who to pass the ball around to open spaces in the opponent backline.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Realmadridtv are showing Real v Juve in the 98 CL final instead of highlights of Peace Cup final that they had scheduled to show :sergio: them bastards done that on badness because they would of known some Juve fans like me were hoping to watch it.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I think Ciro just want to get all the players fit in time for the real kick off, so I dont think you should put that much into it. All the players have to get playing time to get in shape.
Yup, Ciro is not to blame. He proved his point by defeating Real Madrid.

Mar 10, 2009
fuck me what did i tell you guys ? we can't beat these bastards were jinxed.

any epl team will beat juve, and thats why serie a isnt rated in england

Jul 26, 2007
We had about 16 shots while they had 6, we were unlucky not to score, or rather that David and Iaquinta refused to score. In the end we lost on penalties. So not much to complain about except ofcourse DT & VI but they are clearly just out of form. Just think that if Alex had scored that penalty, it would never even enter our minds to complain about Ciro's subs. Only hope this wont damage the morale which has supposedly up until now been great.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Realmadridtv are showing Real v Juve in the 98 CL final instead of highlights of Peace Cup final that they had scheduled to show :sergio: them bastards done that on badness because they would of known some Juve fans like me were hoping to watch it.
well its realmadrid tv, their not supposed to show other team games. It would be same if you watch juve channel and watch a final/or any other game, where juventus doesnt play (id be pissed, and so would you). Whats the point. (and yes i know rm tv had the final in the schedule, but thats because those pussies took it for granted. :D )

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Melo and Marchisio can't.

Giovinco is yet to prove himself as a play maker. He can create for himself but he is yet to learn how to distribute the ball around.
i think you are wrong mate.

the only midfielder who plays right now for juve and can't contribute to the attacking part is poulsen.

for tiago, camo, gio and diego is pretty clear that they can create and do well.

marchisio is a pure mc. he can pass he has creativity and he can shoot well. zanetti is a dm in paper but can create and ofen tries killer balls.

melo is not a dm. he is more of a strong mc that can defend as well. the guy was very nice passing skills and he holds the ball awesome. why do you rate him as a dm that can't produce game??

momo may not be able to create and pass well but he pushes the team forward many times.

we have a very creating and offensive midfield. the fact that they can also defend does not mean that they can't attack...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I know it's only a friendly but I'm sick of us rarely beating EPL teams. It's getting beyond a joke now, what I'd give to see you Juve spank some EPL team (Liverpool or Man U in particular) in the UCL.

The last spanking a Serie A team gave to an EPL team was Roma's 3-1 against Chelsea and Milan's 3-0 against Man U.

Onto the game, we dominated, had the majority of the chances but our strikers (namely Iaquinta and Trez) conspired to fuck up every chance. We lost on penalties (no surprise there) oh well, it was a good tournament and a good solid hit-out for the long season coming up.

Jul 26, 2007
Now thats what i call bitterness. And the funny thing about that is they have to backtrack 11 years to find a game were they actually managed to beat us.:lol: Juve channel could do a marathon of games won against Real Madrid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)