Pavel Nedved (10 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What did he create? Any proof of this?

Everyone seems so certain it's Nedved calling the shots at the club. Which I personally don't think to be true. At best he's probably an advisor or just a face among the management for the fans to look up to.
What does he do? Can you educate us?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
absolutely adore him. However, there appears to be a clear divide in the hierarchy and he always seems to be amongst it. No surprise given his fiery personality.
Although we have no clue what his role entails, he needs to move on for that reason. He won’t though, unless Agnelli does.
Maybe he has the right ideas, but the sarri fiasco and sticking with Paratici definitely didn't paint him in good light. Also, he's too emotional at times for a important role. He needs to chill

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
No as I said it's all just speculation but the haters seem to know everything. I prefer to give a legend of the club the benefit of doubt unless proven guilty.

Even if he was instrumental in the sacking of Allegri he wasn't wrong.
Criticizing someone means you are a hater?

Lol that’s typical soyboy logic man

He’s as much to blame for the current state of the club as anyone else in management. There is no benefit of the doubt in the real world. It’s results oriented. Binary at times. And as of late he’s earned criticism.

But that makes me a hater lol

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
What did he create? Any proof of this?

Everyone seems so certain it's Nedved calling the shots at the club. Which I personally don't think to be true. At best he's probably an advisor or just a face among the management for the fans to look up to.
Are you honestly suggesting the vice-president of Juventus has no say whatsoever in decision-making and putting this squad together?

Nedved, Paratici and Agnelli f'ed it up. They wildly wildly mismanaged this club from 9 titles in a row to trophyless within 3 years.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I’ll gladly take the lead here

He’s one of the several problems with this club. I criticize Agnelli, Paratici, Nedved (even Beppe when he was here) all equally because they also share the success of the club equally.

Just bc he’s a club legend or has passion or whatever qualitative trait folks want to append doesn’t make anyone (legend or not) immune from being criticized for the mess we are in. Management picks the coaches, the staff, the players, they set the objectives and priorities, they also handle cheque book.

I’m happy to lead this cult if that’s what you want to label it as with my “agenda” at the front.
Where did I say he's not immune to criticism?

But constantly nitpicking his job 'role' like as if we know the ins and outs of the club seems speculative at best.

I can just as easily speculate that Agnelli dint have a specific role or decision making all these years and his arse was carried by Marotta and Conte/Allegri. Doesn't mean it's a fact.

All I know is Nedved has been part of the club for more than a decade that has seen good and bad times. For someone who's been here for so long, it is only natural to assume he's been part of the decision making process over the years and that includes the trash decisions that have been made over the past few years.

I am not specifically pointing at you but you can just look at some of the folks who come here and spew hatred like as if all the failures are down to him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:agree:

This is what I’ve been saying

3 years, 3 coaches, new players, etc. but it all starts at the top. And right now Agnelli and co. need to call it. Elkann needs to come in and hit the reset button.

In 5 years and beyond we won’t look back at this period as a bad time. In macro what Agnelli and Nedved etc accomplished was great. But right now it’s very bad and needs change.

- - - Updated - - -

this

- - - Updated - - -

Besides loving him for his playing days what has he done in his management role?

While you’re at it, what are his responsibilities for that role?
I guess I see him as an almost symbolic role, probably a sort of link between the management and the pitch. If what is to be believed is true, he really wanted Conte back and didn't really want Max. I'm not sure what sort of influence he actually has but I don't think Nedved should shoulder much of the blame, if anyone it's probably Andrea that has caused this confusion at the top. While I'm sure he has some influence, I think the main architects for our recent issues are two people. Paratici and Andrea.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Criticizing someone means you are a hater?

Lol that’s typical soyboy logic man

He’s as much to blame for the current state of the club as anyone else in management. There is no benefit of the doubt in the real world. It’s results oriented. Binary at times. And as of late he’s earned criticism.

But that makes me a hater lol
I think blaming the management which he is part of therefore guilty too is totally fine. But people singling the guy out when no one has no freaking idea how much of an effect he’s really had in all of this is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite the opposite imo. Since no one knows what he does (despite me asking for over a year now) it’s ripe for speculation.
Thats fair :jack:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I guess I see him as an almost symbolic role, probably a sort of link between the management and the pitch. If what is to be believed is true, he really wanted Conte back and didn't really want Max. I'm not sure what sort of influence he actually has but I don't think Nedved should shoulder much of the blame, if anyone it's probably Andrea that has caused this confusion at the top.
And Agnelli is getting criticism as well.

It’s really hard to grasp why so many here are unable to accept that Nedved is culpable alongside Agnelli (more than nedved), and other former and current members of management team.

But let’s blame max, Sarri and pirlo for the state of the club

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say he's not immune to criticism?

But constantly nitpicking his job 'role' like as if we know the ins and outs of the club seems speculative at best.

I can just as easily speculate that Agnelli dint have a specific role or decision making all these years and his arse was carried by Marotta and Conte/Allegri. Doesn't mean it's a fact.

All I know is Nedved has been part of the club for more than a decade that has seen good and bad times. For someone who's been here for so long, it is only natural to assume he's been part of the decision making process over the years and that includes the trash decisions that have been made over the past few years.

I am not specifically pointing at you but you can just look at some of the folks who come here and spew hatred like as if all the failures are down to him.
I can’t speak for the other posters and content.

But I’ve been openly critical of all management. It’s foolish and naive to believe he isn’t culpable.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
And Agnelli is getting criticism as well.

It’s really hard to grasp why so many here are unable to accept that Nedved is culpable alongside Agnelli (more than nedved), and other former and current members of management team.

But let’s blame max, Sarri and pirlo for the state of the club
Everyone that has a leadership role has to shoulder some of the blame I agree, i just think the burden of blame is far greater for those two in particular. In saying that Paratici's downfall is also down to Andrea's actions with the whole Marotta situation.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
They allegedly wanted Pep but settled for a bootleg version of Pep instead because we couldn't afford him
I think city made the bald cunt have a change of heart we weren't completely shooting in the dark he was considering leaving the prem I recall even klopp asked him to stay in one of his post match interviews around the end of season at that time.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I have no opinion of what Nedved actually does or whether he should stay or go. However, I greatly favour when a club is run strictly by football managerial lifers like Marotta, not ex-players. I'm extremely nervous about someone like Chiellini or Buffon joining management. At the end of the day, it's a job like all jobs. The more experience and qualifications you have, the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)