Pavel Nedved (47 Viewers)

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Full interview from yesterday's quotes : :tup:

Nedved on Conte situation:

Nothing in the media as a reason why Conte left isn't true. We are not selling anyone and definitely not Vidal.

Conte's decision surprised us even though he wanted to leave at the end of the season.

He was tired of everything. That time (end of the season) we agreed that he would stay another year.We agreed that he would just 'turn off' on his holiday, relax and come back relaxed.After three seasons and three scudetti he simply didn't find the energy to continue.
Nedved on the clubs reaction when Conte left:

We were a bit surprised. We tried to convince him to stay but it didn't work.

We had to react very quickly to find a new coach.
Nedved on Conte's decision:

I completely understand his decision. They way he does his job is absolutely exhaustive.

Conte is a perfectionist, he doesn't miss a small detail whether it's on the pitch or during the video.

Conte works very intensively and his lack of energy is a logical explanation.

Conte is a great coach and we are thankful for everything he had done. He did a great job and we'll miss him.

It is a very big loss for us. On the other hand we had to deal with it and we brought Allegri.

Nedved on Conte's success in Juve:

I knew he was a quality coach, I knew how he worked and I knew he was a winning coach.

However, I have to say his results were surprising. Winning a tittle in his 1st season definitely wasn't in our plan and our quality grew right after that even more.
Nedved on Conte in Europe:

In his 2nd year we reached QF where we lost to later winners. It was a positive result for us.

The same can't be said about the last season where we didn't qualify from GS even though it was within our reach to do so.

Then we wanted to win the EL but again it didn't happen. Europe was our bad luck.
Nedved on becoming a coach:

Conte's success doesn't change my plans. I'm satisfied with the job I do in Juve.There is a lot to do, I'm always busy.

I gained a lot of percious experience from our GM Marotta, one of the best managers in Italy.

The same goes for Conte who is a great coach. In my opinion he will once again prove it. He tought me a lot!
Nedved on Conte:

When a man decides to do something he should do it on 100%. Antonio worked in a way I liked a lot.

For example the way he was taking care of the team.
Nedved on Allegri:

It wasn't easy to pick a coach. We had to do it very quickly. The candidates were two: Allegri and Mancini.

Mancini could take over the Italian NT so we agreed on Allegri who is a quality and a successful coach.
Nedved on Mercato:

The real Mercato haven't even started yet. There was the WC and everybody was waiting how would things turn out.

That's why any disagreements about our transfer policy couldn't be the reason Conte resigned.

Our strategy is clear: We want to keep our best players be it Vidal or Pogba.Of course, if an exceptional financial offer comes we would have to think about it.

We'll try to be as much competitive as possible in the CL. We only sold 2 players that Conte didn't see in his plans.
Nedved on Italy early exit in WC:

I haven't talked to them yet because they're on a vacation.

I was expecting them to come home early and so they did (smiles).

It was good for Juve but of course, nobody wished them this early exit.
Nedved on Suarez's behaviour:

I have to say I understand Suarez. I was a similar player but this reaction doesn't belong on the pitch.

I don't know why he keeps doing this. However, I was upset with Chiellini's reaction!

When the ref didn't see it he ran to him and showed him the bite.I spoke about it with our GM and when I see Giorgio I will tell him personally.

He's an intelligent guy and I'm glad he resolved the problem with Suarez over twitter and wanted to reduce the ban for him. That's the right way.
Nedved if he would take Suarez to Juve:

When signing a player Juventus is very keen on how the player acts on and off the pitch.

If we would vote if he should come to Juve I wouldn't be against. He's a great player.

Even 2 years ago when his situation in LFC wasn't clear we agreed we would want this player.
END

Source :

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I love his candidness. But Mancini as the other option? :inter: Our mgmt really doesn't fill me with confidence when I hear shit like that
Who else would have been available on such short notice? According to some here it's completely normal to just up and quit your job on the spot and not be blamed for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)