Pavel Nedved (6 Viewers)

Nov 22, 2010
Happy Birthday Pavel Nedved... I can't forget your interview with La Stampa back to 2006.

:cry:

The Full Text of The Interview of Nedved With La Stampa:

Q: Pavel, After the World Cup, you were confused. To stay, to leave to another club or to retire totally. A difficult decision you had.

Pavel: Actually, I didn't hesitate. I was sure to stay. I'm fine in Turin, and so is my family. Juve even in Serie B will be always the same team.

Q: Your business manager is not satisifed that you refused all the offers you received.

Pavel: Yes, Raiola was unsatisifed. He told me there were some clubs in Spain and England that wanted me. But in the end, it's me who makes the final decision. I have a flow of appreciation towards this team and the Agnell family which even after the World cup called me to tell me not to leave the club. And after all of that, my leaving now won't be a nice thing.

Q: And did you try to explain that to your teammates who urgently packed their bags and left the club??

Pavel: I should not impose my opinion on anybody, but I have to make the most correct decision for myself. Everybody is free to find his happiness wherever he finds an opportunity to do so.

Q: But didn't you say that you want to retire after the World Cup??

Pavel: Yes, I was convinced with the need for retiring after the World Cup, but only one week after that, I changed my mind and decided to play as I still can run:)

Q: You're now the perfect player for Juve's future...

Pavel: I have Juve in my heart and as my legs still help me, I will still run for this club. Even, now I believe I'll conclude my career here.

Q: Buffon and Del Piero are sharing you the same way of thinking...

Pavel: Indeed. Both of them always gave the good example, which is the importance of the membership and not giving up the club in the hard stages. I hope others will be convinced that remaining in Juve is not a dishonour.

Q: Did you think that you may not play in the Champions League, the championship that you love very much??

Pavel: Of course, I did. But since now, winning the promotion from Serie B to Serie A despite the minus 17 points, is my biggest desire.

Q: What did Deschamps tell you??

Pavel: That I'm the oldest player and that I should lead the group. He did not talk much as both of us do not love the long speech. My task is to bring Juve back to Serie A together with those that believe in that like me.

Q: Two Scudetti were taken from you. How do you feel about that??

Pavel: A great sadness. We always fought hardly on the pitch and we never knew what was happening out of it. I could give the Golden Ball award back, but those two titles were so deserved. We didn't need any help to win. We wwere too strong.

Q: Inter were given the Scudetto of last season. What do you think about that??

Pavel: I know that at the end of last season, 15 points were between Juve and Inter. If they're satisfied to gain a scudetto like that, then that's their problem.

Q: Do you understand what Zlatan wants to do??

Pavel: We're roommates, but I don't know what he has in his head. I would be pleased if he suddenly stayed. He seems evaluating the situation right now.

Q: The fans appreciated your choice to stay and they're more closer to you now.

Pavel: Always we had an excellent relationship because people love the man who doesn't give them up.

Q: Does Serie B scare those who didn't play in it before??

Pavel: Perhaps, the technical level is not very high, but it seems to be a better than many other championships. The problem is the lack of knowledge about our opponents. However, the club which is made of good players will cross all the obstacles. I started my career in Prague in Serie B and it seems I'll end it in Serie B :touched:

Q: Are you still linked with your national team?

Pavel: Coach Bruckner began to call me the next day after the end of the World CUp. I see his number on my cellular but I do not answer him because I do not know what to say to him.

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/calciomercato/200607articoli/2806girata.asp

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Q: Your business manager is not satisifed that you refused all the offers you received.

Pavel: Yes, Raiola was unsatisifed. He told me there were some clubs in Spain and England that wanted me. But in the end, it's me who makes the final decision. I have a flow of appreciation towards this team and the Agnell family which even after the World cup called me to tell me not to leave the club. And after all of that, my leaving now won't be a nice thing.
Must be one of the few times in his life Raiola didn't get what he wanted. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)