Pavel Nedved (46 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Im not sure if this has been posted yet its from sky sports:

Nedved - Del Piero is key
Juve midfielder backs captain to destroy Chelsea hopes

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has warned Chelsea that his team-mate Alessandro Del Piero is capable of destroying their UEFA Champions League dream.

The 34-year-old has enjoyed another successful campaign with seven goals from 19 Serie A games and a further five goals from seven appearances in Europe.

The Blues head to Turn with a one goal lead but the former Czech Republic international believes that the deficit can be turned around, especially with his captain in sparkling form.

The veteran scooped the Italian Footballer of the Year award last term but Juve ended the season without a trophy. With Inter Milan going strong in the league, the Champions League appears to be the Old Lady's best chance of glory this season.

"Alessandro is on fire this season and when this happens there is no chance for any side that we face," Nedved said.

"Nobody can stop him, not even Chelsea. There is no doubt we can beat Chelsea and they will do well to fear Alessandro.

"He destroyed Real Madrid singlehandedly in both games in the group stages and he can do the same again on Tuesday.

"His renaissance this season has been incredible.

"He is a great player, our captain, our leader and with him in the team we are very confident.

"We can definitely stop them from scoring in the second leg and creating goals is not a problem for us either."

Nedved was suspended the last time Juve went on to win the Champions League in 2003 - beating Milan on penalties - and he is determined to give it one last shot before he hangs up his boots in the summer.

Bitter
"I would give anything to win this competition. I was suspended for the 2003 final against Milan and it is a bitter memory I cannot forget," he added.

"I have thought of retiring for many years but the thought of winning the Champions League has driven me on.

"It is my dream and I do not want to retire and look back on it as my nightmare. At my age every match is important and I still get excited as if I was a little boy.

"I still have the same enthusiasm, the butterflies in my stomach before kick-off, but the body cannot go on forever."

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba netted the only goal of the game at Stamford Bridge two weeks ago but Nedved reveals it's another Blues player they fear most.

"He really is a phenomenon. For years (Frank) Lampard I think has been the best midfielder in the world," he explained.

"His level of consistency for club and country is amazing and he scores many important goals in the big games.

"We will do well to take care of him because he is often like a ghost from the midfield."

May 22, 2007
Shit. Pavels last ever Champions League match, and his career in the competition ended in such a cruel way. You could see him waving the stretchers away and he wanted to walk off, yet he couldn't continue. Amazing determination.

Really very very sad to see him cry when he got substituted at the end. :cry:

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Those chelsea scum injured Pavel, Pavel is a family man and a hard worker.
Essien is a money-grabing cheat, diver and so is Anelka, Drogba , cole virtually their whole team.
Forza Pavel you will always be a Juventus legend, unlike all the chelsea money driven players.

I will see Pavel in the last game of the season against Lazio and I will be saying goodbye to a true gentleman and legend.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Those chelsea scum injured Pavel, Pavel is a family man and a hard worker.
Essien is a money-grabing cheat, diver and so is Anelka, Drogba , cole virtually their whole team.
Forza Pavel you will always be a Juventus legend, unlike all the chelsea money driven players.

I will see Pavel in the last game of the season against Lazio and I will be saying goodbye to a true gentleman and legend.
:touched: Great post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)