Pavel Nedved (37 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
His last 3 months of professional football i guess .. this is the right time for Pavel to roll back the years to 2003 and try to win the champions league he deserves .. an excellent game by Neddy against sampdoria .. watch out chelsea ..!!

Apr 19, 2007
He had more freedom yeasterday...he was all over the pitch and when gio came in I like how Nedved. gio, and camo just rotated wing to middle. You would see camo on the left and gio right or nedved switch around. This was very tricky. I dont think Nedved has the speed to make space so when he plays so much defense he struggles getting up. Yesterday he waited in space and wasnt always so wide

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Juve look for Nedved's successor
Tuesday 17 February, 2009

Juventus have been linked with David Silva, Franck Ribery, Ivan Rakitic and Antonio Cassano, as they continue their search for a successor to the aging Pavel Nedved.

Nedved is 36 and expected to retire in the summer prompting the Bianconeri to start planning for a future without him.

Juventus have long been interested in Werder Bremen starlet Diego, but a deal for the talented Brazilian has stalled on several occasions.

Bianconero director of sport Alessio Secco has since turned his attention to Valencia and Spain winger David Silva.

“It's not a mystery, the Spanish ace interests us,” Secco said last week. “We will not put any pressure on Valencia President Soriano, but if he decides to sell him, we will move.”

Silva is thought to be a viable target as Valencia are in some financial difficulty and could be tempted by a bid in excess of £20m.

Sampdoria fantasista Antonio Cassano was also named by Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli yesterday as one of the players the Turin giants have on their wish list.

The 26-year-old has rediscovered his best form with the Blucerchiati and a bid of £10m plus two players, one of which could be Sebastian Giovinco, would reportedly be enough to lure him to Turin.

Schalke attacking midfielder Rakitic has also been muted as Nedved's possible replacement. The 21-year-old can play wide on the left or as a second striker.

The Bianconeri allegedly met with the Croatian youngster and his brother, who acts as his agent, earlier this year.

Perhaps the most ambitious name under consideration is Bayern Munich's Ribery, who is widely regarded as one of the best players in the world.

Ribery has been with the German champions since 2007 and is interesting not just Juventus, but Arsenal and Real Madrid.

It is believed the Bianconeri would have to go close to breaking their transfer record to sign him, though, making bids for Cassano, Silva and Rakitic more likely.

channel4.com
ribery!!

Freeman

Feb 17, 2009
Because it was the first time we played that way. If Gio had played from the start i think he would have done more than just an assist!
dude, It was not the first time. Ranieri tested the new position (mc) of Nedved but failed at the beginning of the season. The defence and process was... lossy. He is a side player in nature, now and forever.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
He's not the same player we all saw in the past but :cry:

Nedvěd confirms summer retirement plan

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedvěd has revealed that he will retire in June regardless of what the Bianconeri achieve this season.

'Right time'
"I'm still enjoying playing but considering my physical and mental condition I understand that the time has come to make way for younger players – they deserve to play," said Nedvěd, European Footballer of the Year in 2003. "Maybe you think I'm still young but I'm almost 37. I will quit at the end of the season, no matter how well we do in the Champions League or Serie A. The decision is final and I don't think I will change my mind – I don't need to. It is the right time to quit."

Unfinished business
Juve may think otherwise. The former Czech international made his announcement after recording his seventh UEFA Champions League appearance of the campaign as the Italian side slipped to a 1-0 defeat by Chelsea FC at Stamford Bridge in the first knockout round first leg. Nedvěd, who has been in Turin since a €41m switch from S.S. Lazio in 2001, has unfinished business in the competition having missed the 2003 final loss to AC Milan through suspension. Nor are his aspirations of claiming a winners' medal over yet, despite the setback in west London. "I would love to finish my career with victory in the Champions League," he said. "We haven't got a good result tonight but it's not over yet. Anything can happen in the return. I think it is 55-45 to them right now. It will be difficult, but not impossible."

Family time
Nedvěd landed the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup with Lazio in 1998 and the Scudetto three seasons later. He has added two more Serie A titles during his time at Juventus, as well as countless personal honours and 91 international caps. How he will follow up such a glittering career is still undecided. "I haven't talked with Juventus about either a new contract or a role at the club," he explained. "However, I think they suspect that I will quit. I have talked a lot with my wife and she is a bit tired too. I need to spend more time with my family who have supported me for so many years. For now I will focus on giving my all in the last three months of the season."

©uefa.com 1998-2009. All rights reserved.

Here's to my fav player. :champ:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)