Pavel Nedved (132 Viewers)

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
From time to time he could get full 90 minutes, but that's all he deserves at his current condition.

Pavel is fully fit to me, and I admit he should not play 90 mins in every game, but I feel he works so hard on his fitness that if he feels he can play 90 mins in a game then he should play the whole game.
Pavel works very hard when ever he is on the pitch, and he has that never give-up attitude which he deserves respect for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Pavel could be very good for the last 15 minutes. If he's subbed in in 75th minute then he'll be fresh enough and experienced enough to win us fouls, to keep possession etc.
From time to time he could get full 90 minutes, but that's all he deserves at his current condition.
So true m8,Gio needs to start on the left because if were going to play this 4-4-2 then we need wingers with pace,Nedved I hate to say it but is to slow for the wing now and needs to make way for Gio,because lets face it Gio was more active in 15 minutes than Nedved was in 90,I just really cannot see why Ranieri doesen't see this.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Pavel is fully fit to me, and I admit he should not play 90 mins in every game, but I feel he works so hard on his fitness that if he feels he can play 90 mins in a game then he should play the whole game.
Pavel works very hard when ever he is on the pitch, and he has that never give-up attitude which he deserves respect for.

yeah uh ahh, i hope Nedved plays till 2020. And outpasses Maldinis retirement record...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
so when is neddo retiring?
Maybe in the summer, maybe not...

Pavel could be very good for the last 15 minutes. If he's subbed in in 75th minute then he'll be fresh enough and experienced enough to win us fouls, to keep possession etc.
Nedved just needs to be rotated more.

He can probably do 90 minutes most weeks, but trying to play him for the majority of 180 minutes per week is just ridiculous.

I didn't see tonight's game, but, while Nedved is a shadow of his former self, he hasn't been as bad as a lot of people say he has been.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
he deserves respect but that should not equate to playing time

i'm pretty sure he knows that he's ineffective and a burden to his team when he's on the pitch (most of the time)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

He can probably do 90 minutes most weeks, but trying to play him for the majority of 180 minutes per week is just ridiculous.

I didn't see tonight's game, but, while Nedved is a shadow of his former self, he hasn't been as bad as a lot of people say he has been.
Nedved has lost the speed and accleration. Age has come up to him. He looks physically drained in the Fiorentina game

I have to say that it is time for Giovinco to step in and give Nedved the last 20-30 minutes of the game when needed. Nedved's experience will certainly help us.
Ranieri's insistence to put Giovinco on the bench and Nedved on the field will cost us in the future

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Nedved just needs to be rotated more.

Tonight it was much worse than the previous matches. It looked like he played 90 minutes earlier today and he was playing his 2nd match of the day.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
lets put a stop on all the "fanboy-ism" for a brief moment

what people fail to realize is that when a great player like pavel "overstays his welcome" in terms of playing way past his prime then his image, reputation and legend are tarnished and lessened.

i know alot of you fanboys will not accept or acknowledge this but its true. this happens to many great athletes all the time who don't know when to walk away from the game. sadly our organization has enough respect to not force pavel out the door

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
lets put a stop on all the "fanboy-ism" for a brief moment

what people fail to realize is that when a great player like pavel "overstays his welcome" in terms of playing way past his prime then his image, reputation and legend are tarnished and lessened.

i know alot of you fanboys will not accept or acknowledge this but its true. this happens to many great athletes all the time who don't know when to walk away from the game. sadly our organization has enough respect to not force pavel out the door
word,like zidane or schumacher that left while they were on the top of the game

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
CR respects him and is just pushing him to the max so that NEddy will realize he cant do this day in day out... and be open later on to coming in as a 70th min sub

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ya and thats where the problem lies. once every 10 matches pavel has a good game against a very weak opponent which sends the fan boys into renewed orgasm over how great he is and how he should be a mainstay in the lineup

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Juve needs to wake up before the Scudetto is gone

When the winter break ended, the Juventus faithful were fully expecting a Scudetto push that would see Inter Milan taken off their perch atop Italian football

However, that hasn't been the case at all.

There have been chances to close the gap on Inter since the Serie A campaign started back up earlier this month, but the championship caliber of play just hasn't been there, most notably two weekends ago against Lazio and Wednesday against Udinese.

And despite all the injuries and who is or isn't at full match fitness, when you're within reach of first place in a league like Serie A, you can't afford to have an off week. This is especially true when the team in front of you is continuing to rack up points.

It's just hard to believe that, with the opportunity to keep the lead at three points and Scudetto hopes alive, that a team can come out as flat as Juve did against Udinese.

So after three weeks of less-than stellar performances, is it time to shake things up?

It should definitely be considered.

The players who have played almost every game this season are starting to show signs of fatigue. Hell, Ranieri hinted at it after Wednesday's game.

"We might have been tired because certain players have been playing ever since the start of the season. Now we are feeling the need of some fresh players," he said. "Hopefully the ones who recovered from injury can help the ones who played more to rest."

Pavel Nedved is the prime example of this. At 36, he obviously doesn't have the same kind of speed that he once had when he first arrived at Juve, but he has played almost every minute of every game he has been a part of this season.

Well, it's starting to show and something needs to be done to make sure that Czech Fury makes it through able to walk.

His impact has been minimal on offense because he doesn't have the legs to make runs like he did earlier in the season, or in years past.

If Ranieri wants to live up to his tinkering past, throwing either Paolo De Ceglie or Sebastian Giovinco, who have started 12 Serie A games combined, into the starting lineup will bring some freshness and speed into a squad that is struggling to score at the moment.

You will never know if they can follow in the footsteps of Nedved if they are never given the chance. And this is the perfect time to do so with him struggling and obviously fatigued from playing 90-plus minutes week in and week out.

Understandably, at the beginning of the season, Ranieri's hands were tied because of what seemed like half the team being injured in one way or another. However, those injuries are now slowing going away and the depth should be used to his advantage.

Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon returned this past weekend against Fiorentina and David Trezeguet and Vincenzo Iaquinta were back in the squad against Udinese — all three who have missed extended periods of time this season.

With Alessandro Del Piero and Amauri struggling to find the back of the net recently, only once in Serie A in January, Trezeguet and Iaquinta will be counted on to get things back to the way they were at the end of 2008.

Add Giorgio Chiellini and Mauro Camoranesi to the players coming off the injury list and there will be regular order in the starting squad and added confidence to the entire team.

But the schedule only gets busier from here on out, so having your older players rested going into the Champions League clash with Chelsea and the stretch run of the domestic campaign is as important as anything.

Three different competitions when you are expected to be serious contenders for each is all the more reason to keep players fresh. And logic seems to lean towards a player getting rest when they are tired, or a coach changing things up when things are tough.

Juve have been through one rough patch already this year and if they want to avoid another, something is going to happen soon or else it will another season with no hardware in Turin.

Danny Penza is a columnist for Bleacher Report, the open source sports network.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9152806/Juve-needs-to-wake-up-before-the-Scudetto-is-gone
i won't rub it in, i just want to point it out to the fan boys

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
And despite all the injuries and who is or isn't at full match fitness, when you're within reach of first place in a league like Serie A, you can't afford to have an off week. This is especially true when the team in front of you is continuing to rack up points.
This is soooo stupid. I mean its like they are saying; ok you have 10000 euros in you but you really need to buy a car worth 70000 euros. They are saying it themselves; 5 or 6 of Juve's best players are injured so Juve has to use subs that have 1000 times less playing time then those players, has to use subs which have only ocasionaly played together in the same line-up but they should really suck it in and go first place!! Am i the only one who sees that something is wrong with this statemant?? What else do they expect?? What else do you all expect with our current state in the team, having the likes of Trezeguet, Camo, Chiellini, Zanetti injured? We are second in the league and we passed the CL group stage (raping Real Madrid in both games)!! That is fine by me!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
You didn't understood, what he tried to say is that despite all injuries we have we should push for win, and if you saw game against Lazio you would understand. We played for the draw and we showed no intention to attack and try for the win. And at the end we had luck that Lazio didn't scored again, and we are talking about Lazio who lost their last 2 games with 2-3 goals margin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)