Pavel Nedved (34 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
it is not very smart to tell nedved to retire or sit on the bench all the time ...

nedved got to be a part of next seasons squad ...

did any of you einsteins imagine what was if nedved retired right now and we were stuck with only giovinco for this position (having in mind that this isn't even his preferred position). very smart ... let's send nedved to milan and you can bet your ass off that giovinco will fail ... we are not covered on this position so it is very good that nedved will probably play 70% of the matches, while giovinco will play 30% which is enough to introduce him into our squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i don't think any of you einsteins actually read my post. understand that we must focus our resources and capital on furnishing a replacement for nedved. thats what my point is. why pay someone who obviously cannot perform at the level he has been known to perform at? is it because he is a legend? is that the only reason? that seems to be the only reason you people have provided.

get it through your skulls that he will be replaced. our board will find someone and ultimately nedved will retire.

please understand that no one ever told nedved to sit on the bench or retire. understand that my comments are from a business point of view not an irrational emotional fan's point of view.

his play this past season was horrible. camoranesi proved that he is the lifeline of the team, if you don't believe me then check the match logs and you will see what player had more of an impact.

you guys can cry and weep over my comments but my words are not wrong or illogical.

i never said that seba steps in for neddy, i never said neddy is not a legend, and i never said neddy should retire.

stop overreacting like a bunch of women and start using your brains. the guy is old and in any professional sports league older players (including legends) are a liability because with progressed age comes regressed ability. if you find that offensive or incorrect then you might want to get your head checked before you decide to put out another emotional gushing response.

jessy

Aug 23, 2008
i don't think any of you einsteins actually read my post. understand that we must focus our resources and capital on furnishing a replacement for nedved. thats what my point is. why pay someone who obviously cannot perform at the level he has been known to perform at? is it because he is a legend? is that the only reason? that seems to be the only reason you people have provided.

Because he's important, between the others things, for the locker room. He's an idol and an example for his teammates. He's always the first to arrive at the training and the last to go away. He wants to give always the best and to win and this give at the rest of the team the necessary determination. He's a leader in every sense of the word. This season Ranieri himself and his teammates have asked him to stay and when he signed for another year, his teammates made him a little party.
And i think that this season he stays expecially to help the youngest of the group. De Ceglie is already his pupil (Paolo went with him and his family for the holiday an year ago) and I think that he will take Giovinco under his wing too.

I think that this year he will play in Champions League and in the most important games in league championship, but for the rest if Giovinco shows that he's really good, he will play the most of the games. So i don't really see the problem. You are right when you said that maybe the society have to find a substitute but this is not in their plan. They want to point on the young so the best thing to do this is make them fit in the team with the help of the senators.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dru, Nedved is signing 1 year contracts and if i'm not wrong he accepted 2 or 3 pay-cuts in last 3 summers.
We're doing that so we won't be stuck with him when he stops performing. This way we can always decide not to offer him a new contract when the previous one will expire.
Obviously Ranieri thinks that we still need Nedved. Next year we may easily decide not to extend his contract if he stops performing well.

It was different in Milan because they offered their 32/33/34 yo players 3 or 4 year contracts and that's why they couldn't get rid of Serginho, Cafu and they still can't get rid of Dida.

I get your point perfectly but for now it all comes down to Ranieri's opinion, and our manager obviously thinks that Nedved still has what it takes to play for a big team like Juventus.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Because he's important, between the others things, for the locker room. He's an idol and an example for his teammates. He's always the first to arrive at the training and the last to go away. He wants to give always the best and to win and this give at the rest of the team the necessary determination. He's a leader in every sense of the word. This season Ranieri himself and his teammates have asked him to stay and when he signed for another year, his teammates made him a little party.
And i think that this season he stays expecially to help the youngest of the group. De Ceglie is already his pupil (Paolo went with him and his family for the holiday an year ago) and I think that he will take Giovinco under his wing too.

I think that this year he will play in Champions League and in the most important games in league championship, but for the rest if Giovinco shows that he's really good, he will play the most of the games. So i don't really see the problem. You are right when you said that maybe the society have to find a substitute but this is not in their plan. They want to point on the young so the best thing to do this is make them fit in the team with the help of the senators.
top performer, and welcome

Giovinco#20

Sebastian Giovinco
Aug 21, 2008
Good first post! You covered it all!

He is a role-model, and adds chemistry to the squad. We know he doesn't have the legs or the shots he use to have but he can still play the game very will because he is intelligent.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I want another Nedved replacement,Giovinco won't be Nedveds replacement because Gio isen't a Winger.He is more of an Attacking Midfielder he would be utterly ruined on the wing.

Dec 26, 2004
Dru, Nedved is signing 1 year contracts and if i'm not wrong he accepted 2 or 3 pay-cuts in last 3 summers.
We're doing that so we won't be stuck with him when he stops performing. This way we can always decide not to offer him a new contract when the previous one will expire.
Obviously Ranieri thinks that we still need Nedved. Next year we may easily decide not to extend his contract if he stops performing well.

It was different in Milan because they offered their 32/33/34 yo players 3 or 4 year contracts and that's why they couldn't get rid of Serginho, Cafu and they still can't get rid of Dida.

I get your point perfectly but for now it all comes down to Ranieri's opinion, and our manager obviously thinks that Nedved still has what it takes to play for a big team like Juventus.
A thing he already did, last year.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
forget the role model, played with us in B, we owe him bull crap and face the realities....Nedved is STILL one of the fittest and best players in our team...He cannot be benched!

jessy

Aug 23, 2008
Thanks fot the compliments for my first post.

Returning on Nedved, it's true last year he didn't start well, but there was a problem with the training, a little too light for him. In fact at one point he decided to intense that and the result was that from january the things went well. He resolved some games like against Atalanta and Cagliari, and he made the free kick, that Del Piero transformed in goal against Roma.
So i will wait before saying that he is a done player. Yes, obviously he will not return to the maximum levels (in fact i think that the best will be use him in Champions League and in some other games of the league championship, the most important but nothing more), but he will give again his contribution in the field, and most of all in the locker room.
However he wanted to stop this year but the society (seeing his recover in the second part of the league), Ranieri and his teammates asked him to stay. I think that they would know best of us what it's better for the team, or not?
The young players like Giovinco, De Ceglie, Marchisio etc. need of the help of the senators like Nedved to fit in the team and to become real champions ;)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
And Alen, what do you think about that?
Do you think Neddy can help us, or we just keep him as an honorable trophy?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
We can argue and say that Nedved did not started well, that we had few problems with his temper, but than we should be objective and mention DP as well.
Alex was not up to speed at start of season either, and he was sub, remember..

If our whole team would be performing like Nedved, we would not be fighting for CL position, but for Super Cup.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And Alen, what do you think about that?
Do you think Neddy can help us, or we just keep him as an honorable trophy?
Again, let me first go through this from our manager's point of view.
I think that we had an option to retire Nedved and buy a ML. We didn't want to do that because we had a better option which is to keep Nedved for one more year and have Giovinco as his sub.
If Giovinco plays as expected and proves good enough to replace Nedved, then we saved ourselves a lot of money we'd have used for Nedved's sub this summer.
If Seba won't do that then we'll have to buy Nedved's replacement next year, so it's not like we lose much.

If this is the way Ranieri and our directors were thinking, then i completely agree with this because that's exactly what i would've done.

Personally, i think Nedved will be good enough if he won't be played week in week out like last season. Last season, even though he didn't score and assist as much as we're used to, there was a visable difference between Juve with Nedved and Juve without Nedved. We were better with him around.
For his standards he's not good anymore, but compared to other MLs in serie A, you'll see that he's still there among the better ones.
I believe we did the best by keeping Nedved and adding Giovinco as his sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)