Pavel Nedved (339 Viewers)

Giovinco#20

Sebastian Giovinco
Aug 21, 2008
He is getting injured every season, I think last season he didn't do to badly really for his age. I hope he can finish this season with a happy feeling, he does bring Experience to the squad.

Get well soon Pavel!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
even if he can still "play" next season i would not want him on our squad. its never worth paying an older player too much money for minimal return. he had a bad season this past year and i don't think it will get any better this upcoming campaign.

if he wants to keep playing then i'm sure the serie A retirement home (milan) would be glad to take him in

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
even if he can still "play" next season i would not want him on our squad. its never worth paying an older player too much money for minimal return. he had a bad season this past year and i don't think it will get any better this upcoming campaign.

if he wants to keep playing then i'm sure the serie A retirement home (milan) would be glad to take him in
Hey, I just don't understand why you think Nedved had a bad season with us and you talk like Nedved is such an useless old man walking on the court and he is a burden to our squad.

The fact is Nedved gave us a lot last season, even he didn't shine as brilliantly as he had done several years ago, I think you should, at least, show some respect to him.

"its never worth paying an older player too much money for minimal return"

This sentence really pissed me off. Who are you to judge how much is enough to pay?

Generally, I also question your observation whenever you watched our squad played last season. My 2 cent.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Hey, I just don't understand why you think Nedved had a bad season with us and you talk like Nedved is such an useless old man walking on the court and he is a burden to our squad.

The fact is Nedved gave us a lot last season, even he didn't shine as brilliantly as he had done several years ago, I think you should, at least, show some respect to him.

"its never worth paying an older player too much money for minimal return"

This sentence really pissed me off. Who are you to judge how much is enough to pay?

Generally, I also question your observation whenever you watched our squad played last season. My 2 cent.
First of all stop viewing this as a die-hard pavel fan and an ignorant juventus supporter. Put on the logical goggles and then walk with me.

I never said that he gave us nothing last season. But obviously due to his age his physical condition is not what it was in years past. And please try to negate that his age had nothing to do with his injury rash and form last season.

From a logical point of view you have to understand that our club shouldn't invest money into an older player who gives you unequal return in the form of play/productivity. That’s just plain business and common sense. And this is a business after all am I not mistaken? I would rather have that money pooled to acquiring new talent, his replacement or getting something we actually need which is a solid defender.

Furthermore, I never said I am one to judge how much he is to be paid but then again tell me where I was actually wrong? The nature of any professional sport is to pay more for to get more not more to get less. You can reference any professional sport and see that older players always receive substantially less money due to the fact of their age. Yes there are some players (ADP, Totti, etc..) who still get paid in bundles only because they still perform and produce. So you can get pissed off at my post as much as you like but it’s the truth.

Think about the future, not about now kiddo

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Dru, this is blasphemy, just try to remember how many wons we got without Neddy, through the entire season without Neddy's priceless help.
Unfortunately we are still Neddy dependent, hopefully this year Giovinco will change that...

Neddy is def not as good as he once were, but he is still the best choice we had for that position and many times our only creativity spark in the midfield and the man to support our defense up until the 96'

Besides, paying someone's reduced salaries, despite being an iconic emblem for the club and the very reason a great proportion of Juve fans are still here can hardly be considered an investment...

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Hey Dru, I think we both a lil bit overreacted. In your first post, I felt like you hate him. That's why I responded like that.

First of all, I'm not a die-hard Pavel fan, I do love this guy and I also understand he's too old. Second, I also understand and agree with your logics in your second post.

Btw, I still defense the fact that last season, Pavel played well and offered to our squad a lot as he had a good season last term.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think pavel will play a very important part in our current season, he seems to be fired up even in the friendlies that we've seen so far. Both pavel and Gio will play their part this season for the team.

We'll really miss him when he retires at the end of this season. He's the best professional player that i've ever seen in this game.......

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dru, this is blasphemy, just try to remember how many wons we got without Neddy, through the entire season without Neddy's priceless help.
Unfortunately we are still Neddy dependent, hopefully this year Giovinco will change that...

Neddy is def not as good as he once were, but he is still the best choice we had for that position and many times our only creativity spark in the midfield and the man to support our defense up until the 96'

Besides, paying someone's reduced salaries, despite being an iconic emblem for the club and the very reason a great proportion of Juve fans are still here can hardly be considered an investment...
I think our club is trying to move away from being "Neddy dependent" and rightfully so. I hope you guys realize that keeping someone with marginal returns who's only real worth now is that he is "iconic" does no good to the football aspect of juventus. Yes I agree that he is one our legends and means a lot to myself, other fans and the club overall. But I am merely shining the light on the fact that he is not the pavel of the past and he never will be. We must move on, and we will have to do the same for ale, david, gigi and mgc.

Please don't misconstrue my words as hate towards neddo. I am simply stating the truth -- it may not be true just now but it will be in the very near future.

Btw cronios, I don't think juventus has to worry about maintaining a fan base or selling tickets or merchandise.

Actually if you think about it, camo was more important to our club last year than any of our other players (excluding zanetti). His presence on the field was made known during several important matches, moreso than neddo.

Hey Dru, I think we both a lil bit overreacted. In your first post, I felt like you hate him. That's why I responded like that.

First of all, I'm not a die-hard Pavel fan, I do love this guy and I also understand he's too old. Second, I also understand and agree with your logics in your second post.

Btw, I still defense the fact that last season, Pavel played well and offered to our squad a lot as he had a good season last term.
:pint:

We'll really miss him when he retires at the end of this season. He's the best professional player that i've ever seen in this game.......
You never saw zidane play?

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Nedved given all-clear Friday 22 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus breathe a sigh of relief after learning Pavel Nedved will be fit for the Champions League encounter with Artmedia.

The Czech caused worried scenes when he limped off during the Trofeo Moretti match with Milan last night.

Tests have now confirmed it is only a bruise on his left calf and Nedved will therefore be available for selection next week in Bratislava.

He had missed the first leg, which Juve won 4-0 in Turin, due to a ban and was eager to make his Champions League comeback after two years.

Channel 4

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
:tup:

That Milan youngster will never see playing time again. He had clear orders to hurt Nedved and make him miss at least half of the season, but he failed.
He'll be shipped back to Africa in no time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 337)