Pavel Nedved (11 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Friday 13 July, 2007

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has spoken of his delight at agreeing a new contract with the Bianconeri, and claims his salary wasn’t his main concern.

“I received several interesting offers, which I did not expect at my age,” he told Press agency CTK. “If I had cared about the money I would have left Italy.”

The Czech player had suggested he may retire after initially failing to agree a contract extension with the club, but an agreement was reached late on Tuesday night.

“It took some time to find a solution because I was very tired at the end of the season, but after I rested I felt a renewed desire to play football,” Nedved revealed.

“I owe something to Juve. I want to help them return to the top of Italian football and reach the Champions League, a competition we belong in,” added the 34-year-old.

The ex-Lazio winger also explained that club officials had been forced to increase their original offer to keep him in Turin.

“The negotiations were intense,” he revealed. “We talked for two days in a row until midnight on Tuesday, then we struck a deal and they improved my contract.

“I am happy that everything was solved, Juve wanted to keep me and I wanted to stay. We have strengthened the squad and I think our chances have improved as a result.

“I believe we can compete for the top positions and a Champions League spot is a realistic objective,” concluded Nedved.

Football Italia

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Brilliant attitude. After all he has done for juve, including staying in Serie B, he still feels he owes the club something.

A great example to have at the club for all the youngsters to learn from.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

“I owe something to Juve. I want to help them return to the top of Italian football and reach the Champions League, a competition we belong in,”

“I am happy that everything was solved, Juve wanted to keep me and I wanted to stay. ”
He still feels he owes smth to Juve!!:cry: :cry:
What a player!! what man!! what a legend!!!

Agon

Sep 23, 2006
Nedved: “I did everything I could to stay”

Pavel Nedved has been an integral part of Juventus for seven years now. Here he is again, ready to begin, ready to be a leader and a star, as always. The rumours and problems of the last few days before leaving for Pinzolo have vanished and the Czech champion is back doing what he loves best: running around and battling on the pitch.

As one of the symbols of this team, it was up to him to start the series of press conferences. Pavel spoke for a long time, touching on many subjects and, most important of all, offering his first judgement of the new Juventus team.

Motivations: “I didn't want to stay home and put my feet up just yet. I found the right motivations to continue and here I am”.

The deal: “I spoke with the club before coming here. It was purely a question of money, as other clubs were making some good offers. But the important thing is that in the end we worked out a deal. I wanted to remain at Juve and I did everything I could to make this happen. So I can only be happy about how things have turned out”.

Among friends: “Everybody respects me here, especially my team mates. That's why I was happy that they all decided to stay. I often spoke with Gigi Buffon on the phone, I was hoping he could stay and in the end he really made the best choice. I want to continue winning with him and all the rest of the team”.

The new Juventus: “After the end of the season in Serie B, I figured that we couldn't compete with the big clubs with the team we had. But the club has done well in terms of signings. We've bought some important players. We're competitive now but we need to show it on the pitch”.

Aiming for the Champions League: “With this squad of players, I think we can fight for a place in the next Champions League, and this in itself is already a good motivating factor. I don't know if we can compete for the League title, but our management has said that we could still buy a few more players, and if somebody really good was to arrive, we could certainly give it a shot”.

A new team: “This is a group of players that have just gotten together; we've never played alongside one another. Sure, this is a disadvantage. We've strengthened every position but it'll take time to perfect all the various mechanisms. This is where the Manager comes in, he'll have to be good at this. We're all starting from scratch and each of us will have to fight for a place on the team”.

The new arrivals: “They're all great players; we just need to get to know one another. I'm particularly happy that Iaquinta is here, we needed a player like him, he can give a lot to this team”.

Another Czech player: “Grygera? He's an excellent defender, he'll do well here. He can cover any role, but I see him better as a central defender. In any case he can relax, because he has someone like Buffon behind him, someone who doesn't concede a lot of goals...”

Nedved's deputy: “A lot of players could play in my role. Palladino often did it last year, but Marchisio is also very good. These younger players just need to be given the chance to play more”.

Ranieri: “He's a good guy, very nice, a real gentleman. We all have great respect for him and we listen very carefully to what he has to say”.

Pinzolo, one year on: “I still remember last season's training camp. Back then we didn't even know who was going to stay. We're more relaxed this year and we're able to concentrate exclusively on the work. This is certainly a great benefit”.

The championship: “It'll be better than last year's. Three big clubs have been promoted and there's going to be some great matches. We only had big matches with Genoa and Napoli last year in Serie B, now we're going back to the San Siro and then there's the derby too. The new Serie A has the ultimate line-up of clubs”.

The rivals: “Only by playing will we understand the real distance between us and them. Inter Milan have the advantage of having many great players, at least two for every role; AC Milan have won the Champions League; whereas we come from Serie B. It'll be hard, but we really want to get our revenge”.

The future: “I want to play for one more year. I am thinking about my future, but I haven't decided anything yet. I've always said I'd like to work with kids. I'll decide when I retire”.

http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1607000&ID=11706

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)