Pavel Nedved (24 Viewers)

May 25, 2006
Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has received a massive five match ban for his red card in Friday's stormy 1-1 draw with Genoa.

The Czech midfielder has found guilty of having deliberately stamped on a Grifone player as the game drew to a close, receiving a straight red card and berating an official before then stepping on him as well. :faq2:

Nedved, who had earlier put the Calciopoli-hit club in the lead with a trademark, albeit deflected, free kick, will now miss the crunch game with Bologna on 19 December.

The draw was enough to put Juve top of Serie B, but the Bianconeri have since seen top spot taken away from them, and Didier Deschamps' side now lie in second, level on points with Bologna.

Napoli head the division after a 1-1 draw against Frosione, although they have been ordered to play one match behind closed doors after Saturday's game was twice suspended after fans threw flares onto the pitch. :sigh:

Eurosport.com

May 25, 2006
Pavel Nedved has been suspended for five championship games following his sending-off in Genoa last Friday, 1st December. Juventus FC considers the punishment to be excessive and will lodge an appeal with the relevant sporting authorities. :wth:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yes they are going to appeal but Nedved's threatening to leave football and rightly so as our club is run by a bunch of pansies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Furious Nedved issues threat Wednesday 6 December, 2006
channel4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus ace Pavel Nedved is fuming over his five-match ban. “If this is the policy, I will retire,” he stated.

The Czech midfielder received the massive ban for his dismissal against Genoa in Friday night’s 1-1 draw, when he was adjudged to have intentionally stepped on the foot of the referee after his red card.

“Zinedine Zidane was suspended for three matches for a head-butt, what did I do to get five?,” said the player to his agent Mino Raiola.

“If this is the way they intend to manage things, I might as well retire from football,” added the player, who was asked by Juve to avoid releasing any statements on the issue as the Bianconeri are appealing.

“Pavel told me that he cannot agree with the decision and that [referee] Farina is a liar, he never offended him and he did not stamp on him voluntarily,” explained Raiola to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Many clubs have complained about this referee, including Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter and Milan.

“Pavel is convinced that the team is paying for what happened during the summer, but that was not the players’ fault,” added the representative.

“If this is how things will continue, they should have killed the club or given them a 40-point deduction.

“Pavel also wants Juve to know that he does not agree with their attitude. The club must react and demand respect.

“If this does not change he is ready to consider quitting. Punishments must be proportional to blame, in this case there is no proportion.

“I am thinking of appealing to the European Court of Human Rights. A five-match ban means that Nedved will not be able to play for a month and a half and you cannot deny a citizen the right to work for such a long time.

“They might as well rescind his contract…” ended Raiola.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
i agree with Pavel ,we are f*^king juve and they are doing nothing yet! Pavel is crucial for us and he juvetino too the bone so board members wake up and do something about this!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
poor neddy, hes no angel but that was just over the top. What do they want to do more? fine alex for putting his tongue out when hes celebrating

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Desicion is too harsh!!!(5 match ban)
I do not think he even deserves a 2 match ban.
A red card is a red card when needed. Match bans are for Dangerous actions. Imean if Zidane only recieved a 3 match ban, no use since he retired, Nedved doesn't deserve a single one.
The Italian Association are going too hard on Juve...
When you are the best you get punished hardly..
Juventus got religated to Serie B but Arsenal who smuggled Ivory Coast players were not punished!!!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
To all of you who are crapping on our Board, let me ask you one question: What would you do if you were in their place?

They lodged an appeal, what do you expect more?

Do you think they have magical sticks in their hands so they could provide justice to the whole world?

I agree that the punishment for Nedved is excessive, but he is no angel, he is just like other players, he reacted badly and he deserved the red card.

Stop whining and behave like true Juventus fans!

Dominic said:
Looking back, the foul WAS bad though. Just pure revenge, something which should be punished harshly.
:agree: Congratulations Dominic, for objectivity...;)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
mark83 said:
To all of you who are crapping on our Board, let me ask you one question: What would you do if you were in their place?

Do you think they have magical sticks in their hands so they could provide justice to the whole world?

I agree that the punishment for Nedved is excessive, but he is no angel, he is just like other players, he reacted badly and he deserved the red card.

:agree: :smoke: :smoke:
agreed

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
mark83 said:

:agree: Congratulations Dominic, for objectivity...;)

well put

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
I know Nedved deserves the rec card and i am not whinning about it and I know the board did all it can but I am Blameing the moderators for such a harsh punishments!!

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
“Pavel also wants Juve to know that he does not agree with their attitude. The club must react and demand respect.

I miss Moggi:)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Don't think he is serious about retiring, probably just doing it to put pressure on both board to stand up for the club and the FA to reduce his ban.

It was a pretty nasty challenge so and even if it was an accident standing on the ref I think a 3 match ban would probably be fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)