Pavel Nedved (90 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Without context this is a bit more ambiguous than the real interview:

Oggi si è arrivati a 13 infortuni stagionali. E' una situazione grave: la state analizzando? Che riposta si può dare?
"A livello d'infortuni stiamo combattendo da inizio anno. Siamo arrivati ad un punto di 12/13 infortuni complessivi e così è difficile fare. Ci dobbiamo fare delle domande serie. Per fortuna il campionato si fermerà il 13 novembre e potremo fare delle valutazioni serie".

Delle valutazioni sere su cosa?
"Su tutte le cose. In Champions abbiamo perso quattro partite su cinque ed è giusto essere usciti. In campionato siamo in ritardo, anche se abbiamo qualche punto in più rispetto all'anno scorso. Faremo delle valutazioni e cercheremo di ripartire diversamente".

In queste valutazioni è coinvolto anche l'allenatore?
"Qui non parlo di allenatore, parlo in genreale: di società, allenatore e giocatori. Qualcosina abbiamo sbagliato".

So we he was asked about injuries when he said that "fortunately the championship stops on 13th of novemeber and we can do serious evaluations"

When pressed he said "on everything [...]. We will evaluate and re-start differently"

When asked directly about the coach: "Here I'm not speaking of the coach, I'm speaking in general: of the club, coach, and players. There have been errors."

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Without context this is a bit more ambiguous than the real interview:

Oggi si è arrivati a 13 infortuni stagionali. E' una situazione grave: la state analizzando? Che riposta si può dare?
"A livello d'infortuni stiamo combattendo da inizio anno. Siamo arrivati ad un punto di 12/13 infortuni complessivi e così è difficile fare. Ci dobbiamo fare delle domande serie. Per fortuna il campionato si fermerà il 13 novembre e potremo fare delle valutazioni serie".

Delle valutazioni sere su cosa?
"Su tutte le cose. In Champions abbiamo perso quattro partite su cinque ed è giusto essere usciti. In campionato siamo in ritardo, anche se abbiamo qualche punto in più rispetto all'anno scorso. Faremo delle valutazioni e cercheremo di ripartire diversamente".

In queste valutazioni è coinvolto anche l'allenatore?
"Qui non parlo di allenatore, parlo in genreale: di società, allenatore e giocatori. Qualcosina abbiamo sbagliato".

So we he was asked about injuries when he said that "fortunately the championship stops on 13th of novemeber and we can do serious evaluations"

When pressed he said "on everything [...]. We will evaluate and re-start differently"

When asked directly about the coach: "Here I'm not speaking of the coach, I'm speaking in general: of the club, coach, and players. There have been errors."
Doesn’t sound good for anyone and it kinda gives that vibe that someone’s head will be sliced BUT it should start with the board.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Low value action, I think data science in sports has contributed to long shots going away in all of football past 10 years
probably true. data science is useful but takes some fun away. i enjoy a well shot rocket from distance. just look at a dybala or valverde highlight vid, or rewatch this:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
probably true. data science is useful but takes some fun away. i enjoy a well shot rocket from distance. just look at a dybala or valverde highlight vid, or rewatch this:

20-25m shots are still present even if less often that before, but 30-40m rockets are almost extinct. And on the surface it makes sense to me, teams are getting better and better at keeping posession and the 0.01 chance that you'll score that really long range shot doesnt outweigh the loss of giving posession away

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

On the draw against Nantes:

“They are 16th in the league but it doesn’t mean anything because we will play in the new year and that time will serve both them and us to fix things.”

Are Juve growing?

“Yes, let’s say we faced the last few league games well where we didn’t concede goals. We’ve done well but we’re still not in a good position as far as injuries are concerned because there are still too many players who are out but those who have taken to the pitch lately have done very very well.”

On the young players who are coming through the ranks:

“They forced their way through, they played important minutes, the young players are already ready and can and will definitely be part of this Juve and obviously the more established players are the ones we miss the most like Pogba, Chiesa, Di Maria. We will do much better and it could be a blessed World Cup break.”

It is no coincidence that there are so many young players are doing well:

“This goes to everyone involved in the youth sector, starting with Cherubini. They are not only Italians but also foreigners, we are expecting many important players from the 2000s and something important is being born. Thanks to our Juve Next Gen the jump to the first team is not so big, and it is very important for us. You see those who made it to the first team are ready, so bravo to those in our Juve Next Gen.”

On Kostic:

“We knew we were getting a solid player at the right age. At the beginning he found it difficult not only because of the setup but also because of the different type of league, because the Italian one is much more difficult from a tactical point of view. Now also we are playing with an ideal formation for him.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)