Pavel Nedved (334 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Nedved has Deschamps doubts
Saturday 17 March, 2007

Juventus have confirmed Didier Deschamps will be the Coach next season, but Pavel Nedved warns he isn’t so sure.

“The club confirmed Deschamps? I didn’t know,” said the 2003 Ballon d’Or winner. “This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen.”

The former Monaco boss is increasingly unpopular both within the squad and with the fans following a dip in form recently, even though Juve still lead the Serie B table. There are also tactical disagreements with Nedved.

“I try to enjoy myself on the field, but it is not always possible. I like playing in a more central position, but against such closed off defences it is tough to find space, so the Coach sends me out wide.”

Some players are staying away from interviews with the media, raising further suspicions.

“Everyone thinks with their own mind, but I don’t believe it is right to expect players to talk all the time. They have to focus on what’s happening on the field and I get the feeling we are all a little tired of being asked about nothing but transfer gossip.”

Nedved was one of the stars who elected to stay in Turin even after the summer demotion, but his permanence depends on their ability to create a strong squad for next season – boosted by the £71m increase in capital this week.

“I am happy with what the club has done. It is a sign that the owners are close to this side and really care about Juventus, so when it was announced the players all joined in a spontaneous round of applause.

“As for my future, there is time to decide. Right now we must concentrate on playing well and getting back into Serie A. Our objectives for this season have not changed, as we have to keep our heads down and maintain our momentum.”

Nedved had suggested he was going to retire after the 2006 World Cup, but stayed on another year to help Juve. What will he do next term?

“Every end of season I look at the pros and cons. Up until now the positive aspects have always had the upper hand, like my desire to play football and the motivation to improve. I still have another year on my contract and want to do everything I can to respect it,” explained the 35-year-old.

“I am happy to hear that I am considered an example, especially if the Coach is the one saying it. I am the oldest in this squad and feel it is my duty to help the youngsters grow and find the right path to their objectives.”

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The title and nonquotes of that article are incredibly misleading though, they make it beleive as if Nedved was critisizing Deschamps; which if one reads only the quotes, isn't the case at all.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Nedved has Deschamps doubts
Saturday 17 March, 2007

Juventus have confirmed Didier Deschamps will be the Coach next season, but Pavel Nedved warns he isn’t so sure.

“The club confirmed Deschamps? I didn’t know,” said the 2003 Ballon d’Or winner. “This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen.”
The title and nonquotes of that article are incredibly misleading though, they make it beleive as if Nedved was critisizing Deschamps; which if one reads only the quotes, isn't the case at all.

I am not sure if these are true, but if it is?? then what the fuck this club is turning to?? we are being a circus like Inter, everyone keeps talking crap :wth:

Jul 23, 2006
Word!
when i first read the title of the article, i thought nedved is actually going to say DD isn't doing a good job

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Word!
when i first read the title of the article, i thought nedved is actually going to say DD isn't doing a good job
y is that? he said this “The club confirmed Deschamps? I didn’t know,” said the 2003 Ballon d’Or winner. “This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen.”

in other words, he is not that sure if DD will take us to serie A, like I said, if he really said that, he doesn't deserve all these praises, it's not his business if the board fire DD or tie up his contract.. I hope he didn't mean it this way, he is/was one of my favourites :pumpkin:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
y is that? he said this “The club confirmed Deschamps? I didn’t know,” said the 2003 Ballon d’Or winner. “This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen.”

in other words, he is not that sure if DD will take us to serie A, like I said, if he really said that, he doesn't deserve all these praises, it's not his business if the board fire DD or tie up his contract.. I hope he didn't mean it this way, he is/was one of my favourites :pumpkin:
Hence maybe he said "'I didn't know, This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen". In other words, it's not his bussiness and he simply does not know.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

I think Nedved was misquoted in this article (again the press is trying to create unrest in Juve camp) :disagree:
remember last seasons, when we had 8 points gap with Milan, and he said anything still can happen!
now its the same, our promotion isnt secured it, and it isnt right to confirm a coach for next season, if we till dont know that he will succeed this season or not!

I dont see where we can fault Nedved in this!
My 2 cents :smoke:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Hence maybe he said "'I didn't know, This is not the time for renewals and decisions. If we were to fail in reaching our objective, I don’t know what would happen". In other words, it's not his bussiness and simply does not know.
and what does this mean then "this is not the time for renewals and decisions" ? :faq1:

that means "not a good step board, you should have wait the end of season before renewing DD's contract"

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I think Nedved was misquoted in this article (again the press is trying to create unrest in Juve camp) :disagree:
remember last seasons, when we had 8 points gap with Milan, and he said anything still can happen!
now its the same, our promotion isnt secured it, and it isnt right to confirm a coach for next season, if we till dont know that he will succeed this season or not!

I dont see where we can fault Nedved in this!
My 2 cents :smoke:
I am not believing anything, notice I used "If" in my first post, well if he said these, then I criticize him, even if he is one of my favourites..

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I am not believing anything, notice I used "If" in my first post, well if he said these, then I criticize him, even if he is one of my favourites..
you have the right to criticize him or any1 else. Also I didnt say you believe what was written. I just was trying to compare his comments to a similar situation last year!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
The Czech midfielder stated that some players are not willing to remain at the club next season considering they will not be playing in any European competitions.
Pavel Nedved expressed his satisfaction following the board of directors meeting, where it was decided that the Agnelli family will inject almost 105 million Euros to help the Bianconeri build a competitive side for next season.
"I'm happy about the signal launched by the club, it means that the owners are close to the team and want to invest to do well.
"Right now, however, it's better to concentrate on the promotion to Serie A, there will be time to talk about our future. The promotion must be our duty."
The main problem, according to Nedved, is that some players might not be willing to wait another season before they can play in the Champions League again.
"Anyone can do whatever he wants, because it's one thing to say you want to remain in Serie B, and it's another thing playing in Serie B without the cups. It might be that someone is not willing any more to remain at Juve to play another season without the cups.
"However, now we cannot make any mistakes. Imagine what would happen if we don't succeed," warned Nedved.

GD

Source: goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 331)