Pavel Nedved (33 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Nedved tips Juve for title

Saturday 31 October, 2009

Pavel Nedved insists Ciro Ferrara’s Juventus are ready to win the Scudetto or Champions League this season.
The Bianconeri surged into second place with a midweek 5-1 thrashing of Sampdoria and today face Napoli in a game you can see LIVE from 17.00 UK time.

“I see them in great shape,” smiled the now retired Nedved after visiting his former teammates at the Vinovo training ground.

“I know they have been criticised, but the truth is they are achieving some wonderful results.

“It is still too early to make a judgment, as we are still at the start of the campaign, but I believe this Juve can win already from this season.”

Nedved hung up his boots this summer after his contract with the Turin giants was not renewed.

Although he publicly considered other alternatives, including offers from Inter and overseas, the Czech opted to call it a day.

Football-Italia.net
-----------------------------------------------------
AHHHH LA FURIA CECA :touched:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Yeah but it's an insult to him to say Lazio was nothing but a small fish. They won everything during his time there.
they are a small fish when compared to us, though, aren't they? not to slam the Lazio team at that time, probably one of the finest teams I've ever seen, but well, Juve is Juve

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well if you wikipedia them it turns out that period was by far the most successful in their entire history. Almost all their trophies are from those years, including the Perugia scudetto. So I'm sure for Nedved this must have been pretty damn huge. I mean we're talking the same Serie A that we're competing for, so how is that a small fish.

I don't like this impulse to denigrate other club's achievements.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you said it yourself, it was their golden period in an otherwise mediocre history...Pavel certainly owes Lazio a lot, but the Juventus experience must be the one he cherishes the most...Lazio made him a star, we made him a legend

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What's interesting is that it seems he made a bigger impact here than he did there. In other words you play for a "smaller" club and there are more players involved in the win, whereas at the "bigger" club you actually pull more of the weight.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
certainly, Pavel was instrumental in their success, but most of the time the plaudits went to guys like Veron, Nesta, Salas and Vieri...guess they realised his true worth only after he left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)