Paulo Dybala (116 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Imagine it’s 2023 and there are people still rating Dybala over Chiesa…

Yes, as insane as it sounds, Dybala throaters exist. Mind-boggling, I know.
this is a very weird hill to die on. one is a top scorer of all time for juve and has won mutliple titles as a starter. the other has a coppa italia to his name and has spent 1.5 of 3 seasons here injured.

also before you laugh at letting dybala go, realize his salary demands went to di maria and pogba. were are those two now?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
this is a very weird hill to die on. one is a top scorer of all time for juve and has won mutliple titles as a starter. the other has a coppa italia to his name and has spent 1.5 of 3 seasons here injured.

also before you laugh at letting dybala go, realize his salary demands went to di maria and pogba. were are those two now?
Stop trolling, short bus rider.

Who wanted Pogba here lol? Not I. Doesn’t mean I wanted a washed up Dybala to stay here and be given 10 mil a year. The Pogba signing being supremely retarded doesn’t make extending Dybala a good idea. Thank god we didn’t do both. And now we can likely get out of Pogba’s contract without paying him another penny.

And we’re not talking about history here, princess. Dybala, post-2020 has been mediocre as can be. Chiesa > Dybala in thag period and it’s not even close.

But go on, ya balding pussy cat. Amuse me.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dybala stats last year:

38 games 18 goals and 8 assists

vlahovic stats last year:

42 games 14 goals and 4 assists

chiesa stats last year:

33 games 4 goals and 6 assists

di maria stats last year:

40 games 8 goals and 7 assists

pogba stats last year:

2 games 0 goals and 0 assists

once again on this subject (and many others as per your history) you are wrong. if dybala is mediocre, then the 75m striker vlahovic earning 9m per years has been a disaster, chiesa also, di maria also, pogba also. how is that the mediocre dybala out perfomed the top 4 juve earners? wow.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Dybala advocates miss the player that we had from 2015-2018 (if that player existed today he would be top 5 in Europe), not the injury prone and unfit player that he became later.

Thank you for all the memories and beautiful goals from outside the box, but it’s time to say goodbye.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
People are still bumping this thread after every good/bad performance :sergio: Same old "I told you so" arguments.

He's gone now. Probably not the best decision given he's walk into this current roster but then again not worth 10m a year for sure (idk if that rumour was ever believable to begin with tbh). Doesn't matter now. Just let it go.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Stop trolling, short bus rider.

Who wanted Pogba here lol? Not I. Doesn’t mean I wanted a washed up Dybala to stay here and be given 10 mil a year. The Pogba signing being supremely retarded doesn’t make extending Dybala a good idea. Thank god we didn’t do both. And now we can likely get out of Pogba’s contract without paying him another penny.

And we’re not talking about history here, princess. Dybala, post-2020 has been mediocre as can be. Chiesa > Dybala in thag period and it’s not even close.

But go on, ya balding pussy cat. Amuse me.

I don't understand why this debate is still going on. It is so easy:

1. Dybala's three first seasons were excellent.
2. In his final four seasons he displayed flashes of brilliance, but he was injured a lot of the time and it took him ages to grow back to his best form.
3. In hindsight investing a little extra in Dybala instead of Pogba wouldn't have hurt, but the 10 mil he was asking would have been too steep.
4. If we still had Dybala, we'd be building the team around him and his injury woes haven't changed at all at Roma.

That's it. That's all that needs to be said.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

This year:

Vlahovic - 4 goals - 1 assist

Chiesa - 4 goals - 1 assist

Dybala - 2 goals - 0 assists

:seven:
imagine comparing stats from an entire season to stats where a season is only 6 games in.

i will give you this, for someone who has been wrong so many times on this forum you have incredible self confidence even if you are insufferable

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
imagine comparing stats from an entire season to stats where a season is only 6 games in.

i will give you this, for someone who has been wrong so many times on this forum you have incredible self confidence even if you are insufferable
If I go back to that 2020-21 season I brought up as a starting point:

Vlahovic: 68 goals - 13 assists

Dybala: 40 goals - 17 assists

I wonder which is better. :lol3:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think that from 2015 to 2018, Dybala was probably the best player in Italy (although many would argue). The goals he scored in those 3 seasons were legendary and he was our main creative spark too. Having prime Dybala in our team was a key reason for our domestic dominance, I lost count of how many times he made the difference in Serie A.

Tuz would have appreciated Dybala a lot more if we weren't so obsessed with the Champions League around that time, instead of just appreciating what we did have (a great team that won the Scudetto and Coppa every season). Instead everyone was frustrated that we couldn't win the UCL and just vented their anger on whatever scapegoat they could find.

But in the end, playing through a hamstring injury against Lyon in 2020 ruined him for good. He was never the same physically after that, so we did make the right choice by selling him. Where we messed up is that we never truly replaced him (Di Maria doesn't count). Our attack has been so predictable and one-dimensional ever since Dybala declined/left.
You mean the obsession that culminated with the player in question being COMPLETELY owned in the final?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You mean the obsession that culminated with the player in question being COMPLETELY owned in the final?
The whole team sucked in that final. We got it all wrong. We should've come out with more purpose and vigor - momentum was supposed to be on our side, considering we had gotten ourselves back into the game just before HT. Instead, we looked exhausted and deflated. But hey, let's blame it on one player, since it conveniently suits your pathetic narrative.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The whole team sucked in that final. We got it all wrong. We should've come out with more purpose and vigor - momentum was supposed to be on our side, considering we had gotten ourselves back into the game just before HT. Instead, we looked exhausted and deflated. But hey, let's blame it on one player, since it conveniently suits your pathetic narrative.
giphy.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)