Paulo Dybala (61 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We were so close to having another Sandro/Bonucci situation. Player on big wages that we'll eventually struggle to get rid of.

So happy we moved on.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The deal with Inter is stalling not only because of the overcrowded attack - they have to sell/loan/free Sanchez and Dzeko or Correa - but mainly because of the demands on the commission and transfer fee from Dybalas agent. so its not really 6m and thats all, there are probably around 20m of hidden cost in the signing on fee and agents commissions, not worth at all with the risk involved.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
You guys are talking like he was a liability. He contributed in every season he played..
I agree that injuries (which are important) is main reason Dybals had limited stats. If not going only by past performance Dybala would have again put up good numbers. I also agreed he should go but only from the expertise of others saying he was only a one position player.

Now get ADM in his place and comparing stats from last two years of play ....

ADM in 4500 minutes accounted for 10 goals and 21 assists
Dybala in 3700 minutes accounted for 18 goals and 9 assists

Not much difference for me but ADM got his stats playing with and more importantly passing to some guys named Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. While Dybala got passes, well he never received most of the passes but at least Juve players attempted to successfully pass it to him while also most of his good passes went to players who almost always couldn't hit the side of a barn with their shots.

I might have to get @Boksic opinion on this one? I know he never rated Kean though he scored 19 goals for PSG. Recall he mentioned only reason scoring that many was with the likes of the above players minus Messi on PSG. I really thought Kean could be productive for Juve if given more time but @Boksic was no doubt correct is his evaluation of Kean's lack of quality.

Though I know no comparison possible of Kean's career against ADM but wondering if possibly ADM's numbers too were inflated playing with the likes of the above players? Hey I do know ADM is a desperate but probably needed move but might we Juve fans be disappointed at year's end with ADM's production?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I agree that injuries (which are important) is main reason Dybals had limited stats. If not going only by past performance Dybala would have again put up good numbers. I also agreed he should go but only from the expertise of others saying he was only a one position player.

Now get ADM in his place and comparing stats from last two years of play ....

ADM in 4500 minutes accounted for 10 goals and 21 assists
Dybala in 3700 minutes accounted for 18 goals and 9 assists

Not much difference for me but ADM got his stats playing with and more importantly passing to some guys named Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. While Dybala got passes, well he never received most of the passes but at least Juve players attempted to successfully pass it to him while also most of his good passes went to players who almost always couldn't hit the side of a barn with their shots.

I might have to get @Boksic opinion on this one? I know he never rated Kean though he scored 19 goals for PSG. Recall he mentioned only reason scoring that many was with the likes of the above players minus Messi on PSG. I really thought Kean could be productive for Juve if given more time but @Boksic was no doubt correct is his evaluation of Kean's lack of quality.

Though I know no comparison possible of Kean's career against ADM but wondering if possibly ADM's numbers too were inflated playing with the likes of the above players? Hey I do know ADM is a desperate but probably needed move but might we Juve fans be disappointed at year's end with ADM's production?
Im not saying anything about ADM but do you think Dybala wouldnt be able to perform better with PSG?

- - - Updated - - -

his contract would’ve been a liability. Actually I’d argue that tactically he is one as well.
And Id argue that he needs the right system.
For 6m a season he would have been useful IMO

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
There's no argument there, he does need the right system. Thats the issue. He only fits in a very specific one. Who's gonna commit to building their system around a guy that misses as much time as Dybala does?
A system that isn't easy in modern football. Two striker formations have gone the way of the dinosaur for most of Europe for a reason.

The talent coming up and the youth and pace nowadays almost push you to have a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Dybala at his price is a liability tactically and financially. Because he is one injury away from being 5-7m net sitting on your bench. He wasn't always this way, it is more of a recent development. But you don't sign a player to a 3-4 year contract based on the information and facts of 16 months ago. We use the information you have today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 38)