Paulo Dybala (104 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
1. No he hasn't. Impact of Pogba and the position he has played, he always meant way more to our overall play than Dybala did. If Dybala isn't scoring goals he's not doing much else. I remember many games where everything revolved around Pogba and he elevated the whole team. Dybala other than his first season not so much although there were moments. I know everyone's mad for the way he left but Pogba was a much better overall player than Dybala.
Dybala is our best dribbler and our best chance creator.

If you want a specific example, watch the two games against Monaco in the semifinal of 2017 where Dybala did not score but was excellent overall.

2. Maybe he didn't win it by himself (a bit ridiculous to expect that from a btb midfielder but ok), but his performance vs Bayern away was perfection for example. And that was a much better team and matchup than Barca that year. Also games against Dortmund before his injury, both vs City in gs, RM away in 14/15, both vs Bayern 15/16 etc. All those games he was either the best or one of the best on the team. Meanwhile Dybala has that one straw to hold on to and the fact most of our best performances in CL over the years came when he wasn't playing (Bayern, RM 1-3, Atletico 3-0)
Dortmund 2015 was a crap team that spend half the season in a relegation battle
Man City 2015/16 was also an average team that barely made the CL that season
You have a point regarding Real 2015 and Bayern 2016, his performances in those games were very good but not legendary.

Dybala's performance against Barca with MSN in 2017 was legendary.
He was also excellent in the semifinal against Monaco
Dybala also scored the winning goal against Tottenham
He also scored against Bayern at home in 2016
He scored an amazing goal against Atletico a few months ago that helped us top the group

3. Pogba left Juve when he was 23 years old. Dybala is 26, going on 27 and people are still talking about him as some wonder who still needs to develop, whose time is coming. Just if his teammates were less shit.
Yeah, because Pogba has progressed so much in these last 4 years :lol:

People still talk about Pogba like a young player, and he's older than Dybala!

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
At the end of the day Idc about Paul Pogba. He left and I doubt he'll ever come back again. Even if he does, plays well or doesn't, Idc. What Pogba did or didn't do, how good Pogba was or wasn't doesn't change the facts about Dybala. Another guy maybe being shit at wearing #10 doesn't excuse him. And anytime anyone ever says anything about Dybala around here it's always diverting blame to someone else, 'this guy wasn't good either' etc. If that's your best 'defense' (and unfortunately it is) you lost before you even started.

And please don't reply to me on this one anymore, you're never going to convince me otherwise. I've been lucky enough to see many Juve and football legends and leaders to know Dybala will never be that good. He will never be THE guy, the leader, the engine, the best player on a CL winning team. And as such he doesn't deserve the number, the salary, the status he has.

His reputation far exceeds the reality and that's that for me. If by some miracle he becomes that I'd be the happiest and first to admit it. I'm not the one to have agendas against Juve players on a Juve forum, there's no point. There's been players who I hated then loved and then those the other way around. I wanted him at Juve 3 years before he came, before anyone knew about him. He was my favorite player, I had 3 jerseys of his. He's just been a huge disappointment and that's it.

Edhardy

Jan 9, 2014
The only consistently great #10 we had in Europe was Del Piero of 95-98, if he wasn't injured we probably would be the first side to defend the CL.
Besides him you had Platini bottling against Hamburg while surrounded by Scirea, Gentile, Cabrini, Tardelli, Boniek, Rossi, Bettega and Zoff. You have Tevez (&Pogba) exiting in the group stages alongside Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, BBC, Buffon then failing to get to the EL final at home, Sivori alongside Boniperti and Charles never sniffed the final. Zidane against Dortmund (97), Madrid (98), and United (99) and so on.
Baggio could be cut some slack since we were not all that in the first part of the 90s tbf but going off on Dybala like that in an away match where he was one of the least embarrassing in a terrible match by the team all around is odd. That too in a round where Messi, Neymar, Cristiano, Salah, Mane and Firmino (possibly 6 of the 10 best forwards in the world right now) have had meh performances at best.
Old is always gold but those guys had their fair share of wtf performances and results which have been cleansed by father time and nostalgia.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
If you want to shit on Dybala at least pick the right time to do it. He was clearly the only one who was trying to make something and not even Ronaldo could carry this team tonight. Don't you think that is leadership quality?
Also he was actually the best player before Ronaldo joining

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
At the end of the day Idc about Paul Pogba. He left and I doubt he'll ever come back again. Even if he does, plays well or doesn't, Idc. What Pogba did or didn't do, how good Pogba was or wasn't doesn't change the facts about Dybala. Another guy maybe being shit at wearing #10 doesn't excuse him. And anytime anyone ever says anything about Dybala around here it's always diverting blame to someone else, 'this guy wasn't good either' etc. If that's your best 'defense' (and unfortunately it is) you lost before you even started.

And please don't reply to me on this one anymore, you're never going to convince me otherwise. I've been lucky enough to see many Juve and football legends and leaders to know Dybala will never be that good. He will never be THE guy, the leader, the engine, the best player on a CL winning team. And as such he doesn't deserve the number, the salary, the status he has.

His reputation far exceeds the reality and that's that for me. If by some miracle he becomes that I'd be the happiest and first to admit it. I'm not the one to have agendas against Juve players on a Juve forum, there's no point. There's been players who I hated then loved and then those the other way around. I wanted him at Juve 3 years before he came, before anyone knew about him. He was my favorite player, I had 3 jerseys of his. He's just been a huge disappointment and that's it.
source.gif

- - - Updated - - -

we'd have won if we had lukaku.
We've won if you would have bet on Lyon lol

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, missed a sitter, skied shots and crosses around the box and tried to flop for a penalty.

I wish he'd fuck off already. Maybe not our worst no.10 ever but certainly the one with least character, balls, consistency etc.
You're pathetic, and I actually like you.

What did you want him to do with the bunch of cripples behind him in that pathetic shitshow of a midfield? He can't go Super Saiyan or enter the zone whenever he wants. This is not some Japanese Anime. He did sky a couple of opportunities, but you take Dybala out, and there won't even be opportunities for us to score. Have you seen the level of mediocrity we have lying around on the bench?

- - - Updated - - -

we'd have won if we had lukaku.
Ah yes. The Big Oak AKA Lumbering Lumberjack AKA Bumbling Battering Ram.

Last time I checked, LolCackU bullies cannon fodder and his dick shrinks back into his own body against the big boys.

Also, Inter aren't in the tournament anymore. Yeah, LolCackU showed em alright.

- - - Updated - - -

What a shit performance.

This is why paratici wants to sell him. Totally worthless in important matches.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
We should put you in a giant icebox alongside Tootsie and Goldilocks until we win the CL. We can unfreeze all 3 of you after that.

Double Satisfaction - We win the CL and you don't get to witness it, miss all games. Same goes for Tootsie and Goldilocks. The world is better, the world is a happier place :baus: :tup:

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
he had one chance, misses like this happen for every player. The real problem is behing him, in the midfield, when midfield started playing he was looking good too.
Don't feed the troll. We should ignore that Fag. He has pure unfiltered hatred for Dybala, and just pops up like the imbecilic troll that he is to hate at every given opportunity.

If we all ignore him long enough, he will just vanish and disappear.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
You're pathetic, and I actually like you.

What did you want him to do with the bunch of cripples behind him in that pathetic shitshow of a midfield? He can't go Super Saiyan or enter the zone whenever he wants. This is not some Japanese Anime. He did sky a couple of opportunities, but you take Dybala out, and there won't even be opportunities for us to score. Have you seen the level of mediocrity we have lying around on the bench?
I'm not talking about just last night, I've been saying these same things for almost 2 years now. I don't want to get into a whole thing again, I've written dozens of posts on this topic.

I say he's not a leader, he's not consistent, he's a crybaby when things don't go his way - you start naming examples of other players who are the same way or blaming his teammates exclusively. That's not the defense you think it is.

You think Dybala's problems come from shit teammates, shit circumstances etc - I think he's part of the problem, a big one.

You say 'well ok who do we replace him with then' - I say we don't need to replace him directly with similar type of player. Someone who's a lesser talent but fits the team better, doesn't create the same positional issues etc would be better for the team overall.

I appreciate your fight against the evil forces in some threads, but we're not going to agree on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

26 actually but thanks for the insightful post.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He played better than Ronaldo, is that enough of a standard?

Also, aren’t you the donkey who wants us to buy a 32 year old Cavani? What the fuck has Cavani ever done in a big CL game? :rofl:
Yes I'm the guy who wanted us to buy one of the best strikers of this generation and a goal machine. Nothing to do with Dybala btw, Cavani would actually help him and CR with his movement, box presence, work rate etc. But nice job deflecting attention to something else again.

Also, nice job comparing two different players and roles. Cavani is a #9 who lives off of service from his teammates, Dybala is a #10 who should be doing so much more than scoring goals only.

What has Cavani done in CL? Played 4803 minutes (53 games) and scored 35 goals, assisted 6. Goal every 137 minutes. Scored vs Barcelona, RM, Chelsea, Bayern, City. Basically every big team he ever played.

Dybala played 2692 minutes (30 games), scored 14 goals, assisted only 2. Goal every 192 minutes.

Now go survey xg tables again please.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Dybala might have the 10 on his back, but he isn't one. Sure he can play there, but it isn't his best position imo.
I don't mean #10 as in CAM, but 10 as in Del Piero, Messi, Totti etc. Leaders and best players of their teams.

If he's not that ok, then he's a striker and should be scoring more goals. If he is then he should be carrying the team game in-game out.

Can you honestly tell me you see the same leadership qualities, consistency, sacrifice etc. those players made in Dybala?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybi is hard to fit into because of his total lack of work defensively. He can't press, he jogs around upfront looking disinterested and generally doesent do much if he's not with or near the ball. He's best in and around the box where we can use his great finishing, and next to a hard-working striker like Mandzu (or Cavani). As a partner to Ronaldo though, he's not enough of a worker and or playmaker

Oct 23, 2011
I don't mean #10 as in CAM, but 10 as in Del Piero, Messi, Totti etc. Leaders and best players of their teams.

If he's not that ok, then he's a striker and should be scoring more goals. If he is then he should be carrying the team game in-game out.

Can you honestly tell me you see the same leadership qualities, consistency, sacrifice etc. those players made in Dybala?
We are talking about generational talents here. Do you hold Dybala to the same standards as them? That's on you. And please, its not as if those players didnt have choke jobs and had some inconsistencies throughout their career, and this is coming from someone who started supporting Juve because of DP. Dybala has been immense this season and I really dont get his criticism, its absolutely unwarranted. He should be deployed as a second striker next to Ronaldo but has been carrying this team for how many months now as a number 10. He is involved in pretty much every attack we start from the back and fulfills the role our midfielders are supposed to have. Defensively the only role he needs to have is to close gaps and block the pass from the back to the midfield, which he has been doing just fine. Pressing with this team simply doesnt work because the midfield and defense arent following, leading to huge gaps between the lines. There is just no cohesion, which makes it very easy for opponents to play out from the back and leave our backline super vulnerable. The only player that could do a better job than him right now is KDB, who is by far the best attacking midfielder in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 88)