Paulo Dybala (125 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yes, missed a sitter, skied shots and crosses around the box and tried to flop for a penalty.

I wish he'd fuck off already. Maybe not our worst no.10 ever but certainly the one with least character, balls, consistency etc.
He scored an offside goal that could have stood (marginally offside). His teammates were useless. With the ball he wasn't bad

Btw you don't remember Pogba well. Way less character than our current number 10

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He scored an offside goal that could have stood (marginally offside). His teammates were useless. With the ball he wasn't bad

Btw you don't remember Pogba well. Way less character than our current number 10
Being a no.10 of a great club is much more than little moments, a goal here or there, assist here or there and a bunch of excuses like 'his teammates were useless'. I don't buy it as an excuse for Messi's failures with Argentina and certainly don't buy it with our wannabe.

#10 should be a player who's CONSISTENTLY great, a leader, an engine of his team. He's none of that. Just count the number of times people say 'his teammates were useless' and then count how many of 'he elevated the whole team, he was everywhere' are there.

I remember Pogba very well. He never should've been #10, that was purely marketing, but I also don't remember (a lot of times at least) him ever backing down, ever stopping. Even when he played his worst football that first half of 15/16 he was always bad because he tried to do too much, not the other way around. And once he got in form the whole team started playing again. He was in every game, scored goals, assisted, carried the whole midfield. Last time Dybala did that was first 7-8 games of 17/18 season and then he decided he doesn't like his position very much.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I remember Pogba very well. He never should've been #10, that was purely marketing, but I also don't remember (a lot of times at least) him ever backing down, ever stopping, ever backing down. Even when he played his worst football that first half of 15/16 he was always bad because he tried to do too much, not the other way around. And once he got in form the whole team started playing again.
Dybala has done more for Juventus than Pogba ever did, stop talking out of your ass. Pogba has never won a big game against an elite opponent on his own like Dybala did against Barcelona.

Who is more worthy of the #10 jersey then? We know Ronaldo will always have 7 because of marketing. Who else should get #10?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Dybala has done more for Juventus than Pogba ever has, stop talking out of your ass. Pogba has never won a big game against an elite opponent on his own like Dybala did against Barcelona.

Who is more worthy of the #10 jersey then? We know Ronaldo will always have 7 because of marketing. Who else should get #10?
Nice, another great defense of Dybala starting with bashing someone else. Really shows how great he's been with those one games everyone remembers right.

1. No he hasn't. Impact of Pogba and the position he has played, he always meant way more to our overall play than Dybala did. If Dybala isn't scoring goals he's not doing much else. I remember many games where everything revolved around Pogba and he elevated the whole team. Dybala other than his first season not so much although there were moments. I know everyone's mad for the way he left but Pogba was a much better overall player than Dybala.

2. Maybe he didn't win it by himself (a bit ridiculous to expect that from a btb midfielder but ok), but his performance vs Bayern away was perfection for example. And that was a much better team and matchup than Barca that year. Also games against Dortmund before his injury, both vs City in gs, RM away in 14/15, both vs Bayern 15/16 etc. All those games he was either the best or one of the best on the team. Meanwhile Dybala has that one straw to hold on to and the fact most of our best performances in CL over the years came when he wasn't playing (Bayern, RM 1-3, Atletico 3-0). Not to mention Pogba is a world champion, scored in WC final, one of the best players on that team.

3. Pogba left Juve when he was 23 years old. Dybala is 26, going on 27 and people are still talking about him as some wonder who still needs to develop, whose time is coming. Just if his teammates were less shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 92)