Paulo Dybala (149 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Well it will also depend on Cuadrado playing every game as a RM, I think. Because without him we don't have a replacement to make up the balance. Then we will go back to 4-3-1-2 probably lol.
I don't get that balance thing. How could then Barcelona field MSN upfront with Xavi, Iniesta and Rakitic behind them? How could Bayern field both Ribery and Robben?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Like, why not? They just two wingers :shifty:
I haven't read the article in Gazzetta but according to MikeM, Cuadrado is a must on the right in our 433 because he provides balance. I understand his presence is inevitable to maintain this balance due to his defensive contribution. So I asked why other successful teams were able to just field three offensive players (wingers + striker) and we can't.

A propos Cuadrado's replacement, I remember people saying Ramsey could also play wide in front three.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I haven't read the article in Gazzetta but according to MikeM, Cuadrado is a must on the right in our 433 because he provides balance. I understand his presence is inevitable to maintain this balance due to his defensive contribution. So I asked why other successful teams were able to just field three offensive players (wingers + striker) and we can't.

A propos Cuadrado's replacement, I remember people saying Ramsey could also play wide in front three.
Cuadrado is not a must. But he's literally our only RW right now, that's what I meant. Who else can we put there? We need someone to run back and hold the shape. I guess Bernardeschi but ehh...

In the case of Ribery/Robben, they were actual wingers. They ran back and at least were bodies the opponent had to avoid. Similar to Mane/Salah. They at least run back and make it a 5 man midfield, even if they don't win a lot of duels.

Like if we played CR7-Higuain-Dybala. They would all be standing at the half-way line. If CR7 and Dybala would run back to make it a midfield 5 then it would work but they don't, because at this point they're basically strikers, they don't have the stamina, etc.

At least Cuadrado or Costa (rest in peace) will run back to make it a midfield 4. It's not 5 but at least it's 4. If you play 3 strikers, then it's a midfield 3 which is just impossible.

Even Neymar would at least jog back into a defensive position.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Cuadrado is not a must. But he's literally our only RW right now, that's what I meant. Who else can we put there? We need someone to run back and hold the shape. I guess Bernardeschi but ehh...

In the case of Ribery/Robben, they were actual wingers. They ran back and at least were bodies the opponent had to avoid. Similar to Mane/Salah. They at least run back and make it a 5 man midfield, even if they don't win a lot of duels.

Like if we played CR7-Higuain-Dybala. They would all be standing at the half-way line. If CR7 and Dybala would run back to make it a midfield 5 then it would work but they don't, because at this point they're basically strikers, they don't have the stamina, etc.

At least Cuadrado or Costa (rest in peace) will run back to make it a midfield 4. It's not 5 but at least it's 4. If you play 3 strikers, then it's a midfield 3 which is just impossible.

Even Neymar would at least jog back into a defensive position.
Then it needs to be one of Cuadrado, Ramsey, Bernardeschi, Costa.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I don't get that balance thing. How could then Barcelona field MSN upfront with Xavi, Iniesta and Rakitic behind them? How could Bayern field both Ribery and Robben?
They were so good going forward they pinned back the opponents. They also had great fullbacks behind them who were also offensively very talented.

Liverpool's wingers and full backs are the same. They do run back when necessary but most of the time they have the ball and the opponents are terrified of them so they sit back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)