Paulo Dybala (80 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Individual players are playing well under Sarri but we havnt had enough stability to get good due to injuries and moving players around. Sarri needs to play Dybala close to goal and not tinker anymore moving him to a creator position. Hes so quick and can get good shots off. Eventually he will get confidence similar to Ronaldo if he has a run of good form and playing time.
What individual players? Dybala, Bentancur, and Bonucci earlier in the season, De Ligt now after his nightmare start? Ronaldo saving our bacon time and again the same as last year.

Bonucci has fallen back into his brain fart ways the last month or so. Pjanic over the last 4 months is playing the worst he’s played in his Juve career. Alex Sandro has turned back into the inconsistent mess we saw last year. Cuadrado hasn’t played better than previous years. Higuain hasn’t been anything close to his two previous seasons at the club but has been decent. Costa is injured all the time so not much to judge him by even if he has looked good like his 17-18 campaign in the rare moments he features. Bernadeschi has become absolutely awful. Rabiot has had a couple good performances but has mostly been mediocre compared to his PSG career. Ramsey has been awful compared to his Arsenal career. Szczesny looks the worst he’s looked at Juve. Most of the forum seems to hate Matuidi.

So who are all these players performing well? I count Ronaldo (who performs well regardless), Dybala, Bentancur, De Ligt.

Apr 19, 2007
@Post Ironic
Playing better
Ronaldo,Dybala,Bonucci,Bentancur,Higuain after last season,Cuadrado
The same
szczesny,Khedira,Matuidi, Sandro
Worse
Pjanic(right now),
Injured or not apllicable
MDL,Demiral,Costa,Rabiot, Ramsey,Chiellini

As a team we look weak and unorganized and lacking ideas. Same complaint as last year. Individually I dont think we are worse. Dybala looks dangerous again as does Ronaldo. Thats huge. We have had a tremendous amount of injuries in key positions and a lot of turnover as well.

Im not saying we are great right now but I do think he has some players playing better and are more comfortable. I dont see many individuals playing significantly worse than last season. Costa barely played as did Cuads. Berna is horrible though. Having two new starters on the back line hurts and it shows. Not having Chiellini is trouble as we learned under Max

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Playing better
Ronaldo,Dybala,Bonucci,Bentancur,Higuain after last season,Cuadrado
The same
szczesny,Khedira,Matuidi, Sandro
Worse
Pjanic(right now),
Injured or not apllicable
MDL,Demiral,Costa,Rabiot, Ramsey,Chiellini

As a team we look weak and unorganized and lacking ideas. Same complaint as last year. Individually I dont think we are worse. Dybala looks dangerous again as does Ronaldo. Thats huge. We have had a tremendous amount of injuries in key positions and a lot of turnover as well.

Im not saying we are great right now but I do think he has some players playing better and are more comfortable. I dont see many individuals playing significantly worse than last season. Costa barely played as did Cuads. Berna is horrible though. Having two new starters on the back line hurts and it shows. Not having Chiellini is trouble as we learned under Max
Ronaldo isn’t playing better. He’s doing the same as last year. His goal+assist/90 is actually slightly worse, but that’s a minor thing. He’s been brilliant both years.

Higuain playing better than the shit show last year at Milan and Chelsea means nothing. He’s nowhere near what he was for us in 16-17 and 17-18. Ya know, when he actually played here.

Cuadrado’s not playing better, he’s just healthy. Again though, nowhere near what he was for us in previous healthy years.

Sarri’s had some players improve from the worst season we’ve had in years but the only player who’s having the best form of his Juve career this year is Bentancur.

So until I see some players performing at career best levels, I’ll take this “playing well” with a grain of salt.

Apr 19, 2007
Ronaldo isn’t playing better. He’s doing the same as last year. His goal+assist/90 is actually slightly worse, but that’s a minor thing. He’s been brilliant both years.

Higuain playing better than the shit show last year at Milan and Chelsea means nothing. He’s nowhere near what he was for us in 16-17 and 17-18. Ya know, when he actually played here.

Cuadrado’s not playing better, he’s just healthy. Again though, nowhere near what he was for us in previous healthy years.

Sarri’s had some players improve from the worst season we’ve had in years but the only player who’s having the best form of his Juve career this year is Bentancur.

So until I see some players performing at career best levels, I’ll take this “playing well” with a grain of salt.
Ok
First lets discuss Roinaldo bc thats huge. He is playing better than last year. At the beginning of the season he struggled but he is in a form right now that he never had last year. Dybala as well is playing much better than last season.
Secondly-Career levels? So if Cuads doesnt play as well as he did in his late 20s Sarri is a failure? He was moved positions and is significantly older. If I asked you before the season your thoughts on Cuads I think it would be worse than currently.
Bent is hands down better
Pjanic struggling
Higuain-You cant judge Sarris job on a players form 3-4 years ago. Hes coming off the bench and has had 3 clubs in 12 months. He brought him back to being confident and dangerous.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ok
First lets discuss Roinaldo bc thats huge. He is playing better than last year. At the beginning of the season he struggled but he is in a form right now that he never had last year. Dybala as well is playing much better than last season.
Secondly-Career levels? So if Cuads doesnt play as well as he did in his late 20s Sarri is a failure? He was moved positions and is significantly older. If I asked you before the season your thoughts on Cuads I think it would be worse than currently.
Pjanic struggling
Higuain-You cant judge Sarris job on a players form 3-4 years ago. Hes coming off the bench and has had 3 clubs in 12 months. He brought him back to being confident and dangerous.
No Ronaldo isn’t playing better than last season. And no his form now is not better than the period when he scored 5 goals in 4 CL knockout matches for us last year. And also led the team in assists last year. He has 2 assists this year. He’s playing well, and in scintillating form right now, but overall, his year is well nigh identical as far as goals scored + created.

Why are you talking about 3-4 years ago for Higuain and Cuads? No one said anything about that far back. I’m talking about 2017-18, as in two seasons ago, the last time both were at Juventus (Higuain) and healthy (Cuadrado). Why the heck would I compare Higuain to what he did in a shambles season away from Juve that had nothing to do with the club. Or Cuadrado to season lost completely due to injury? Bizarre idea.

I guess by that logic it means I can say Chiellini is much worse this year, compared to last because he hasn’t played. :sergio: Or Mandzukic is much worse cause Sarri cut him from the squad and forced us to send him away on a free transfer :touched:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ok
Pjanic struggling
No offense, but why are you trying so hard to make Sarri seem relevant when it’s obviously not the case atm?

I agree there’s still time to turn this around and we are still in contention on all fronts which surely is a positive but everything else you are trying to push forward as some sort of indicators for Sarri’s supposed superior impact on certain individuals or other related topics is just plain cringe to say the least... totally uncalled for if you ask me, we are in February and we’ll most likely find out sooner rather than later if he is or not good enough, without having to look for every other irrelevant detail or aspect surrounding a coach’s job and putting it under the microscope in hope of finding something presumably relevant to bring up in his defence at times likes this.

Cheers.

Apr 19, 2007
No Ronaldo isn’t playing better than last season. And no his form now is not better than the period when he scored 5 goals in 4 CL knockout matches for us last year. And also led the team in assists last year. He has 2 assists this year. He’s playing well, and in scintillating form right now, but overall, his year is well nigh identical as far as goals scored + created.

Why are you talking about 3-4 years ago for Higuain and Cuads? No one said anything about that far back. I’m talking about 2017-18, as in two seasons ago, the last time both were at Juventus (Higuain) and healthy (Cuadrado). Why the heck would I compare Higuain to what he did in a shambles season away from Juve that had nothing to do with the club. Or Cuadrado to season lost completely due to injury? Bizarre idea.

I guess by that logic it means I can say Chiellini is much worse this year, compared to last because he hasn’t played. :sergio: Or Mandzukic is much worse cause Sarri cut him from the squad and forced us to send him away on a free transfer :touched:
But comparing Cuads to when he was a right winger used for counter attacks isnt crazy. Ronaldo is in better form right now than last year. He has scored in 10 straight games. Like I said the beginning of the season he struggled.

So according to you
Mandzukic was sold and that was Sarri not Paratici. Ronaldo is in the same form as last year. Higuain is worse bc we compare him to his form a few years ago bc last year doesnt count. Cuads is compared to his winger form when he was inconsistant.

- - - Updated - - -

No offense, but why are you trying so hard to make Sarri seem relevant when it’s obviously not the case atm?

I agree there’s still time to turn this around and we are still in contention on all fronts which surely is a positive but everything else you are trying to push forward as some sort of indicators for Sarri’s supposed superior impact on certain individuals or other related topics is just plain cringe to say the least... totally uncalled for if you ask me, we are in February and we’ll most likely find out sooner rather than later if he is or not good enough, without having to look for every other irrelevant detail or aspect surrounding a coach’s job and putting it under the microscope in hope of finding something presumably relevant to bring up in his defence at times likes this.

Cheers.
LOL I love how im the one micro diagnosing when we didnt lose a game in the CL and are sitting top of the table and in the semi finals in the copa. But yeah Im the one trying soooooo hard.
All im saying is our issues right now are more tactical than they are players not fitting in a system IMO.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But comparing Cuads to when he was a right winger used for counter attacks isnt crazy. Ronaldo is in better form right now than last year. He has scored in 10 straight games. Like I said the beginning of the season he struggled.

So according to you
Mandzukic was sold and that was Sarri not Paratici. Ronaldo is in the same form as last year. Higuain is worse bc we compare him to his form a few years ago bc last year doesnt count. Cuads is compared to his winger form when he was inconsistant.
I didn’t say anything about Mandzukic until you brought up players who were either injured or not here last year. Which is absurd. I said “if we go by your logic”. Obviously. And yeah, Sarri excluding Mandzukic entirely from the squad had nothing to do with us selling him. :lol:

Stop saying “a few years ago” :lol:

One season has passed since Higuain played under Allegri. Not a few years. Why lie about things to make Sarri look good? I guess it’s necessary. Higgy in his last season here was twice the player he’s been so far this year.

And Ronaldo has scored in 10 straight against the scrubs of Serie A. Which is impressive but certainly no better than what he did in CL knockouts for us last year. I’ll take 5 goals in 4 CL knockout matches over 10 straight Serie a matches always. So until I see how we do in the CL knockouts, please spare me the cringe.

Your apologisms for the chainsmoking hobo is getting sad. Wait til he actually has us playing decently at least, because he has us looking pretty dire right now.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2007
I didn’t say anything about Mandzukic until you brought up players who were either injured or not here last year. Which is absurd. I said “if we go by your logic”. Obviously. And yeah, Sarri excluding Mandzukic entirely from the squad had nothing to do with us selling him. :lol:

Stop saying “a few years ago” :lol:

One season has passed since Higuain played under Allegri. Not a few years. Why lie about things to make Sarri look good? I guess it’s necessary. Higgy in his last season here was twice the player he’s been so far this year.

And Ronaldo has scored in 10 straight against the scrubs of Serie A. Which is impressive but certainly no better than what he did in CL knockouts for us last year. I’ll take 5 goals in 4 CL knockout matches over 10 straight Serie a matches always. So until I see how we do in the CL knockouts, please spare me the cringe.

Your apologist nonsense for the chainsmoking hobo is getting sad. Wait til he actually has us playing decently at least, because he has us looking pretty dire right now.
Higuain was coming off a shit year in which he was transfered around. You dont just snap out of that form and back into the old one. He has done a good job getting him back to being productive. Same with Dybala.
My point is that hes making tactical errors right now that need to get fixed. I think some crucial ones he has made every loss trying to find some balance that we dont have. Our players arent doing terribly IMO is his tactics. Not sure how thats defending him

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Higuain was coming off a shit year in which he was transfered around. You dont just snap out of that form and back into the old one. He has done a good job getting him back to being productive. Same with Dybala.
My point is that hes making tactical errors right now that need to get fixed. I think some crucial ones he has made every loss trying to find some balance that we dont have. Our players arent doing terribly IMO is his tactics. Not sure how thats defending him
Fair enough then. :tup:

I don’t think as many players are performing well/better as you do, but we’ll have to agree to disagree on that for now. I hope those who have fallen off the pace over the last couple months do pick it up again. Lot’s of the players who looked fantastic in the first 2-3 months of the season (Higuain, Sandro, Bonucci, Cuadrado, Pjanic, and even Dybala to a lesser degree) have fallen back down to earth or even worse recently. Hopefully a mid-season blip and even if he can’t get his tactics right, individual quality makes the difference for us.

Apr 19, 2007
If we gain some balance in the midfield we have enough players playing well to win the league and copa and challenge for the CL. If we dont we wont challenge for any of them though. Ramsey and Matuidi are must starters for me. Dyabala and Ronaldo up top.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I love how im the one micro diagnosing when we didnt lose a game in the CL and are sitting top of the table and in the semi finals in the copa. But yeah Im the one trying soooooo hard.
All im saying is our issues right now are more tactical than they are players not fitting in a system IMO.
Are you honestly sure that was all you are saying?....

Anyway, i see your follow up posts are more clear and in a different direction compared to the previous ones so i guess no biggie, lets just leave it at a sort of a misunderstanding, although i’m sure you understood i wasn’t reffering only to the post i quoted there.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
If we gain some balance in the midfield we have enough players playing well to win the league and copa and challenge for the CL. If we dont we wont challenge for any of them though. Ramsey and Matuidi are must starters for me. Dyabala and Ronaldo up top.
The only must start in mid for me is Bentancur we can try every other combination and role in order to find the right formula.

Maybe Rabiot as regista will work considering that Pjanic biggest problem is man marking and Rabiot is strong enough to handle that.
We will see just hope Sarri will try something different as things currently don't work.

Also the system Must have Ronaldo and Dybala on the pitch that's for certain.

Apr 19, 2007
Are you honestly sure that was all you are saying?....

Anyway, i see your follow up posts are more clear and in a different direction compared to the previous ones so i guess no biggie, lets just leave it at a sort of a misunderstanding, although i’m sure you understood i wasn’t reffering only to the post i quoted there.
Yes I can point out every game that we lost and how we lacked some form of balance in those games. All from a weak midfield or a weak front 3. We lack an offensive player that can contribute defensivley right now so we are stuck with Matuidi being necessary. The trident is to weak and narrow and shouldnt have been piushed against a top opponent IMO.
Everyone on this forum hates Sarri but when he makes the decision that they argue for we lose and they are pissed. Matuidi off and we look like shit. Trident gets over run. Hate berna when hes our 3rd choice and playing only due to injuries. Our problem is purely tactical balance and not player form IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I can point out every game that we lost and how we lacked some form of balance in those games. All from a weak midfield or a weak front 3. We lack an offensive player that can contribute defensivley right now so we are stuck with Matuidi being necessary. The trident is to weak and narrow and shouldnt have been piushed against a top opponent IMO.
Everyone on this forum hates Sarri but when he makes the decision that they argue for we lose and they are pissed. Matuidi off and we look like shit. Trident gets over run. Hate berna when hes our 3rd choice and playing only due to injuries. Our problem is purely tactical balance and not player form IMO.
This is also why I have some faith in Sarri though tbf. I think he will find the balance and we will hit a good form. I think a lot has gone wrong this season that he cant control and that hes trying to get worked out. That was my point about the players. Hes done a good job fitting players in.
Rabiot didnt play last season. We lost our captain early and forced a 19 year old to play. His backup went out injured as well. New rb thats a converted winger coming off injury. Dybala going through a potential sale and year of bad form. None of this is in his control and hes worked on bringing the team back to be competitive and its stopped what growth in tactics we should have had.

If he doesnt find the balance we will get knocked out of CL and Copa and lose the league. He deserves to go at that point. But lets not act like he was given a perfect hand and he blew it. The next month will show what this season holds. If Max was still here he would be shown some grace by the fans and rightfully so.

But keep preaching as if he is the reason for Chiellini,Ramsey, Demiral, Costa, all being hurt. Rabiot not playing all last season. Cancelo being sold, and Higuain and Dybala coming back into the squad on the worst year personally in a while. None of that he controlled. He did control tactics and putting dybala and Matuidi on the bench together was a mistake. However most of you that are bashing him wantted Matuidi on the bench and COsta on so...

Last edited:

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
Regarding all things you said edgardavids2608 i completely agree and i don't blame Sarri for that.

But when a game isn't going your way and you see that Pjanic in man market and cant do a thing switch someone else to his position a more strong guy like Bentancur and Rabiot, just try something in order to change the course of the game. of course in order to do any of this you should already prepare it in training.
and that's my only problem with Sarri.

Its pretty important to have some tactical maneuver without even switch your philosophy and formation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 61)