Paulo Dybala (344 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
On thing this hole Dybala transfer saga has show and confirm is that the management doesn't speak to Sarri about transfers and don´t care about Sarri's choises...

Now, this is nothing new, with Conte and Allegri it was also like that, but I really think this is one of our main problems has a team...

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
On thing this hole Dybala transfer saga has show and confirm is that the management doesnt speak to Sarri about transfers...

Now, this is nothing new, with Conte and Allegri it was like that, but I really think its one of our main problems has a team...
Damn, your autocorrect is a bitch.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Not only he underperforms but apparently he is stupid too.

Signs a contract about his image rights, then regrets after a year and creates all this mess :sergio:
It's more likely that he has a team of lawyers and other "competent staff" that assured him that everything would be ok, and he trusted them. The same story CR7, Messi, and other stars had when they ended up having problems with the Spanish tax system. I don't think any of them is an idiot or a villain, but often there are a lot of shady people around such stars, because big money attracts them, and they know how to look trustworthy in the eyes of football players whose general life experience is usually quite limited.

Last edited:

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
A lot of people here are just over-reacting man. This club is renowned by people outside of this forum as having one of the best management in world football - we should be a hell of a lot more proud of that. Our track record in transfers is far from perfect but extremely strong compared many of our peers.

We sign De Ligt and everyone sais we have the best management. A few transfers later and we think they are hopeless. Let us not forget that Paratici has been instrumental in scouting and helping Marotta on some amazing work. I remember the days when everyone thought it was the end of the world when we couldn't sign Draxler for instance.

Have a little faith guys. You know, our biggest problem right now is a problem many clubs don't face and that is that no-one wants to leave. Think about other clubs where many want to leave. We never keep players who wanted to leave and that sometimes has hurt us financially in the short run but now many world class players want to be here.

I am a little sick and tired of the negativity and the ever changing bias. Perhaps its emotion.

Also, think about things practically. I like Dybala - I like his flair, his image and his appeal etc. But think about this for just one second. Not saying I want this. But imagine having Dybala as your number 9 in Sarri's system or Icardi for instance. Who is going to be more effective? We can say that he comes with baggage etc....ok, so who else then? To be honest, outside of extremely highly priced players like Kane etc - there are not many classic number 9s that are either available or affordable right now.

Kean? Yeh, sorry he left. But think about it. He had 1 more year on his contract and Raiola didn't want to extend. So what if he doesn't and we lose him for free?

There is a reason for everything you know. Sometimes we are just to quick to judge. Lets wait until after the deadline and look at the squad we end up with versus what we had last season. I am fairly confident it would be better and we do it in a financially sustainable way.

I still stand by the management - I have faith. I still think the team is stronger than last year. I am really looking forward to seeing a Sarri style of football at least for the novelty. My biggest doubt is whether his style is going to actually work and give us a better shot at winning the champions league - that is all.
Thank you. I almost though that I am somehow defective, supporting almost every board decision this summer. I see this as a nearly perfect mercato as I'm aware of limitations. And even if I'm not ok with some decisions, I know that they are not sabotage actions from Paratici, but they result entirely from this:

fantacalcio.it/approfondimenti/numeri/29_07_2019/stime-bilancio-juventus-201819-e-201920-il-punto-a-met a-mercato-370877

There is no mercy, no sentiments, when you run a business everything comes from those tables.
* CESSIONI POSSIBILI and ACQUISTI POSSIBILI are listed at the bottom.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I'm not having a meltdown or anything of the sort but please tell me how replacing Cancelo with Danilo is not a fucking joke?
Well I must admit my immediate reaction was negative. Not that we sold Cancelo per say, but why we needed to have Danilo in the deal as the rumors had suggested that we didn't want him as part of it but it was the condition critical for City to accept it. I am not sure if that is right but if true then its a compromise that is sub optimal.

I don't have a strong opinion on Danilo but if it is true that he is better defensively than Cancelo but offers a bit more going forward than De Sciglio then it may not be th end of the world while pocketing a nice plusvalensa that could be put to good use elsewhere.

One outcome of Sarri's style of play may be that he requires at least one of his full backs to be more defensively focussed and somewhat less adventurous while getting the midfield to be more adventurous in compensation.

So, RB is more defensive vs LB........Ramsey on the right is more aggressive while the RW is more wing back like. On the left, Sandro is the more adventurous one which allows Ronaldo to cut inside more while Rabiot is more defensive minded of the 2 mids flanking Pjanic.

There could be lots of reasons we will only know in the end.

MagicAardvark

Jul 20, 2006
What if Dybala was in on this ploy, to shop him around to essentially raise his brand knowing full well he will be a star player this season?
Get all the United and Spurs fans excited only to have them spend the season (hopefully) cursing not signing him with in turn actually raises his value.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
It seems Dybala won't be sold easly as Triulzi his ex-agent denounced Dybala for image rights for 40m and sent letters to United and Tottenham claiming that if they buy Dybala they'll have to pay that sum.
Also someone claming it's Marotta's way to deal Dybala for Icardi in a break even value since he is really close to Triulzi and so on...
Anyway hardly we'll see Dybala going for this reason else we would've gotten Lukaku by now or sold to Tottenham for 70m

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It seems Dybala won't be sold easly as Triulzi his ex-agent denounced Dybala for image rights for 40m and sent letters to United and Tottenham claiming that if they buy Dybala they'll have to pay that sum.
Also someone claming it's Marotta's way to deal Dybala for Icardi in a break even value since he is really close to Triulzi and so on...
Anyway hardly we'll see Dybala going for this reason else we would've gotten Lukaku by now or sold to Tottenham for 70m
I guess its Inter or nothing now..

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Thank you. I almost though that I am somehow defective, supporting almost every board decision this summer. I see this as a nearly perfect mercato as I'm aware of limitations. And even if I'm not ok with some decisions, I know that they are not sabotage actions from Paratici, but they result entirely from this:

fantacalcio.it/approfondimenti/numeri/29_07_2019/stime-bilancio-juventus-201819-e-201920-il-punto-a-met a-mercato-370877

There is no mercy, no sentiments, when you run a business everything comes from those tables.
What perfect mercato? We added De Light, Ramsey and Rabiot and want to sell or already sold some of our most creative players. You have no idea how the new additions will perform or how injury free they will be. And if they do not perform or have bad injuries we are left with guys like Matuidi, Khedira, Bentancur, Bonucci, Mandzo, Berna, Costa, MDS which is the same as last year. Let me remind you that the aforementioned players did jack shit in the second half of the season and expecting them to somewhat miraculously explode is a fantasy.
I am acctually pretty sure that we overestimate the abilities of our midfield and some people will be caught off guard when the season start.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I felt like Juve and Dybala's agent were just raising Lukaku's price to mess with inter. but who knows. Id like to keep Dybala but if we really do sell, lets just swap him for Neymar. lol.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Are we positive that Ronaldo will play on the left? Forgive me if I sound stupid but did he not get most of his goals for Madrid playing as a number 9 and was everyone not sure that Sarri would help create as many goal scoring chanced for him as possible like he did while playing Higuain as a number 9?

If so they I understand why Dybala won't fit in our lineup.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Are we positive that Ronaldo will play on the left? Forgive me if I sound stupid but did he not get most of his goals for Madrid playing as a number 9 and was everyone not sure that Sarri would help create as many goal scoring chanced for him as possible like he did while playing Higuain as a number 9?
He scored from 9, but he played on the left, Benzema covered him both on the left and at 9 position

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

If so they I understand why Dybala won't fit in our lineup.

Ronaldo has been getting majority of his 600 goals exactly the same role he was with us last season (minus a Benzema to play off and much more creative/offensive teammates). A false winger, who plays on the left, and cuts in to the box off the ball at will to score. He is not a winger anymore (huge freedom to go central), but he is definitely not a 9, he focuses all his energy on finishing/scoring unlike the complete player he was younger, but he is fairly clearly someone who wants to start off wide.

NEVER a full time center forward 9. He has freedom to move as he will, but wants and likes to start off the left. One time Mourinho tried to force him to play strictly as a 9 and shit went ugly between them.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
It's pretty weird to be willing to sell immediately your top player who had one mediocre season and at the same time to be excited about new signings that didn't have a previous season at all (Rabiot) or had it, let's put it mildly, also with a lot of question marks due to being injury-prone (Ramsey) or misbehavior (Icardi; not signed yet but the point still stands).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 336)