Paulo Dybala (201 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think one problem with Dybala is that we bulk him so much. If you compare Dybala in 2016 and 2019, you can see his leg has too much muscle. Some people with great original form like our Ronaldo, Kean and even Bernadeschi can sustain this added muscle and still retain the agility and speed, but for a midget like Dybala, it is too much for his body to handle. Young Dybala's strength is his agility, not his speed, but right now, I see him lose both speed and agility.
:lol3:

Jan 22, 2016
I don't know how someone can doubt the quality of this player? He manged to score 26 goals in a season playing as an AM while helping our terrible midfield in the build up.

He is a number 9 type of player like Raul, put Raul in Dybala's position last year and he won't be much better if not worst.

I'm very excited to see him this year closer to the goal, as i said before he would score +25 goals next season if he plays as a center forward.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't know how someone can doubt the quality of this player? He manged to score 26 goals in a season playing as an AM while helping our terrible midfield in the build up.

He is a number 9 type of player like Raul, put Raul in Dybala's position last year and he won't be much better if not worst.

I'm very excited to see him this year closer to the goal, as i said before he would score +25 goals next season if he plays as a center forward.
He is literally nothing like Raul tho. Raul was a poacher, Dybala is not a poacher, he’s a #10

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

For me i have no doubts about his talent , but not here , we repeated this millions of times...
It either him or Ronaldo ... both will never work and he is not suited to be a winger for 433 nor suited to be behind the srikers in 4312...
He is a victim of Ronaldo transfer ...+ he is inconsistant and we wait for him to peak ... thats really not good enough

By the way, i feel Ronaldo really rises the bar to us as supporter, anything less is not good enough...and he is going to 26 and yet to be the player we thought

- - - Updated - - -

La Stampa report that Sarri is planning to use Paulo Dybala as a centre forward, in a position he played while at Palermo and for major parts of his career

Fina-fucking-lly!! This is the make or break moment of his career.
:sergio:

Last edited:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Dybala was a poacher in any team he played for up until coming here.

He doesn't have the attributes of a 10.
I think he doesn't have the attributes of a world class poacher either. You can watch the goals he's scored, that season when he scored 26 goals you can actually count the 1-touch finishes, excluding the penalties and free kicks and i can almost guarantee that there ain't many. If he played in La liga, with little bit more open defenses or played for Man City, i think he could be around the box way more but in Italy, where most of teams are having defensive approach, especially our opponents are defending very deep, i think there's different type of players required in those scenarios. He can still use his left foot little bit further from the goal, but being the poacher in italy, he just doesn't have it. I think that just adding Ronaldo to the team made our opponents even more defensive and all we had last season was throwing the ball into box, our 1-2 guys against 4-5 guys in the box and where does Dybala fit in there? If we had right players who could seperate those defenses better, Dybala could be ending those attacks but since we don't, he isn't the right option. Dybala could be our David Silva and that's the best, but we would need better players around to make it happen.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think he doesn't have the attributes of a world class poacher either. You can watch the goals he's scored, that season when he scored 26 goals you can actually count the 1-touch finishes, excluding the penalties and free kicks and i can almost guarantee that there ain't many. If he played in La liga, with little bit more open defenses or played for Man City, i think he could be around the box way more but in Italy, where most of teams are having defensive approach, especially our opponents are defending very deep, i think there's different type of players required in those scenarios. He can still use his left foot little bit further from the goal, but being the poacher in italy, he just doesn't have it. I think that just adding Ronaldo to the team made our opponents even more defensive and all we had last season was throwing the ball into box, our 1-2 guys against 4-5 guys in the box and where does Dybala fit in there? If we had right players who could seperate those defenses better, Dybala could be ending those attacks but since we don't, he isn't the right option. Dybala could be our David Silva and that's the best, but we would need better players around to make it happen.
Because he was playing behind a box striker lol.

At Palermo and in Argentina he scored many more goals in the box because he was on the last man.

But your other point is fair and this is the conundrum of Dybala:

Dybala is better in the box but is your TEAM better if Dybala is in the box (as opposed to Kean, Icardi, Higuain, etc.)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Because he was playing behind a box striker lol.

At Palermo and in Argentina he scored many more goals in the box because he was on the last man.

But your other point is fair and this is the conundrum of Dybala:

Dybala is better in the box but is your TEAM better if Dybala is in the box (as opposed to Kean, Icardi, Higuain, etc.)
That's exactly the dilemma and i really count the poacher as a box type of player with 1 touch finishing. Classic poachers like somebody mentioned Raul already, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Robbie Fowler, Inzaghi etc.

Dybala as a false nine playing the role of Bobby firmino, that might be the best option but then again, he doesn't really offer the physical presence or the pace like Firmino does. Dybala is just way too system Dependent in my opinion and in a right system, he will be very good but it ain't going to happen at Juve so it kind of leads it towards selling him and getting decent amount of cash in a return.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That’s a #10 usually isn’t it
A second striker is like a #9.5, not fully a #10.

A #10 would be like Ozil who can actually play in midfield and pass the ball to goal scorers. A #10 looks to pass first while Dybala looks to score 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

A second striker is basically a #9 who is small. So he needs a big striker to bring the ball down for him and he can shoot it in the net. He can make the odd assist to the big man.

I can accept Dybala as a second striker, the problem is this position barely exists nowadays. It's either #9 or #10. When he played with Higuain, he was a second striker. However, the two had absolutely no compatibility because Higuain was better with the ball in build-up than Dybala somehow. But Higuain is not big enough to knock down balls for Dybala. So basically we were using two #9s.

If you ask where he played before Juventus the answer is clearly as a #9.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 185)